Group D. Alloa, Cove, Montrose, Raith & County

30 minutes ago, Waspie said:

The shit team did ok against Rangers anyway ;).

Seems 2-2 is a poor reflection on Alloa's first half performance. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Haw, I was trying to be nice!

Anyway, you've gone back in front...hope it stays that way.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Alloa. Three great results.

A draw at Stark's puts Alloa through regardless of the shootout result, however they would guarantee a seeded spot with two or three points, and might even nab it with one. I could be well off the mark but I'd expect a defensive Alloa performance and a frustrating 90 minutes. 

A win for Raith guarantees us the seeded place, with Alloa most likely to join in the next round if they lost by one or two. A draw and a shootout win almost definitely puts us through, a shootout defeat would almost definitely put us out on goal difference.

Given this is the Rovers I expect a confusing, head scratching afternoon.

25 minutes ago, Paco said:

Well done Alloa. Three great results.

A draw at Stark's puts Alloa through regardless of the shootout result, however they would guarantee a seeded spot with two or three points, and might even nab it with one. I could be well off the mark but I'd expect a defensive Alloa performance and a frustrating 90 minutes. 

A win for Raith guarantees us the seeded place, with Alloa most likely to join in the next round if they lost by one or two. A draw and a shootout win almost definitely puts us through, a shootout defeat would almost definitely put us out on goal difference.

Given this is the Rovers I expect a confusing, head scratching afternoon.

I'd be surprised if Alloa play defensively, there are loads of attack minded players in the team this year. Alloa will be going to Starks aiming to win.

Fantastic result tonight and one I was really confident that we'd get. With 9 points and a goal difference of plus 7 we are well placed going into the last game.

I could be well off the mark but I'd expect a defensive Alloa performance and a frustrating 90 minutes. 

I don't think we'll set up defensively. Nothing to lose and we have a lot of attacking midfielders. We'll come to score goals.

Cracking game of football tonight, first half especially which was end to end with four well taken goals and some competitive tackling.

We defended well second half and looked dangerous when we got forward. Flannigan was the best player on the park IMO.

Clever, timely substitutions from Jack Ross with Holmer and Longworth adding composure and experience to turn the game.

Really pleased with the squad this season. Looking at the bench last night and actually having good players on it is encouraging. We played some silky football in the first half and then defended well in the second and looked a menace on the break, Isaac looked good when he came on and was unlucky not to score.

Is Richard Foster still pumping Amy MacDonald? As that must be the only thing he's got going for him as he is shite at football.

Watched the game last night. Would have been a good advert for Scottish football if on TV.

Alloa deserved the win as they could and should have scored another 4 .....at least. Ross County are a strong physical team but lack a deadly creative finisher. Brian Graham needs an accurate pass or header.

Best of luck to Alloa v Raith. JR has got them playing as a team including the subs and for each other. Great spirit.....and results to date!!!!!!

Oh dear after the euphoria of March 13th, the cold hard reality of another defeat at Recreation Park.  I never attended last night but there has been a few sore defeats there over the years.  Good luck to Alloa in the rest of the competition.

County look a mess already.  I have no interest in going to see the game against Cove.  Such an insipid defence of the trophy we won.

Archived