Group F

The_Craig

Rangers fans should know all about empty seats at home games. Some of the games under McCoist were embarrassingly empty, then of course the glory hunters came back with a vengeance which is par for the course when it comes to supporters of the arse cheeks.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did sell out Saturday go? I was there for sell out Sunday.

Rangers have had 35000 season tickets every season except for the boycott season and have already sold 33000 for the upcoming season. We Are The People!!

Looking forward already to Motherwell away. Nice to know so many of our Lanarkshire 'friends' are running scared.

• 3 weeks later...

Where's good for a drink in Motherwell?

If it's just a drink you're after then Jack Daniels,The Windmill or The New Century are all a short walk from the ground.

Can't remember you winning a treble/quadruple. Rewriting history again?

Best leave him alone.

He'd argue water wasn't wet if it got him a wee win at Internet.

On 03/07/2016 at 23:08, The Tedi said:

We went undefeated in the league.  Yet ST`s were 10k down on the previous season before a ball was kicked, it had nothing to do with the football we were playing.

Take it you want Ally back then? 

On 03/07/2016 at 23:08, The Tedi said:

We went undefeated in the league.  Yet ST`s were 10k down on the previous season before a ball was kicked, it had nothing to do with the football we were playing.

Dodgy Shifty Eyed Dave will be well pleased, after all he wants his £20 million back by any means possible. :)

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thoughts on how we're likely to line up for this?  I'd expect only to see Hill and Windass from the new crop:

Foderingham
Tavernier
Wilson
Hill
Wallace

Holt
Halliday
Windass

MOH or Waghorn
Miller
McKay

I completely forgot Michael O'Halloran played for Rangers.  What an underwhelming signing he turned out to be.  

Anyway, for Motherwell, midfield is a worry.  Pearson gone, and Lasley suspended. As I said elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised to see McDonald dropped into midfield three for this one, alongside McHugh and Cadden.  It also appears Moult isn't being risked with his ongoing injury, so would expect Blyth to get the nod over Moore up front.

I'd be inclined to get both Ainsworth and Johnson on the park.  As good as Tavernier and Wallace are at getting forward, they are suspect defensively, IMO.  

Samson;  Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell;  Cadden McHugh McDonald;  Ainsworth Blyth Johnson. 

1-1.  'Well to win on penalties. 

57 minutes ago, Desp said:

I completely forgot Michael O'Halloran played for Rangers.  What an underwhelming signing he turned out to be.  

1-1.  'Well to win on penalties. 

O'Halloran looked out of place last season and he clearly didn't understand the system.  Hopefully a good pre-season will put that to rights.

I'll go for a narrow away win.

6 hours ago, Desp said:

Samson;  Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell;  Cadden McHugh McDonald;  Ainsworth Blyth Johnson. 

Unless we bring in an established midfielder this week that's pretty much the team I'd go with. Though I'd say there's a definite question mark about Heneghan, the pre-season games he's been involved in so far he's seemed to get caught out once or twice (see Cummings leaving him for dead at the weekend there). Having said that Kennedy has looked an absolute bombscare in his outings so far.

By all accounts Blyth has been brought in to give us that "option" up front that we didn't have with Moult, McDonald or Moore so now is his time to shine.

Archived