Edinburgh City

On 16/08/2017 at 06:41, AllyMonc said:

Yeah there's no doubt whatsoever that his presence is a barrier to a lot of people in Edinburgh popping along. This was something I mentioned to the board and was one of the main 'non-moral' reasons that was put up against his signing.

I won't be back, shame on the board and the manager, this was obviously a Jefferies signing and the board backed it and he (sex offender) has been forced on the manager and squad, imo he was being signed no matter what anyone said that is involved at the club, that includes the supporters.

The manager should have had a serious look at himself and thought what might this do to the morale of his squad and more importantly his job, if results don't start improving pretty soon he could find himself out of work, and I'll take a hunch and say if that was to happen then Jefferies will take over from GJ.

On 16/08/2017 at 17:15, footiespy said:

I was not there but bad result last night. However looking at some reports over last couple games things are hopefully coming together. Having tightened up defence we now just need to score goals

What ever happened with Riordan, looked like he was doing well and getting goals and assists when he came in last season, take it City have found a better player to replace him.

What ever happened with Riordan, looked like he was doing well and getting goals and assists when he came in last season, take it City have found a better player to replace him.

I liked Riordan but I think he was always designed to be a short term fix. Ashley Grimes that's been brought in should, and I think will, score more than any City forward from last season.

I liked Deeks as well and would have kept him- he was a good guy to talk to as well despite some past notoriety. He did admit he didn't like playing on artificial surfaces and given that we were going to Ainslie Park and quite a lot of the D2 pitches are artificial perhaps he called it a day. 

Still, scoring the last goal at Meadowbank was a suitable swansong. 

2 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Apologies if I've missed it on here somewhere but what's happenned to Mr Blobby this season. Didn't see him at our game on 5/August. Hope he's OK and best wishes from the Mo.

he said he was just going to watch one season and then watch a season of ice hockey.. if you're missing a rotund pink and yellow creature that talks nonsense I can always introduce you to our assistant kitman... :lol::P

Apologies if I've missed it on here somewhere but what's happenned to Mr Blobby this season. Didn't see him at our game on 5/August. Hope he's OK and best wishes from the Mo.

He jumped the bandwagon then fucked off.

10 hours ago, rw89 said:

Has Sean Mackie been getting game time? He was going through our youth set up before Hibs bought him the season before last. 

Watched him closely last week against us as interested in how he does given his fife connection.

got booked for a petulant foul when he thought he was fouled initially then young Cammy muirhead skinned  him on the left to set up our goal so overall, still a bit of learning to do imo.

Take a deep breath...

Try to think of all those shitey East of Scotland games you saw

Try to think of losing 12 cup finals in a row, mainly to Spartans

Try to think of some of the dross that has disgraced the white shirts over the years 

Doesn't that put everything into perspective.....

NAW!!!! 

seething.jpg.0555158cac8d2c89467671bea516c21d.jpg

42 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Hope we don't lose this weekend.

Excellent comments Ally, I hope the players take note!

We need to get our first points on the board this weekend, don't want to be getting left behind! (Again!)

I saw Elgin in the Betfred cup last month, get beat 6-0 at Dunfermline and they were really poor.

Unfortunately for us, they've improved recently winning their last two games.

If we can play how we did at home to Motherwell we can win this, although the last three leagues we've been poor.

Don't think I've ever seen any player contribute less to a game of football than Grimes today. When did we become a side that just punts it long at every opportunity? Remarkable to have a years worth of experience in the league and become significantly worse.

4 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Don't think I've ever seen any player contribute less to a game of football than Grimes today. When did we become a side that just punts it long at every opportunity? Remarkable to have a years worth of experience in the league and become significantly worse.

Couldn't agree more.  Things looked promising with Grimes in the Berwick and Motherwell games in the League Cup but in the 4 League games he has offered nothing.  Absolutely nothing. He doesn't chase or close down and any time he does try a tackle he fouls the opposition player. 

City have gone backwards since last season.  BBC stats show that in the 4 league games we've had 26 shots at goal of which only 10 were on target.  Only 2.5 shots on goal per game on average.  No wonder we are bottom of the table.  1 goal scored in 4 games.

We've got no clue going forward and now just pump the ball up the pitch hoping that a very young loanee can grab us something. 

Drop Grimes and get Beattie out of defence (the defence is another disaster story) and get him up front.  He may not be fast but at least he'll fight for the ball.

Can't agree more with earlier post. We looked completely lost today. Thought Thompson was harshly dealt with as he st least looked as though he was playing for shirt. Not sure why Caddow was replaced so early especially when it would have been better swapping Moses for Crimes.

Saw Allum and Guthrie talking to a few players and others,  boy how City could do with them. I wonder what they thought? Must be laughing seeing as they have a cracking Irn Bru  tie next week against Linfield at home. Heard some good things about the Spartans team this season. Might think about going see them in this game to see how they play.