Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Someone on WAP has suggested we "take a risk" and sack TW. He wants to replace him with an "upcoming manager starting to make his way in the game, who's team is on the up and had a thumping win today".

This managers name...

Spoiler

...Barry Ferguson 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Happy clapping c**t. Get your out out the sand 

Dick Van Dyke on Wednesday after strong side beats lower league side 4-0: silence

Dick Van Dyke after weakened side loses to lower league side: WE'RE DOOMED SHEEPLE, OPEN YOUR EYES!

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone on WAP has suggested we "take a risk" and sack TW. He wants to replace him with an "upcoming manager starting to make his way in the game, who's team is on the up and had a thumping win today".

This managers name...

Hide contents

...Barry Ferguson 😂😂😂😂

Please let this happen 😂

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dick Van Dyke on Wednesday after strong side beats lower league side 4-0: silence

Dick Van Dyke after weakened side loses to lower league side: WE'RE DOOMED SHEEPLE, OPEN YOUR EYES!

Are you happy with the way things are going? 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

Are you happy with the way things are going? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, but I didn't think we had a good Betfred Group stage last season either. 

I was at Montrose last year and it was fairly uninspiring, but Watt snaffled a goal from a half chance then they hit the bar with a wonder strike. This season we conceded a wonder strike and nobody took any half chances. Last season the top seeds, Falkirk, got relegated from the Championship, yet it took one quality moment to separate the two sides in the end, in another uninspiring game. This year our game against the top seeds was far harder, and yet once again it was a case of us missing half chances while County didn't that separated the teams.

I've no idea how the performance is today, but, IMO, only Kerr, Tanser, Craig and Kennedy from that 11 make our strongest line up, while the manager made it clear he wasnt overly bothered about the game.

I'm not impressed, but I'm also not convinced it signals some dire season ahead of us, but a lot rests on getting a striker.

In fairness RG, the ‘weakened’ side should still be beating opposition two divisions below. This is young players people have said deserve a chance to stake a claim, particularly the two in CM today. If they aren’t good enough today then how can we expect them displace Craig or Davidson if an injury occurs. Same applies to Duffy and Parish. They’re either good enough or they’re not. Tommy has done a wonderful job at Saints. Absolutely no doubting that. And he will go down as one of, if not our best. But he shouldn’t (and the team) be immune to criticism when it is clearly merited. My point remains that I’m not sure if it’s purely him or whether he hasn’t had the backing on signings. Regardless we need new impetuous in the squad, sooner rather than later.

We are where we are, we could've and should've had a striker in, I know we will bring one, possibly 2 in. Am I worried? Nowhere near it.

We no doubt will. Will they be first choice at this late stage? Absolutely not. And has our record of strikers in recent years been good enough? Absolutely not. There’s definitely cause for worry in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

In fairness RG, the ‘weakened’ side should still be beating opposition two divisions below. This is young players people have said deserve a chance to stake a claim, particularly the two in CM today. If they aren’t good enough today then how can we expect them displace Craig or Davidson if an injury occurs. Same applies to Duffy and Parish. They’re either good enough or they’re not. Tommy has done a wonderful job at Saints. Absolutely no doubting that. And he will go down as one of, if not our best. But he shouldn’t (and the team) be immune to criticism when it is clearly merited. My point remains that I’m not sure if it’s purely him or whether he hasn’t had the backing on signings. Regardless we need new impetuous in the squad, sooner rather than later.

I'm of the opinion games at this stage of the season, even against lower league sides, come down to small moments. We know Montrose and Forfar are hard working well drilled sides.

Having no striker of quality is the screaming issue. Solve that and it'll give us a far higher chance to take the lead in games, and then extend it, as it is, we're not able to do that and so the defence is constantly having to be perfect. I fully expect to hear that Forfar were able to just sit in today while we huff and puff hoping Swanson/Kennedy could produce something against a stacked defence.

Very disappointing today but, as was said, nowhere near our first team. Not seen a huge amount of them but McCann and Maclean don’t look ready to be near our starting 11. Callaghan improved us when he came on and I don’t really understand the stick he takes.

Hendry was awful today, didn’t win a header the whole game, constantly on his heels and is bullied by defenders. Kerr’s form is a major worry as well, his passing was poor and seems to either stand off or get too tight. The new guy did alright but it will take him a while to get up to speed.

Not even close to panicking though and some of the reactions are ridiculous. We will still bring some players in and I don’t reckon the May deal is dead yet.

I’m seriously concerned for our prospects next season tbh. Our results in the cup have been absolutely dreadful and there’s no reason to believe, at this moment in time if things stay the same, that we would be in a relegation fight next season. I trust Tommy to turn things around but right now this is not good.

32 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

Very disappointing today but, as was said, nowhere near our first team. Not seen a huge amount of them but McCann and Maclean don’t look ready to be near our starting 11. Callaghan improved us when he came on and I don’t really understand the stick he takes.

Hendry was awful today, didn’t win a header the whole game, constantly on his heels and is bullied by defenders. Kerr’s form is a major worry as well, his passing was poor and seems to either stand off or get too tight. The new guy did alright but it will take him a while to get up to speed.

Not even close to panicking though and some of the reactions are ridiculous. We will still bring some players in and I don’t reckon the May deal is dead yet.

^^^ that's a constructive post, made while pretty disappointed, some folk should take note.