Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

This is definitely going to be the minority view, but I wouldn't mind if Tommy left. He's been incredibly successful, is a club legend and I'm certainly not advocating him being chased, but I wouldn't mind seeing a different style of play at McDiarmid. A bit more excitement wouldn't go  amiss, and getting away from the Paul Paton style of signing would be grand too. I'd love to see us take a few risks in the transfer market and for us to add an enigmatic figure or two to the ranks. 
I can't see him going to rangers and I'll obviously be happy to see him in charge going into next season and beyond. Another first time manager cutting their teeth and trying to impress with the majority of this squad as the backbone of the team would be good fun though. 

Without wanting to insult you too much, but that's similar to something I'd post.

I don't want Wright to leave, you just need to look at the other diddy teams to see how it could go for us: St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Hibernian, Dundee, Inverness CT.

Lets be honest, a change is unlikely to improve us in terms of results and league standing.

I do, however, completely agree with the couple of folk who've mentioned our style of play.  I've rarely come away from McDiarmid this season feeling I'd seen an entertaining game, regardless of result. I didn't feel that last season.

I like our ability to grind out results against difficult opponents like Aberdeen, and in close matches away from home, but I would also like to see us develop a style, particularly at home, which is more enjoyable to watch.

Again, I agree that a signing or two with a bit of individual flair, pace and offering something a bit different would really complement our squad, which is already more than decent.  At the minute we are far too reliant on Swanson, and if he's not on it we struggle to create. I find it a bit frustrating we have £2m in the bank yet could really do with another attacking/ flair player.. it was really disappointing in January that we didn't bring in a forward player to replace Gormley. Why not spend a bit more, surely keeping £1.4m in the bank or whatever is still plenty.

Basically, what I'm saying is I'd like us to keep winning and stay in the top 6, but do it by playing a bit more football.  As if nobody has ever thought of this revolutionary concept before!! :blink:

A list of out of contract championship players would be interesting. Alston, whilst initially not necessarily setting the heather on fire (maybe because we didn't know his best position) has developed into a good steady performer. I'd take another two Alston's in the summer window.

A list of out of contract championship players would be interesting. Alston, whilst initially not necessarily setting the heather on fire (maybe because we didn't know his best position) has developed into a good steady performer. I'd take another two Alston's in the summer window.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC2

Not a great list. Craig Sibbald stands out, but compensation likely ruins any chance. The likes of James Keating are intriguing enough.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC2

Not a great list. Craig Sibbald stands out, but compensation likely ruins any chance. The likes of James Keating are intriguing enough.

I'd take Luke Leahy as cover for left back and midfield. I'd also probably take Chris Humphreys on the assumption he's still absolutely rapid and can provide much needed pace in our team.

See Swanson's in the media today mewling about a new contract, and how he'll be talking to other clubs before too long.

At least it means he wants to stay (if the price is right). If he didn't he'd be looking elsewhere already.

9 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

If saints give him what he wants them he will be the highest ever paid player in our history. Got admit his performances early season merited that but last few months, I can't say he has done anything to merit a new contract. Can see why saints are delaying

Hmmmm.....

He needs a reality check imo.

If saints give him what he wants then he will be the highest ever paid player in our history. Got to admit his performances early season merited that but last few months, I can't say he has done anything to merit a new contract. Can see why saints are delaying

Wanting more than what May was offered after the cup win?

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

See Swanson's in the media today mewling about a new contract, and how he'll be talking to other clubs before too long.

Perhaps his contract situation would have been less of a nightmare if he hadn't turned down at least two contract offers before Christmas and – according to the chairman at least – wasn't keen to discuss further. My best guess is that he's stirring the nest because he's got a new agent and wants to encourage better offers from elsewhere. Good luck to him, but he's done this to Saints before.

Edited by Mr Heliums

It amuses me just how much Danny Swanson rips the piss out of you lot. Hopefully you tell him to do one and he struggles to get a club with the demands he's making.

He'd be the one crawling back if no-one gave in to his demands.

If he does get a team paying the sort of money you lot are saying he'll likely be at a bigger club as a complete bit part player again.