Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Only negative for me is how much we struggle when Shanley has to come off, was really noticeable how quickly the ball came back toward our goal once McLean was subbed on.

I take it Shanley was injured?   Otherwise I was amazed by that substitution! 

Surely Offord was the correct choice to replace Shanley, as at least he's a striker!

Our goal threat disappeared once we went down to 10 men (well, when McLean came on!) so was pleased we saw the game out.

Boys played well though, finally earning a great win.

On 18/11/2023 at 22:30, Tenkay said:

I take it Shanley was injured?   Otherwise I was amazed by that substitution! 

Surely Offord was the correct choice to replace Shanley, as at least he's a striker!

Our goal threat disappeared once we went down to 10 men (well, when McLean came on!) so was pleased we saw the game out.

Boys played well though, finally earning a great win.

Hey big Russell actually headed a ball and controlled it - I was asking about if anyone filmed it for posterity 

57 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Hey big Russell actually headed a ball and controlled it - I was asking about if anyone filmed it for posterity 

It is a bit of a mystery to most of us how Rusty gets game time. I can't recall a City player getting as much stick, so lets hope he can turn it around.

He did have a decent goalscoring record for Peterhead but that was many moons ago. 

1 minute ago, RubyTuesday said:

It is a bit of a mystery to most of us how Rusty gets game time. I can't recall a City player getting as much stick, so lets hope he can turn it around.

He did have a decent goalscoring record for Peterhead but that was many moons ago. 

You could copy and paste that for his time with us too. He'd always caused us problems at Peterhead and Montrose, but aside from the odd flicker here or there (a good cameo against Bonnyrigg and two really well taken goals against Annan and Bonnyrigg) he was a shadow of that player for us. 

I think he was always wildly inconsistent and very much a confidence player. So a bad injury followed by time in a woeful Peterhead team, a Dumbarton team on the slide and then you lot this season has probably crushed that confidence.

19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You could copy and paste that for his time with us too. He'd always caused us problems at Peterhead and Montrose, but aside from the odd flicker here or there he was a shadow of that player for us.

I was aware of his (poor) spell with you last season, and therefore really surprised when I heard we signed him!

Hopefully he starts doing well for us, but at the moment looks about as dangerous as Bambi on Ice.

7 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

So. Scottish cup action this weekend 🥱 and a trip up to Montrose.

Can't say I'll be bothered if we get knocked out, but still, with momentum building a win would be pleasant and hopefully draw a money spinner tie in the next round.

Totally agree - not vital but if we do win and get a big team away then good 

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

So we've at wee journey over to Kelty this weekend.

Last season I'd have expected a win, but this season Kelty seem to have a much better team so this will be a challenge for us to get any points.

scott.jpg.55865a1fd0d0e71e5fd878eda6f2db64.jpg

City fans trekking up Kelty High Street tomorrow... 

I was pondering going but I'm getting too auld for the cauld. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

City fans trekking up Kelty High Street tomorrow... 

I was pondering going but I'm getting too auld for the cauld. 

👍

I know what you're saying! 😃

If we had a better team and were favourites to win, I'd probably brave the cold 🥶 as it's a quick journey home.

However, Kelty are good team this season, so I'm doubtful if it's worth getting hypothermia to go see probably a loss. 🤔

Edited by Tenkay

Not linking to The Sun but story out there now. I found out today and can't really add much.

Only thing I'd say is that the club should have been on the front foot about this and made a statement weeks (months?) ago explaining the financial position, the reasons behind it and started working with the players to come to an agreement and way forward rather than letting it break in the f**king Sun after the players went to the PFA or whatever.

I've told the club there needs to be a statement tonight outlining things or at least acknowledging what's happened.

Absolutely grim.

36 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Think everyone saw this coming after your previous boards comments about a year ago when you were sitting second.

The new guys come and but can't leverage the money they thought they could and end up in the same position as the previous guys.

Aye, there's a long list of men convinced they could make more money in Scottish football than the previous guy.