Group E

Smurph

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Still class this as a game we need to win, in order for us to be seeded for the next round.

Thought Pogba looked great on Tuesday night and think we should start him again tomorrow. Hopefully Cerny is fit enough to start so that he gets some game time before ICT next week. Otherwise, I can see us starting with Wilson, and would quite like to see Penrice get some competitive action as well. Nisbet looked very decent when he came on on Tuesday night as well and was unlucky not to score, so wouldn't be too averse to seeing him get some game time.

2-0 Thistle.

Wouldn't change much, the only outfield players that have started all 3 games so far are Gordon, Booth, Lindsay, and Lawless. Apart from maybe Penrice for Booth we don't have enough players to rotate any other defenders, and Erskine back in for Lawless seems obvious enough, I'd keep Cerny for another week to make sure.

QP look a bit better than Stenny but if we play like we did in the first half on Tuesday we should win.

Looking forward to a great wee day out and hopefully the sun will be shining so that I can wear my shorts.

We are better than Stenny, by the way, and I fancy us to run Thistle close.  The guys seemed up for it against Airdrie and a lot of them are still fighting for their places.  The defence looks OK, but Miller needs more support from his midfield chums and I'm looking forward to seeing how Malone does up front.  He's improving with every game and his spectacular goal on his Hampden debut will have given his confidence a wee boost.  I'd expect Galt and McPherson to get a runout at some as both have impressed me so far.

Wouldn't change much, the only outfield players that have started all 3 games so far are Gordon, Booth, Lindsay, and Lawless. Apart from maybe Penrice for Booth we don't have enough players to rotate any other defenders, and Erskine back in for Lawless seems obvious enough, I'd keep Cerny for another week to make sure.

QP look a bit better than Stenny but if we play like we did in the first half on Tuesday we should win.

Devine could return at the expense of lindsay to give him a shot at playing centrally with ziggy

2 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Excuse my ignorance but is Gus still mad for creating dull as shit football?

Not at League 2 level. Absolute f**k all dull about our promotion last season. This season the Gus Bus might be parked a bit more in certain games.

Really hope it's a draw tomorrow so we can have a totally meaningless penalty shoot out for a totally meaningless bonus point    

Nothing at stake tomorrow so hope we have a go. Games against Thistle tend to be entertaining so if we are to lose by two goals as some predict then I'd rather it was 5-3 than 2-0.

55 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Could be mistaken, but I'm sure the last time we played Queens Park at Firhill (season 00/01) the attendance was over 5000:blink:

Those were the last league matches at Firhill, crowds were 4,035 and 2,852. We were also pumped 5-0 at Firhill in the Challenge Cup in 2001/02: http://www.qpfc.com/matchdetails/2001_02/pth2.htm

45 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Did we not beat them 2-0 at home in about 2007?

Yes, 2-1 in the Challenge Cup, Thistle were two up nine minutes, but we got a goal back in 17 minutes and that was it: http://www.qpfc.com/matchdetails/2008_09/pth2.htm

I appreciate QP's efforts in humiliating the Gypos over recent seasons but I feel we should win today. 

Apparently we have won our last 12 games in a row vs The Spiders.

Archived