Edinburgh City

Great appointment for City. Not just a success on the park with East Fife but he seems to be regarded as sorting out a lot of the off the pitch stuff that was a bit of a shambles at Bayview at the time. If/when Darren Young moves on I'd have taken Gary back in a heart beat.

Good luck to Gary Naysmith.Job he did at East Fife with the Board  verged on incredible.Inherited a debt ridden shambles and won a title  with a budget nowhere near the highest in the league.

Edinburgh City have got themselves a hard working manager who will lift the club to a higher level of professionalism.

4 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Sounds like your club has some long term, joined up planning going on though.

Damn this Scottish League nonsense for turning City into a well run go ahead club. I preferred the old ways:

1480690287_muckingfuddle.jpg.0ada472b24370bcb13b0013827d9a295.jpg

:lol:

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's heartening that he's fondly remembered by EF fans. Sounds like hopefully exciting times... Or at least until the next millionaire backed L2 club pips us to the title 

Get your own millionaire.  Edinburgh is full of rich wankers looking for something to do with their cash.

15 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Get your own millionaire.  Edinburgh is full of rich wankers looking for something to do with their cash.

Unfortunately the millionaire wankers round here tend to favour chasing eggs. More money than sense.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Get 100,000 wankers to chip in a tenner each. Surely you can find 100,000 wankers in Edinburgh?

Usually on a rugby international weekend. I think they come through from the slums of Kelvinside, Hyndland and Bearsden to escape the poverty and religious bigotry for a day. Added wankers can also be found at EH99 1SP.

18 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No, no, those are the councillors and it's other people's cash.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Usually on a rugby international weekend. I think they come through from the slums of Kelvinside, Hyndland and Bearsden to escape the poverty and religious bigotry for a day. Added wankers can also be found at EH99 1SP.

Aye, Glasgow is a better place when the rugby's on.

On 09/03/2021 at 20:04, Scott-Replay said:

Gary Naysmith is your new manager.

Really good man manager that gets the best out of his players, He has lots of friends/contacts in the game and will be able to assemble a good side good luck. 👍 

On 12/03/2021 at 18:53, macclyde+ said:

Did Zac Butterworth get a game for you guys ?

Weve signed him on loan, and I see he was with you last year.

To be honest what with not getting to games, net streamed matches, a break in the season since January and the programme going virtual Lionel Messi, Neymar and Kevin de Bruyne could have been playing for City the last 12 months and it would have passed me by.

I think he got a couple of games early on and was then a sub. 

and so after a three month lay off and about a week's training we're off to Elgin on Saturday, a place that is not exactly a happy hunting ground for City. 

At least the pitch should be like a bowling green after not being played on... 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

and so after a three month lay off and about a week's training we're off to Elgin on Saturday, a place that is not exactly a happy hunting ground for City. 

At least the pitch should be like a bowling green after not being played on... 

Preparations forging ahead as we speak i believe.

Elgin City 2018/19 - Page 28 - Scottish League 2 General Chatter - The Pie  Shop

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

To be honest what with not getting to games, net streamed matches, a break in the season since January and the programme going virtual Lionel Messi, Neymar and Kevin de Bruyne could have been playing for City the last 12 months and it would have passed me by.

I think he got a couple of games early on and was then a sub. 

Cheers Tam 👍