Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honestly f**king hate MacPherson for this now. Twitter is going to be unusable for Saints for months/years now because the rat faced c**t doesn't have a brain enough to realise what tweeting that video during the riots would cause.

It'll be shite at McDiarmid too when he trots onto the park and folk you've sat next to for years, and shared great moments beside, applaud him and go on some nutjob rant about the "woke mob" when you don't join in.

Frankly, this was one of the worst elements of having Malky Mackay attached to your club.  The tedious one line jibes one way or the other every game.   It’s happening at Hibs now too, I can guarantee it.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Wonder if Saints will now need to release a statement due to how much publicity this has gained ... on social media platforms as well as local papers PA, Courier, Daily Record so far that I know of

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Honestly, I really f**king hope the clubs found a way to throw him out to the gutter. 

Sadly, what happens is they’ll pay lip service to the genuine hurt it’s caused, and carry on as if it never happened.  

2 minutes ago, chips said:

Wonder if Saints will now need to release a statement due to how much publicity this has gained ... on social media platforms as well as local papers PA, Courier, Daily Record so far that I know of

If they don’t release a statement, the coverage now guarantees that Levein will be asked about it at his next presser. I don’t think it would be particularly fair to make Levein the face of our response to this tbh. At least if there’s a statement from a club spox — even if it’s some boiler plate pish like “we’re investigating this incident” etc — Levein can point to that rather than get dragged into it.

25 minutes ago, chips said:

Really gaining momentum now 😳

Screenshot_20240807_150054_Facebook.jpg

If you can gauge a person or club by their enemies, then St Johnstone have probably become my second favourite Scottish club.  

Another point. Despite all the coverage, it’s interesting to see the complete silence from the journos who are close to the club / management etc. Might be miles off, but that suggests to me the club aren’t ready to be critical of MacPherson yet. 

Its funny the Sun journalist hasn’t mentioned the whole thing given he’s been tweeting constantly about the riots otherwise.

10 minutes ago, chips said:

The problem they have now is, any statement will be jumped on by Tommy Robinson and his fascist mob, leading to more bad press.

They really are in a pickle, and all because Cammy is an idiot. If I was Saints I would probably have radio silence and have Craig Levein say he's injured at the press conference (with the added bonus that it would be perfectly believable)

2 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

The problem they have now is, any statement will be jumped on by Tommy Robinson and his fascist mob, leading to more bad press.

They really are in a pickle, and all because Cammy is an idiot. If I was Saints I would probably have radio silence and have Craig Levein say he's injured at the press conference (with the added bonus that it would be perfectly believable)

IMG_7608.jpeg

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Spelling his name wrong when it’s literally right in front of you is bad, but ‘a total lack of intolerance’ is a belter.  

There's no correlation between his response to it and his profile photo either. 

Just a total coincidence.

Oh... Yes he's actually a bigot. 

Just looked at his previous tweet... That was enough. Claims that Muslim graves down south could be a "mental health crisis" and not racism... 🤦‍♂️ top top level whereaboutary. 

https://x.com/currie_max/status/1821130959858659372?t=ALhzwMIG3-4v2A9bfcxNHw&s=19

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

4 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

Saying he's injured won't wash. Choices:

1. Continue to play CM and get bigged up by TR + knuckle-draggers.

2. Condemn CM then mutual consent / terminate / never play him again and get it in the neck from TR + knuckle-draggers for a short period.

I know which one I'd go for.