Group D. Alloa, Cove, Montrose, Raith & County

Montrose taking a shoeing I see.[emoji38]

Woeful performance. Best team won. Worst performance from the three games I have watched in the group. Two injuries on Saturday meant Hegarty had to tinker with the team which proved as bad as last term. Lot of work to be done. Shouts also for Hegarty to go was heard also.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Judge said:

Woeful performance. Best team won. Worst performance from the three games I have watched in the group. Two injuries on Saturday meant Hegarty had to tinker with the team which proved as bad as last term. Lot of work to be done. Shouts also for Hegarty to go was heard also.

By the same serial moaner who has been shouting sack the manager for the last 20 years. Probaly best ignored.

By the same serial moaner who has been shouting sack the manager for the last 20 years. Probaly best ignored.

Agreed. It's too early for shouts for any manager to go but he has to get tactics/selections sorted out. Hegarty must stop messing about with defence as last three games looked good defensively. Granted two big injuries have cost us but this resulted in the whole defence changing and three players being out of their preferred position. Few others needed a rest last night but this didn't happen either.

We go to Raith full of confidence nothing to lose a very good test for us one am sure Jack and the players are looking forward to !!!

Should be a decent game. 2 teams that look complete now and both teams are full of confidence.

I reckon we'll edge it though. 2-1 Rovers with Vaughan and M'Voto with the rovers goals. Cawley to get Alloas

So if Alloa get a draw tomorrow they'll already be celebrating winning the group, and will then have to take part in a penalty shoot-out that would only matter to Raith, who will then celebrate in turn if they win that?

Could be a bit odd. I don't mind this new format but I guess it does have the potential to throw up some such strange situations.

Alloa have looked not to bad. Goodwin is bossing it. We've had a couple half chances but not really worked their keeper. I predict a standard 65/70 min like from like sub that makes minimal difference as Alloa win the group.

Poor from us today, Alloa steady and looked comfortable on the ball but certainly not lucky to win.  Their goal was a great pass and a nice finish from Spence. Rovers should have had a penalty for handball (seen the replay on RRTV) but sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't so no point moaning, Overall a fair result a draw would have flattered us today.  Alloa continue to be our bogey team in cup.  Good luck to them in the next round.  

Archived