Edinburgh City

18 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Robertson been released by Linfield , rumours drugs involved , decent player too 

Aye the people relying to the statement on Twitter certainly seem to think that!

If it is the case then you wonder if that's his last shot at full-time football? Huge ability and could play at that kind of level I reckon but you only get so many chances.

26 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Aye the people relying to the statement on Twitter certainly seem to think that!

If it is the case then you wonder if that's his last shot at full-time football? Huge ability and could play at that kind of level I reckon but you only get so many chances.

Daft decision from two good players at a young age. Hopefully both learn from it & go on to have decent careers. Mad to do it at a testimonial dinner, muppets.

On 01/11/2023 at 14:05, AllyMonc said:

Where do we think we'll see Robbo play next then? 🤔

After two good performances, City got brought down to Earth with a bump yesterday…

Getting pumped 5-1 was bad enough, but seeing Liam Fontaine subbed on at left wing was the final straw for me 😂

Hopefully a win against Bonnyrigg in the EOS Cup on Wednesday can bring some confidence back…

What a post-match from the gaffer!

Must have been some laugh in the dressing room yesterday. Said to a few others but he must be confident he can bring some replacements in in January as there's clearly a few players he's happy to totally cut off.

Bold stuff!

https://youtu.be/du03y600S6g?si=7IXaww6viXIK5m82

22 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Must have been some laugh in the dressing room yesterday. Said to a few others but he must be confident he can bring some replacements in in January as there's clearly a few players he's happy to totally cut off.

Bold stuff!

Jesus, doesn't mince his words does he. Sounds cold and calculated but immensely confident in his belief, ability and plan.

Certainly brings something different to post match interviews.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I didn't dare turn off that post-match until I'd watched it in its entirety for fear that McIndoe would turn up on my doorstep and ask why I didn't watch it all.

He's an intense character, eh? Praying we don't end up playing you lot in the playoffs so I don't have to do post-match with him. He seems absolutely terrifying :lol:

19 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Bold stuff!

The sort of interview that will come back to bite him. Last place you needed to be coming to this weekend is our place on the back of that car crash

Oofft, for as much as fans love this kind of talk from Managers, they rarely go well.....just ask Steven Maclean. Hope for his sake he has other players already lined up to come in when they can because I suspect a lot of the current squad will down tool further.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Oofft, for as much as fans love this kind of talk from Managers, they rarely go well.....just ask Steven Maclean. Hope for his sake he has other players already lined up to come in when they can because I suspect a lot of the current squad will down tool further.

This is broadly my thoughts on it. In fairness we're bottom of the league so it can't really get any worse in terms of standings! There are a few players in there I'd be fine with not seeing in a City shirt again to be honest.

59 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

This is broadly my thoughts on it. In fairness we're bottom of the league so it can't really get any worse in terms of standings! There are a few players in there I'd be fine with not seeing in a City shirt again to be honest.

In Ian Murray's first training session with us back in 2012/13 (bottom of the league, one win at Christmas) he introduced himself to the players by basically saying 'I don't know who most of you are, and judging by the league position you won't be here very long anyway' :lol:

Granted he didn't say it publicly. And granted he's Ian Murray, the best manager I've seen at us. But every so often a bit of tough love can work obviously. Especially when the outlook is beyond bleak. Not really anything to lose.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

In Ian Murray's first training session with us back in 2012/13 (bottom of the league, one win at Christmas) he introduced himself to the players by basically saying 'I don't know who most of you are, and judging by the league position you won't be here very long anyway' :lol:

Granted he didn't say it publicly. And granted he's Ian Murray, the best manager I've seen at us. But every so often a bit of tough love can work obviously. Especially when the outlook is beyond bleak. Not really anything to lose.

Woaw that is brutally honest but WHAT a job he did with the Sons, Airdrie and is currently doing with Rovers. Hartley likely said that to a few of our summer recruits shortly after he signed them.

Murray's clearly got an eye for recruitment, is astute tactically and can motivate his players. Can't be too many Scottish Managers in his age group that are as esteemed as he is right now. He's due a promotion to add to his managerial CV and you never know might come this season, more likely through the playoffs it's got to be said given the strength of Dundee United. 

22 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's tremendous!