Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I wouldn't worry ourselves. Won't even be in TW's thoughts. 
We'd be better off soldiering on with Liam & Spoony in there anyway. 
I imagine not but has the whiff of a 1st September potential panic signing.

5 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
4 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
I wouldn't worry ourselves. Won't even be in TW's thoughts. 
We'd be better off soldiering on with Liam & Spoony in there anyway. 

I imagine not but has the whiff of a 1st September potential panic signing.

I doubt we'll see anything like that this season. 

Seems to be some traction building with the Calvin Miller loan (although half might be in my head), and TW is pretty much entirely focused on a CM now, with no other position needing filled. Still two weeks to find the right one.

Positive quotes from TW on the unofficial twitter this morning. 

He's held talks with Brown about extending his contract, and "doesn't see any issues at either side". 

He's also positive about getting a signing in within the next week and "has options" but still suggests he needs to let young players go on loan before it happens. 

Has options sounds like loan deals to me, which is something he said he wanted to move away from. As I said yesterday, I'm not expecting a world-beater, or indeed the guaranteed starter that he stated he was looking for earlier in the summer.

Don't think we've been properly linked to a central midfielder all summer, which is slightly strange? Willock maybe but then I still think if Saints really had wanted him back in Perth he'd be here.

The club won't give young players away on loan for nothing, they'll be looking for reasonable contributions to their wage. Other than Hendry, I'm not sure the others will be that attractive to lower league clubs.

I'd be happy with a loan tbh, it's possible there's nobody good enough that we can afford outright, so a loan gives another six months to identify someone. 

If it was a loan for someone like Tansey, it maybe opens up the option to sign them later down the line aswell. 

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

Has options sounds like loan deals to me, which is something he said he wanted to move away from. As I said yesterday, I'm not expecting a world-beater, or indeed the guaranteed starter that he stated he was looking for earlier in the summer.

Don't think we've been properly linked to a central midfielder all summer, which is slightly strange? Willock maybe but then I still think if Saints really had wanted him back in Perth he'd be here.

The club won't give young players away on loan for nothing, they'll be looking for reasonable contributions to their wage. Other than Hendry, I'm not sure the others will be that attractive to lower league clubs.

Would have thought McCann and McLean would be worthwhile loanees for lower league teams as well.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be happy with a loan tbh, it's possible there's nobody good enough that we can afford outright, so a loan gives another six months to identify someone. 

If it was a loan for someone like Tansey, it maybe opens up the option to sign them later down the line aswell. 

I'm all aboard with the Tansey option as I feel strongly that we need someone new in there, and mentioned him recently as well, but is he a wee bit too attack minded for what we are after?  

I haven't seen him play for a few years, but I seem to recall he pops up on the box with goals and has a great long range strike on him, and likes to spread play with passes.. but is he defensive minded? I remember big carthorse Draper getting stuck in a lot more.

Like I say I haven't seen Tansey for a while, so don't remember all that much about his style of play..

I'm all aboard with the Tansey option as I feel strongly that we need someone new in there, and mentioned him recently as well, but is he a wee bit too attack minded for what we are after?  
I haven't seen him play for a few years, but I seem to recall he pops up on the box with goals and has a great long range strike on him, and likes to spread play with passes.. but is he defensive minded? I remember big carthorse Draper getting stuck in a lot more.
Like I say I haven't seen Tansey for a while, so don't remember all that much about his style of play..

Yeah but that big cart horse was Murray Davidson sparing partner.

Tansey dropped deep from the midfield and picked the ball up from the centre backs before moving it on. Yes he was popping up with strikes at goal from 25/30 yards, but only cause he was never in the actual box in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yeah but that big cart horse was Murray Davidson sparing partner.

Tansey dropped deep from the midfield and picked the ball up from the centre backs before moving it on. Yes he was popping up with strikes at goal from 25/30 yards, but only cause he was never in the actual box in the first place.

Carthorse was probably quite harsh on Draper, as he did a decent job for Caley, and I often thought him and Davidson cancelled each other out. I just remember often getting annoyed at Draper (probably similar to opposition fans with Muzz) as he used to run around kicking folk all game.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

My memories were him sitting deep at their stadium dictating the game while we completely sat off him. 

In saying that, Abdul Osman/Adam Barton also looked like Beckenbauer against us.