Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

You'd could argue that if he hadn't had as many injuries problems he might not have been at saints long enough for 300 games though.  

That's a fair point actually! Glad to have him for as long as we have [emoji7]

Watt with two goals and an assist today. 
Four goals in seven games if you ignore the goal against Hibs. 

Either way that’s a direct involvement in 6 goals in 7 games. That’s the kind of positive form and end product that was missing at Hearts. He seems to be striking up friendships within the squad as well which can only be a positive. If he plays with a smile on his face, then we’ll see he best of him. No sulking and everyone will be happy.

39 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Tony Tony Tony Watt!!

I've barely any voice left. 

Mind that time you said he was shite and you'd rather have Connor Sammon...

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty sure you just made that up. 

I think if you go back, as I know you will you'll find that I said that I wasn't overly sure on the signing due to his regularly questioned attitude. I also went onto say I hoped to be proved wrong. 

Sammon? Never mentioned him. Away to your bed. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

On 11/08/2017 at 14:38, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

For me he would of been the worst of the lot - I know you're not saying we should of attempted to sign him but...

He stinks of a terrible attitude who think's he is much better than he is. He's living off that 1 goal against Barca. 

then the article when he was meant to be helping promote the Scottish Cup...!

Sammon while no world beater is still a player I'd prefer over Watt. 

On 11/08/2017 at 14:38, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

For me he would of been the worst of the lot - I know you're not saying we should of attempted to sign him but...

He stinks of a terrible attitude who think's he is much better than he is. He's living off that 1 goal against Barca. 

then the article when he was meant to be helping promote the Scottish Cup...!

Sammon while no world beater is still a player I'd prefer over Watt. 

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

To answer your original question.

No, I dont mind that time I said I'd prefer Sammon. 

Although opinion has certainly changed. Even if we hadn't signed Watt, Sammon was stinking last season!! I did think you were referring to like 6 weeks ago when I questioned his alleged attitude. How the f**k do you remember that, if i didnt? Old age does that to the mind I guess? :whistle

Worries me how many other posts I've put on here, steamin' or not that I've absolutely no recollection of... time to forum retire!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Although opinion has certainly changed. Even if we hadn't signed Watt, Sammon was stinking last season!! I did think you were referring to like 6 weeks ago when I questioned his alleged attitude. How the f**k do you remember that, if i didnt? Old age does that to the mind I guess? :whistle

Worries me how many other posts I've put on here, steamin' or not that I've absolutely no recollection of... time to forum retire!

Was sure someone had claimed hed scored zero this season, so searched his name to quote them, your post popped up and was interesting, nothing more than that. Completely forgot we were linked with him back then too.

Great response Mr+
Not many admit their error even when confronted with proof, which Randoom will always go to great lengths to provide :)

Along the lines of the post @Mr Positive, sometimes. has had highlighted, which players have you got it wrong about down the years?

I remember being fairly disgusted when we signed Kenny Deuchar from Gretna the first time and he went on to score 8 goals in 14 games. Not so much on ability, but I certainly wouldn't have been alone in questioning why we were signing Steven MacLean in 2012 when we already had about six strikers. Even in his first season though, I thought he was underwhelming.

Sheerin, Anderson and MacLean. Doubt Anderson needs much explanation. Sheerin didn't influence many games early on until he had a few "enforcers" beside him too. MacLean's habit of dropping deep during a period when we we're struggling to score infuriated me at the time. Had Tade, Vine and Hasselbaink already at the time IIRC too.

Edit - didn't really write him off as such but I remember a Mannus vs Enkleman debate when Mannus first got the no.1 shirt.

Well done on your cup win today, Do you think Tommy Wright could loan us a couple of players like he has in the past likes of  Clark, Kerr & Kane. This would def benifit  Queens as we are short of players and players coming in loan to Queens have always done well here and returned to play a big part in St Johnstone's first team. 

Well done on your cup win today, Do you think Tommy Wright could loan us a couple of players like he has in the past likes of  Clark, Kerr & Kane. This would def benifit  Queens as we are short of players and players coming in loan to Queens have always done well here and returned to play a big part in St Johnstone's first team. 
Firstly, well done getting this into the correct thread.

Secondly, Wright's been talking a about Callum Hendry going out this week and from a saints point of view you'd hope championship clubs would be interested. Comrie, Ali McCann and Kyle McLean would be the other players likely to be loaned out at that level but all of them probably rest on cover coming in at full back and centre midfield.

5 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Doubt it. Don't think he's far off fitness. Assuming Hendry is off on loan, that leaves only Watt, McMillan and Kane as senior strikers in the squad.

Oh well Hendry it is then..... Please.