Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I'd heard Motherwell myself, regardless it seems he's off.

I'd be surprised if we're running about offering PCAs to players just now but given there's the Northern Ireland connection with Robinson as our manager, our new GK coach has worked in their set-up (though at youth levels) as well it wouldn't be a massive shock if we were interested. With Samson's deal being up along with our general woeful defensive performances this season compounded by the look of utter disdain McHugh shot him after we conceded on Saturday I can't imagine that his deal will be renewed so I'd imagine we'll definitely be in the market for a new first choice 'keeper.

I had wondered whether we might be looking at bringing Ripley back given Robinson worked with him here, took him to Oldham and Ripley had said himself in a recent Q&A interview that he'd be open to coming back to Fir Park. He seems a pretty ambitious character though so chances are he'd fancy a crack at first team football with 'Boro in the Championship, I can't see Valdes sticking around with them.

In terms of joining the dots though Mannus seems like a pretty obvious option for us.

What do you think will happen?

I think he will stay with us. His last deal I'm sure was two years plus one additional year option. He will probably trigger that now he is back in the team with zander carrying an injury . Just my opinion before random seems to think other wise !

If you can show me where in that article it explains they made a profit, then that would be great.

The "success" is the size of the crowd, and the chairman admits theyre still working out the money but those who paid extra will be balanced out by those who paid under.

18 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you can show me where in that article it explains they made a profit, then that would be great.

The "success" is the size of the crowd, and the chairman admits theyre still working out the money but those who paid extra will be balanced out by those who paid under.

If you can Show us where in that article it explains they made a loss that would be great Bawb.

If you can Show us where in that article it explains they made a loss that would be great Bawb.

Is the fact the chairman makes the point its not financially viable for them to continue doing it not enough for you?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is the fact the chairman makes the point its not financially viable for them to continue doing it not enough for you?

It would be enough if he said that.  But he didn't.  Not in that article.  Cheers anyway Bawb.

It would be enough if he said that.  But he didn't.  Not in that article.  Cheers anyway Bawb.

"Will we repeat the exercise? It is something we would consider but we must not lose sight of the base costs at the club"

Is him saying it's not financially viable. I thought someone with your attention to detail would pick up on that.

"Will we repeat the exercise? It is something we would consider but we must not lose sight of the base costs at the club"

Is him saying it's not financially viable. I thought someone with your attention to detail would pick up on that.

There's a difference between doing something once and doing something every week.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not often you're right Bawb.  But you're wrong again.

Being as he says in the article "In terms of revenue taken we are still working through the numbers...." how could have decided whether or not it's financially viable? 

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

FCU reporting that they've been closed down.

Fight the power!

This was always ending one way. Let the faux outrage commence :lol: 

Edited by Kyle

Some adult St. Johnstone fans will NOT be renewing their season tickets because of this. I'm fully in agreement with them. The team is doing extremely well, but a bunch of snotty-nosed neds have just been banned. A line has been crossed. f**k you, Steve Brown. f**k you.

Why have they been banned?

The ones who go to the away games, primarily, have been on thin ice for some time due to more than one incident. Some had already been banned. I can only assume they were the ones involved in the pre-match incident on Saturday that led to "several arrests".

Idiotic.

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

The ones who go to the away games, primarily, have been on thin ice for some time due to more than one incident. Some had already been banned. I can only assume they were the ones involved in the pre-match incident on Saturday that led to "several arrests".

Idiotic.

Seems fair if they've been warned before, certainly a few times