Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Why is everyone treating this a gospel?

Every time someone posts "Brown is being tight" everyone believes it as fact. 

IF Driver doesn't sign, who says it isn't because his wage demands were OTT? Logic would suggest making him a high earner with his injury past would be a bit daft? 

As I'm not ITK at all, of course I've no idea if it is true or not, all i'm saying is there's always 2 sides to every story.  I do hope its not true though as I'd quite like him to sign.

I'm a excited about the season starting too, I miss the fitbaw!!

Would it not be counter productive to take a player on trial before finding out what they're after in terms of wages etc? I think it would be a waste of time for all concerned if there wasn't at least a ball park figure given on both sides unless Saints were just giving him some training facilities all along.

Can't wait to get going either- that pre-season game against Aberdeen whetted my appetite for some proper stuff. The league cup games will do quite nicely.

Maybe Andrew Driver should act in a professional manner and decide against imparting private information to his shit-stirring mates. This is a bad start to his time at our proud club. He will need to do far more if he's wanting to justify the big wage he's clearly wanting. Andy, there's still time to redeem yourself. Prove that you are #perthshire class.

You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine.
Pm of course, we don't want to ruin any surprise. 

Last time you PM’d me with an offer like that Tam, I received something I really didn’t want to see...[emoji850][emoji23]

But ok, just this time I’ll let you in on the secret.

:lol:
You are definitely not ITK Widge.

PM sent. [emoji6]

Second hand info from my Perth informant, could be total bollocks, but make of that what you will.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

PM sent. emoji6.png

Second hand info from my Perth informant, could be total bollocks, but make of that what you will.

Ach just spill it man, it's likely bollocks anyway

Given a choice between believing perthsaint1977, or some guy who spent three days posting "Driver training on Monday", I think I'll go with perthsaint1977. 

Would it be that this mate of Driver is trying to use this site to exert pressure on the club to tie Driver up? 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Would love Willock back, absolute baller.

Clark

Foster Joe Kerr Tanser

Spoony  Davidson Willock

#scougz

Watt     McMillan

Cup double. 

We'd make the group stages of the champions league with that team, frankly.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Would love Willock back, absolute baller.

Clark

Foster Joe Kerr Tanser

Spoony  Davidson Willock

#scougz

Watt     McMillan

Cup double. 

Switch to a 3-5-2 with Liam in the back 3. Foster, Muzz, Willock and Tanser with Scougall in behind Watt and McMillan,  then add the league as well.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

By all accounts, Drey Wright is looking like a chubby baller as well.

Not quite as chubby as Lee Croft though.  Thought Drey looked decent enough on Sunday - he's certainly got quick feet - but not sure he's got electric pace or anything. Maybe just not quite up to speed yet, but looked fine on early evidence.

I think if the manager was serious about playing a back three, he'd have signed another centre back, either before or at least after the news about Easton. And presumably a left-sided one.

You can't run with four centre backs for a season if your preferred system involves three of them starting every game.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I think if the manager was serious about playing a back three, he'd have signed another centre back, either before or at least after the news about Easton. And presumably a left-sided one.

You can't run with four centre backs for a season if your preferred system involves three of them starting every game.

That's the beauty Radford, we can play both systems quite easily. That was kinda how I wanted Driver in, because he can play both winger and wing back. We do have Craig who can cover and also Foster if Tanser gets injured but we need a better left attacking option imo.