Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I don’t think I’m nearly zany enough for this project. I’m also the victim of a sustained campaign by @Radfordto smear me and my good name so I’m almost definitely black listed.

Was it not rumoured you were the Saints Fan that went abroad for a European tie and missed it cos you fell asleep??

That is bound to be worth an entry in documentary

Yes unfortunately buying a bottle of vodka at Edinburgh Airport in a bid to avoid the ludicrous beer prices in Norway, then drinking most of it in a Burger King in Trondheim at lunchtime ended badly.

29 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yes unfortunately buying a bottle of vodka at Edinburgh Airport in a bid to avoid the ludicrous beer prices in Norway, then drinking most of it in a Burger King in Trondheim at lunchtime ended badly.

Jamie that story has got to be documented for posterity.

Sure they could make a feature of it.  

35 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not to mention the bottle of Jaeger you bought at duty free in Torp Airport! 😂

37 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

😅😅watched you and your pal split it in bk, then met you after the game, leaving the three lions when you said, you’d missed the game 👏👏💙

5 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Not to mention the bottle of Jaeger you bought at duty free in Torp Airport! 😂

I blame other members of the travelling party for that one.

8 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

His scan has suggested that it's nothing serious and he might be available...

So we can expect him back after the split. 

Just now, Kyle said:

So we can expect him back after the split. 

Dammit, we were so close to perfection. 

Left back is a problem. At the minute when Andre is out we're playing players out of position. That cannot continue because that's when we're at our worst. Keltjens is a suspect right back never mind playing on his weaker side. Would a player like Douglas solve the issue or create another? I reckon a loan is the way they'll go.

I'd rather just play Cameron at LB with Carey in front of him tbh, as long as they actually played it like that and didn't turn into a back 5.

Then you just pray 2 CBs from Sanders, McClelland, Neilson are okay, but we'll be relying on them this season anyway so you'll have to trust them at some point.

I think we'll play a back 5 though against Aberdeen as 4-4-2 against them seems dangerous when you lack the quality we do.

Can see be Neilson or Sanders beside McClelland and Cameron, then Carey and Wright either side, the two strikers, then Matt Smith +2 in midfield. Probably Sprangler or MacPherson and Max or something.

10 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

His scan has suggested that it's nothing serious and he might be available...

@shibbydoo, retract my red dot immediately. I’m not personally responsible for the results of Cammy MacPherson’s scan. This isn’t my fault.

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

@shibbydoo, retract my red dot immediately. I’m not personally responsible for the results of Cammy MacPherson’s scan. This isn’t my fault.

Have another 😂 

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Keltjens at left wing back is a big fat no from me. 

It's just straight back to when James Brown played out there, albeit I think Keltjens is clearly a better player.

I'd be more inclined to cover it by playing a back three with Carey at LWB if need be, and a more defensively minded central midfield dropping in to cover. At least then we might get something attacking out of Carey.