Group F

The_Craig

Very interesting for all the teams - ok realistically between the Well & Rangers.

Annan the only team in the group t lose out from the cash for tv games.Hey Ho - happy wi our lot - 3 Saturday games - local derby wi Stranraer (put a limit on their Committee drinks tho,thirsty lot), wee visit up t the blue sea o Ibrox for their first competitive match o the season; a warm welcome to the Well the following Sat. (Spug & John T. - who u supporting ? ) & then our only visit o the year to commiserate wi the demise o the Shire.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll be banned again by the time the fixtures come round so don't be getting comfy.

Come again?

Joined this as Follow Follow was pretty boring with everyone basically agreeing on everything.

Nae bother, Martin.

;)

The 2003 Scottish Cup QF at Stranraer remains one of my favourite ever away days following Motherwell. If Annan away can even get to a half of that day then it'll be a superb day out. I've never subscribed to the 'summer fitba is the way forward' argument but the prospect of a sunny day down at Annan watching Motherwell really appeals to me.

Fantastic day out. I mentioned this game on the cup thread. It was my first away game where I wasn't "the wean" with my da. Cargo on the bus and shenanigans were order of the day.

Happy enough with the fixtures. Only negative was I was planning to take my wee one to her first well game on the Saturday home game but since it's Rangers, I think we'll pass...

Lifeboat week starts at portpatrick. Area will be heaving. Motherwell brought about 3000 fans in a crowd of 4500 at stair park for that cup tie. Here's a more recent game on our YouTube channel.

There's going to be a lot of talk over the next eight weeks about the potential for trouble given last May and of course the way the recent cup final finished. Indeed, a number of people will be rubbing their hands together hoping that there is some sort of bother so that they can fuel their mock outrage about Rangers all the further.

However I suspect that this fixture will pass without any serious incident as the police presence will be massive and whatever the end result, there will be a wall of yellow around all four stands not seen since Skippy Sunday in 2005...no doubt the nets will make an appearance too.

We got all this talk before last year's playoff about how the Rangers thugs would riot and smash Fir Park and Motherwell town centre up should we beat them and none of that happened, indeed from what I saw the majority of Rangers fans took it well that day and I honestly can't see this one being any different, no matter what the result is.

Ye see MJC ?? BobWilliamson and the big bad Rangers casuals are out for blood !! Run for the hills everyone nobody is safe !!

In my experience, the worst we'll get is a few dirty looks and a reminder about how they are the 'Peepil'.

Oh I won't be spitting on you. That's if you go to the game. I can see there being quite a few empty seats in the home end.

Hopefully a few in the away end as segregation to keep you *** animals at bay from attacking opposition fans again.

Archived