Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

You are easily overthinking boredom guy as the most tedious boring negative person on this site

Gies 🕊️ 

Fatty, it's called freedom of speech, and a forum is for all to be able to express opinion.

There will be lots of good free agents available I’m sure but The problem with bringing them in is they likely wont have had a pre-season so you are looking at at least 4 weeks to be fully up to speed? Otherwise you’re risking injury

27 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

There will be lots of good free agents available I’m sure but The problem with bringing them in is they likely wont have had a pre-season so you are looking at at least 4 weeks to be fully up to speed? Otherwise you’re risking injury

There’s a reason players are free agents on deadline day. One is their wage demands are unrealistic which would automatically rule Saints out. Another is that nobody wants them. 

Mallan the name being mentioned. He very much seems to be on the way down in his career in the same way Scougall has ended up but the talent is definitely there. One that's definitely worth the risk IMO.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mallan the name being mentioned. He very much seems to be on the way down in his career in the same way Scougall has ended up but the talent is definitely there. One that's definitely worth the risk IMO.

I think, and could easily be wrong, his name is just linked to us because people know him and he's free.

If nothing happens today then it's a bit of a disaster really. We might get 1 good quality free agent but there's zero chance we get the 2 or 3 we badly need.

Tomorrow's game becomes huge if we don't get anyone in too. A loss and suddenly the goodwill won v Kilmarnock goes and any leeway given to Levein vanishes.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Oh does it? 

That's good of you to speak for everyone.

I think so aye. Some are more sensible, but results are all that matter to the majority IMO, and no signings + a poor result at home against a team many will (rightly or wrongly) believe should be around the bottom this season, turns the worm.

Eric Nicolson seems a bit frustrated based on his tweets, and I worry that suggests he knows nothing good is imminent and is annoyed at that.

Hopefully Leveins chat today is just him playing games.

I think the point is fair enough. Tomorrow either makes it a reasonable start to the season or poor one.

That isn't so much of an issue if there a few good signings today as the argument is still that something is building.

What we explicitly don't need is squad fillers. The group needs to be at a manageable level for the next few months, not full of guys who know they aren't getting near to a game.

19 hours ago, Kyle said:

The collective heads gone when we sign one 22 year old on loan from Crawley is going to be a sight to behold

Too ambitious and hopeful, this post. Sorry lads.