Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You know, I know you know, i also know and if i know, almost every c**t knows.

Does that mean, since I dont know, that I'm not a c**t?

A striker of the standard that Drey Wright and Matt Kennedy are in their respective positions would be brilliant.

If the rumours are accurate, that Shaughnessy, Alston, Watt and McMillan won't be with us next season, then that's 12 goals out of the 34 we've managed in the league taken away.   One good quality striker could manage that in a season you'd hope. 

A striker, a centre midfielder and a full back but all of first team starter quality.  Ando back as cover, or for when we go to a back three.  A back up goalie on a lower wage if the young lad (Sinclair?) isn't considered ready to be no 2.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:
55 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
French you say?  Are we going back in for Romain Habran?
> unfinished business

As I said about 18 months ago and subsequently mocked, but we have a contact or two in France who are recommending players to SJFC. Whether we take them is another matter.

Was it not fans from other clubs who were mocking?

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was it not fans from other clubs who were mocking?

Tbf I think I jamp in with both feet aswell.

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

for every Drey Wright there is a Cleveland Taylor and a Michael Coulson...

There’s also a Scott Tanser and a Matty Kennedy. 3/5 isn’t a bad success ratio in recent years. Well just ignore some of the loanee diddies as they would be inconvenient for my argument. 

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
As I said about 18 months ago and subsequently mocked, but we have a contact or two in France who are recommending players to SJFC. Whether we take them is another matter.

Who are the contacts in France and have they been used yet ?

A Saints fan from Perth who's now an agent over there. He's recommended a few players, with a couple that come over on trial. Romain Habran and the ex Real Madrid guy who played for Killie after we said he wasn't fit enough are two who stand out. 

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:
A Saints fan from Perth who's now an agent over there. He's recommended a few players, with a couple that come over on trial. Romain Habran and the ex Real Madrid guy who played for Killie after we said he wasn't fit enough are two who stand out. 

Ah that's pretty teckle. I'm presuming being an agent we would know the name of said person?

f**k knows, he contacted the club as he's a fan. Folk on here are bound to know him.

By folk I really mean Radford and Perthsaint, not Kyle or Widge or TRS , they know nothing.

Edited by tree house tam

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

TBF current scouting set up had nowt to do with Taylor and coulson so 3/3 for me

Did they have anything to do with Willock/Williams?

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

TBF current scouting set up had nowt to do with Taylor and coulson so 3/3 for me

Whoever it is has a good eye for a player. The comments made by Port Vale fans about Tanser were scathing but he looked like he had a bit about him when he arrived and he’s done well for us over the last 18 months or so. Hardly missed a game and has bulked up a bit too - could definitely see him playing at a decent level in England. 

Also surprised a bigger fish in England didn’t pay the compensation for Wright. If Gwion Edwards is worth a six figure fee and a place in a championship squad, Wright definitely is.