Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I think the damage is done regardless of whether we win, lose or draw tbh. Can’t see us qualifying even with a win. 

Can just see us all sitting around waiting to hear the result of an Alloa v Morton penalty shootout to find out if we go through or not. 

15 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Going to be carnage in here when we lose this weekend.  

Quite right too. Getting pumped out the cup by Alloa & East Fife 268705B6-EA45-4486-8BB9-544EA60E7EA9.png.5c0cd56e3414956262ae33301ba095a5.png

Buzzing for another season of battling for 11th and getting pumped out both cups early doors. Really whets the appetite.

57 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Surely Stan Harris and co can see the similarities and continued downward spiral that this is going to lead to and advise Mr Webb accordingly. As I say Davidson 2.0.

Stan can’t stand him apparently. 

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Levein. He seems very fond of Roddy sadly. 

I'm fond of Roddy but he really shouldn't be doing anything more responsible than stacking shelves in a warehouse somewhere.

I think Leveins days are numbered tbh, and rightly or wrongly it was just felt he needed a chance and time to build a squad and get it working before they ripped it all up.

Probably the wrong decision but you can see why Geoff Brown, due to his experiences of trusting managers through bad times, would recommend Webb do that while he settles in.

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Murray in the courier saying nothing imminent about Stevie may to us but would be interested if he was, rumours been floating about it’s a done deal, have you guys n gals heard anything?

Someone on our forum randomly mentioned it a few days, or a week, ago, but that's been it.

He's quite clearly leaving though, and has been available since January, so yer man is playing clever buggers claiming he didn't know he was able to leave which makes me think there's something in the deal.

He’s been bombed out, quite why you’d bomb him out when you’ve that little coward in midfield I’ll never know. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Someone on our forum randomly mentioned it a few days, or a week, ago, but that's been it.

He's quite clearly leaving though, and has been available since January, so yer man is playing clever buggers claiming he didn't know he was able to leave which makes me think there's something in the deal.

He would do a good job for us , would like to see it happen .

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think Leveins days are numbered tbh, and rightly or wrongly it was just felt he needed a chance and time to build a squad and get it working before they ripped it all up.

Probably the wrong decision but you can see why Geoff Brown, due to his experiences of trusting managers through bad times, would recommend Webb do that while he settles in.

As dire as things are, if you’re giving the manager a window to try and build his own team you have to give him the full window really and hope things are in a better place by the end of it/ and that the manager has some form of plan for how all of these shit players could form a coherent team. Sacking him now would plunge us into complete chaos and leave some poor chump having to stagger along with Levein’s squad.

We have shit players across the whole defence and midfield and are basically relying on some hidden gems being unearthed to give us a fighting chance. Which the manager has shown he’s capable of. 

Levein might well have completely fucked us, but he might also be our only hope now too. Shit state of affairs.

Give him the first round of fixtures and if we’re adrift bin him and then hope Webb can get the cheque book out in the winter. 

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

As dire as things are, if you’re giving the manager a window to try and build his own team you have to give him the full window really and hope things are in a better place by the end of it/ and that the manager has some form of plan for how all of these shit players could form a coherent team. Sacking him now would plunge us into complete chaos and leave some poor chump having to stagger along with Levein’s squad.

It depends on Webb really, but I just think there's enough bad feeling towards Levein, and this squad is already so much his, that if he blows the next 3 games (East Fife, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock), then they'll see the 2 week break to change it and see if a new manager can get more out the squad than Levein is.

6 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

We have shit players across the whole defence and midfield and are basically relying on some hidden gems being unearthed to give us a fighting chance. Which the manager has shown he’s capable of. 

Levein might well have completely fucked us, but he might also be our only hope now too. Shit state of affairs.

Give him the first round of fixtures and if we’re adrift bin him and then hope Webb can get the cheque book out in the winter. 

6 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Despite the above, if McPake or C Smith ever start another game for us I’ll be calling for his heid immediately 

Same goes for if that chancer gets the armband ever again. 

Two good posts and pretty much sums up where I am, though if he was punted now I wouldn’t be disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Despite the above, if McPake or C Smith ever start another game for us I’ll be calling for his heid immediately 

Same goes for if that chancer gets the armband ever again. 

On that basis you will be calling for Levein to be sacked on Saturday then.

Given the history of last season under Levein, scraping to survival on last day, and nothing has changed over the summer, he has to go now.

Allowing him to stay after the transfer window closes to then sack him is worse for an incoming manager.

Rhys McCabe would be the perfect replacement and allow him to bring players in ahead of transfer window closing. Would rather take our chances on McCabe spending our summer budget rather than Levein.

As mentioned in a previous post, he is Davidson 2.0 and signings are just become ex hearts players.

If Webb wants his vision of stability and growth to be achieved through entertaining football and increased crowds, then Levein and Kirk have to go.

Clelland would be interim until manager appointed and will bring the team together and bring ostracised players, such as Stevie May, back into the team. Look at the difference when McGowan was brought back into the team after being frozen out by Macca. A similar situation here.