Group D. Alloa, Cove, Montrose, Raith & County

41 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Bolo tackle looked a sore one hope it's not too serious .Who else got injured a left early for a refreshment.

Your number 2 went down unchallenged at the end and was stretchered off. Think he was saying to the physio that he'd snapped his  achilles. Hopefully that's not the case.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't flatter yourselves, neither team deserved to win that game. Poor stuff from both sides. The Raith number 4 was the best player on the park by a country mile. 

I'll need to take your word for it :lol:

It's about time Callachan put in a half decent performance, if true..

45 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Don't flatter yourselves, neither team deserved to win that game. Poor stuff from both sides. The Raith number 4 was the best player on the park by a country mile. 

Barry Wilson reckoned we deserved to win and that,ll do for me.Said the penalty you scored in 90 mins was your only shot on target 

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Barry Wilson reckoned we deserved to win and that,ll do for me.Said the penalty you scored in 90 mins was your only shot on target 

You didn't have any either except for a free kick that didn't trouble Fox. The goal was a fluke OG and you weren't remotely threatening after scoring it. I'm not being pissy because we were really poor, but Raith pretty clearly didn't deserve to win either. 

Plus Barry Wilson hates us and says pish like that all the time. 

Your number 2 went down unchallenged at the end and was stretchered off. Think he was saying to the physio that he'd snapped his  achilles. Hopefully that's not the case.

Hope that proves to be not be the case. Only returned to club couple of weeks ago and been building up fitness. Would be a blow to team if hegs and bolo are out for any length of time.

No complaints about the result, plenty about that referee though.

Disappointing afternoon became downright depressing with the two injuries at the end. Optimism-o-meter has taken a big dip today.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

You didn't have any either except for a free kick that didn't trouble Fox. The goal was a fluke OG and you weren't remotely threatening after scoring it. I'm not being pissy because we were really poor, but Raith pretty clearly didn't deserve to win either. 

Barry Wilson doesn't hate County.

McManus had a great chance 1v1 on Fox in the first half, which the keeper did well to block.  He was through on goal in the second half and shanked his shot with Fox putting him off again.  Rovers had quite a few shots on target and turned County's defence more than the other way around.  County had a great move in the first half that ended with a Foster free header at the far post that he really should have scored from, but that was the only time County did look like threatening Cuthbert's goal... until Graham's pen, which never should have been because he dived for it, but kind of evens out Mvoto's shove on Gardyne previous to that.

I thought County didn't deserve a draw.  There were probably three or four really good performances on the pitch: McEveley, Barr, Callachan and maybe the Vaughan/McManus together.  Barr's pace and dribbling gave Cikos his hardest game as a County player.  Callachan and Davidson dominated their near-anonymous counterparts, with Callachan showing why McIntyre was previously interested.  Vaughan and McManus dovetailed well, with lots of pace and movement.  Rovers look in much better nick than Killie ever did under Locke.

The biggest positive I take from Ross County's performance was Jay McEveley looking so comfortable at the back.  Maybe he was a little too ambitious with some of his passing but it's good to see him coming out with the ball.  Otherwise Garydne was bright and looked like he could skin McHattie whenever he wanted, but as the team went more direct in the second half we saw less of that.  Boyce was ever so close to making something happen on a number of occasions.  Fox's keeping was solid.

The midfield blend is the big weakness at the moment.  McShane and Woods as a two-man partnership doesn't work: both like to dictate passively and neither are good at putting a tackle in.  McIntyre clearly likes to have that type of player in the team, but the team can't afford to carry two of them in a 4-4-2.  Hopefully today also proves that a proper left winger is needed and using Richard Foster there isn't a permanent solution: I like him as a player for what he brings the team, but technique and fast controlled Barr-type dribbling isn't that.

Bunglebounce felt if we had swapped Foster & Gardyne over we may of kept the excellent Barr quiet interested in your views.

Woods & Lovejoy certainly not the answer Routis looks like the kind of player who will get 15-20 mins at end of a game if you are trying to defend a lead.

Would a more ambitious substitution have been Graham for Foster with Boyce dropping wide maybe Boyce had run out of steam.

I think Gardyne defends and indeed defended well enough, but I know what you're saying.  In this team the wingers track the other team's full-backs and don't 'double up' with a team-mate on another team's winger, like what some other teams do, so it might not have made much difference.

Routis will get a run of games at some point but yeah, I get the impression he will have a lot of cameos like Murdoch last year.  I should also say that he brought more of a presence than Woods and, if we are stuck with what he have for the time being, then Routis + one of the other two would probably give a better blend.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

I think you are.

Although Erik had a fukin mare of a day, I didn't feel the defence or attack really caused too much of an issue. The workload that Jackson gave us in the middle was exposed today as I thought that MacShane failed miserably in the link. Jay was quite impressive, so not too bothered about Davies going altho needs to calm down with the refs(although he was quite shocking). Raith will get play offs again I think. Thought Mcmanus did well, good energy but with Locke's logic, he'll be on the bench when his mate gets clearance

Although Erik had a fukin mare of a day, I didn't feel the defence or attack really caused too much of an issue. The workload that Jackson gave us in the middle was exposed today as I thought that MacShane failed miserably in the link. Jay was quite impressive, so not too bothered about Davies going altho needs to calm down with the refs(although he was quite shocking). Raith will get play offs again I think. Thought Mcmanus did well, good energy but with Locke's logic, he'll be on the bench when his mate gets clearance

His mate?

Best place for him.

Archived