Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I see no one else has cottoned on to what the statement doesn't say yet? Implies the new manager has already been chosen. 

I dunno, to me the vagueness suggests it's been a sudden decision rather than them waiting to reveal more announcing the new guy.

Him and Webb never seemed aligned and I'd guess there was some friction. You could fully see Webb asking him about recent results and player discipline, Levein getting snarky, and Webb just pulling the trigger that his fingers been hovering over. 

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Ian Murray? Was the first person that sprung to mind.

If we'd get relegated maybe, but I don't think he's one you want in a dogfight? Might be wrong. Not the right personality really either.

Suspect Webb has a vague idea of the type of manager he wants so knows roughly who he wants.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we'd get relegated maybe, but I don't think he's one you want in a dogfight? Might be wrong. Not the right personality really either.

Suspect Webb has a vague idea of the type of manager he wants so knows roughly who he wants.

I'm not so sure he would be a fit either tbh. He's just readily available and had attracted attention from us prior to Docherty coming in so teams at this level at least consider him. For some reason in my mind St Johnstone had been linked or were talking to him before? Am I just making that up?

Not that it's anything too serious to go by but I watched that Open Goal podcast yesterday and the saints squad literally seem to have 0 chat between them. Looks like they've never even met each other before let alone team mates. Fairly depressing looking changing room for anyone to take over. 

*Disclaimer I am not a regular of Open Goal

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was happening at some point this season so aswell getting it out the way early.

Not quite sure who you go for now but it needs to be someone with an infectious personality as much as anything. It was a struggle to get behind Davidson as he couldn't put any emotion over, then MacLean just seemed raging, then Levein didn't seem fully invested at any point.

An infect-shus personality you say?

John-Hughes-thumbs-up-Falkirk-fans-Scott

My concern is that Kirk is still employed. He's IMO responsible for most of the tactical approach. The nonsense we witnessed against Motherwell with Essel out wide etc has got to come from him. I just cannot see that coming from Levein. 

I do wonder if the sacking has more to it than just the football results, otherwise I would have expected Kirk to have been removed as well. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

At least we can get a good laugh at ourselves watching the documentary on those spanking new tvs though. Maybe they can set up a drive in cinema on the newly surfaced car park. 

The outcome for this season was sealed the day we announced there was to be a documentary. 

16 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm not so sure he would be a fit either tbh. He's just readily available and had attracted attention from us prior to Docherty coming in so teams at this level at least consider him. For some reason in my mind St Johnstone had been linked or were talking to him before? Am I just making that up?

I can't remember his name being linked tbh, but maybe was after MacLean left.

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

My concern is that Kirk is still employed.

I don't think it's clear whether he's staying or not yet.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can't remember his name being linked tbh, but maybe was after MacLean left.

I don't think it's clear whether he's staying or not yet.

"Andy Kirk and Alex Cleland will take charge of the team ahead of Saturday's game against Ross County."

You surely don't say that then sack him tomorrow as well

Andy Kirk and Alex Cleland will take charge of the team ahead of Saturday's game against Ross County.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe