Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I fear this documentary may paint St Johnstone fans in a bad, almost no righter like, light.

As long as nae c**t chats about this "Saintees" shite then I might be able to watch it.

Yes, ‘larger than life’ immediately rings alarm bells.

People all over the UK will be taking part in drinking games, downing a shot whenever someone says ‘’The best wee club in the world’’.

Early on last season when we went 2-0 down to Dundee I walked up towards the ormond end of the east, planning to leave. Pal persuaded me to stay. 

Ghostie sat behind them. 
He spent 10 minutes Roaring in a sing sing voice about how shite Stevie May was. 

That was a bit weird. 

I've not heard him shout in ages, so I'm either finally deaf, he stopped going, or he's quieter now?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not heard him shout in ages, so I'm either finally deaf, he stopped going, or he's quieter now?

He changed job and I think he probably works on the occasional Saturday now.

I enjoyed his shouts on the rare occasions I’ve sat up that end of the East Stand.

Absolute nonsense but adds colour to an otherwise lifeless part of the ground.  Probably different if I sat there every week right enough. 

Personal favourite was an entire half lambasting an opponent for diving, accompanied by a full world war 2 movie submarine dive warning horn noise, surprisingly well delivered. 

He also usually manages to cajole an opposing keeper or defender into a bit of a reaction in an otherwise pointless afternoon. 

46 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I enjoyed his shouts on the rare occasions I’ve sat up that end of the East Stand.

Absolute nonsense but adds colour to an otherwise lifeless part of the ground.  Probably different if I sat there every week right enough. 

Personal favourite was an entire half lambasting an opponent for diving, accompanied by a full world war 2 movie submarine dive warning horn noise, surprisingly well delivered. 

He also usually manages to cajole an opposing keeper or defender into a bit of a reaction in an otherwise pointless afternoon. 

I prefer his photos TBF .

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If a back 3 helps us play Sidibeh and Kimpioka at the same time then it'll be worth it, I think.

Shapes a different prospect with pace up front, but it has to be more than 9 players in our half shelling balls up the channels.

My concern is we go back to the discredited 3-4-2-1 formation. 7 defensive players, one forward and 2 forward thinking midfielders. Suits Levein and Kirk’s negative mindset 

8 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

My concern is we go back to the discredited 3-4-2-1 formation. 7 defensive players, one forward and 2 forward thinking midfielders. Suits Levein and Kirk’s negative mindset 

Aye, I'm just hoping the two strikers have become so indispensable that he feels he has to play and that equals a front 2.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I had to move because of him. Give him his dues occasionally he’s right - and sometimes funny - but most of the time he’s the sort of guy you’d say enjoy your night mate to at the pub. 

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Ghostie will be in it as will the podcast guys. Probably @Jamie_B as well. 

I hope they ask him about the one man pitch invasion. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

I had to move because of him. Give him his dues occasionally he’s right l

It used to annoy me he'd scream "back post" at every corner, oblivious to the fact opponents would then check the back post for any free men because they'd heard a shout.

I don't think it ever stopped us doing anything but in my head there was always going to be one time we had a free man noticed because of it.

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Ghostie will be in it as will the podcast guys. Probably @Jamie_B as well. 

I don’t think I’m nearly zany enough for this project. I’m also the victim of a sustained campaign by @Radfordto smear me and my good name so I’m almost definitely black listed.