Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I am confused, I know it does not take much.

Striker Stevie May's move to St Johnstone from Aberdeen appears to have collapsed, opening the door to both Dundee and St Mirren as they pursue the 26-year-old. (The Courier)

It states his move from Aberdeen, is Stevie May still an Aberdeen player? 

He is still listed as a squad member on their official web site.

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

RandomGuy you are torturing yourself. 

I've been trying to find a use for that gif for years 😂

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1357.jpg

It’s happening, @RandomGuy.!

Dont involve me 😂 from here on out I'm staying out all this, end up just spreading rumours around that end up being shite, even when it comes from people I expected to trust.

As posted on WAP!

News from a NHS Tayside employee yesterday has said that, it May not be the best move for Steve! The hysteria being shown on social Media (Especially one poster on WAP??) has Steve thinking he May not be able to carry the burden at Saints.

Looks like he Shat the bed when he read WAP on Tuesday night!   

20 hours ago, Templar said:

MOH will be like a fish out of water against the Celtic central defenders. He can't jump and can't hold on to the ball. He needs to be on the wing and I almost forgot he can;t get a shoot on target as the last game proved. So why would you play him up front?

He'll be about the quickest player on the park and provides a threat from thru balls and balls over the top. We'll be defending most of the game, so counter attacks might be our biggest hope.

I prefer MOH wide generally, but for certain matches playing him up front makes good sense.  There's more to playing up front than heading and holding the ball up, as important as those skills are.

His finishing has been poor in pre-season, but he's usually a decent finisher. A lot of the chances he's had, he's created himself by driving at players.  He's probably had the most shots out of any of our players in the three matches so far, albeit he hasn't been converting.

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

May isn't being held captive and forced to work slave labour for a pittance. He's a big boy, if he was happy he could have signed the deal. This witch hunt for Vine is embarrassing. 

Agree Dele, However Vine is an absolute Rocket and c**t, The word on the street is he is staying up here now?? is looking increasingly like tramp? and his own agent was a rather high profile in the news failed Glasgow boxer/promoter and allegedly fraudster ! 

I would not trust him as far as I could throw him!

So no witch hunt from me but it is all rather suspicious the whole Vine involvement to be honest I have said before I do not think Vine is a registered agent??/      

33 minutes ago, Dele said:

May isn't being held captive and forced to work slave labour for a pittance. He's a big boy, if he was happy he could have signed the deal. This witch hunt for Vine is embarrassing. 

Vine doesnt have a good reputation with Saints fans, May's a hero, and the overwhelming story going about is that it was the players side of things that broke things down.

Rightly or wrongly we're all naturally, subconsciously, going to blame Vine for that more than May.

I've no idea how genuine the club are being when they say the deals dead and they've moved on tbh, but I guess itll be like the Shaughnessy situation, where itll be up to May/Vine to come back to the club to restart things.

2 hours ago, Center half said:

As posted on WAP!

News from a NHS Tayside employee yesterday has said that, it May not be the best move for Steve! The hysteria being shown on social Media (Especially one poster on WAP??) has Steve thinking he May not be able to carry the burden at Saints.

Looks like he Shat the bed when he read WAP on Tuesday night!   

One of the worst posts on the whole thread. 

f**k wap

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Guess "The Defender" isnt gonna save us all on his own

He only met everyone yesterday, probably had, at most, two training sessions with the squad, and now hes chucked into a team with a second choice GK and RB.

17 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Wasn't being serious, just trying to sow the nickname

You might not be, but Twitter/WAP have us relegated having picked up zero points.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You might not be, but Twitter/WAP have us relegated having picked up zero points.

Do you think we've had a good pre-season? Throwing in the towel doesn't help anyone but neither does ignoring what has been a pretty disastrous month.

The positive is Steve Brown is sitting watching this and anyone with even the smallest grasp of football can see we are so short up front. Hendry is not good enough (yet).

Just now, Radford said:

Do you think we've had a good pre-season? Throwing in the towel doesn't help anyone but neither does ignoring what has been a pretty disastrous month.

The positive is Steve Brown is sitting watching this and anyone with even the smallest grasp of football can see we are so short up front. Hendry is not good enough (yet).

I think to be fair to Brown (I know!) surely he's  very well aware that we need 2 strikers and will have been for a considerable time. The problem may be the market, the budget, who knows?

What I find quite annoying is how late we're leaving all this. That's not me being a doom-merchant, but as RG points out it's nonsense having a centre back starting in a competitive game less than 48 hours after he stepped of the plane. Even if we signed players tomorrow, there're not going to get a chance to play with the team before the season opener. The May deal falling through won't have helped but who doesn't have a backup?

There's a lot more to competent management than being able to count pennies, and from what I can see Brown only seems to know one way to run a business and it doesn't give the impression that he is particularly ambitious for the club. Let's see where we are by Christmas, but feeling quite grumpy about this pre-season.