Edinburgh City

4 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Suspect we won't get any update from the licencing meeting today (considering it's half 5 and the Scotland game is on in a bit). 

No word from the club either, looks like this will drag into next week which is incredibly frustrating.

Christ.

No news is good news. 

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

No news is good news. 

Hope for your sake you are correct. Another interpretation might be that if bronze licences were being awarded all that was required was a straightforward update to a few cells in a spreadsheet, a minute’s work, so why not publish on the day? But if not, then clearly ramifications for the SPFL, so delay publication until they have all their ducks in a row?

My guess is City persuaded the SPFL/SFA that they will have all the boxes ticked by the July 1st deadline, and until it happens it's better for both sides to stay silent. No doubt plan B has been worked out. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Hope for your sake you are correct. Another interpretation might be that if bronze licences were being awarded all that was required was a straightforward update to a few cells in a spreadsheet, a minute’s work, so why not publish on the day? But if not, then clearly ramifications for the SPFL, so delay publication until they have all their ducks in a row?

If its a minute's work every couple of months, it sounds like any person involved would have other things to be getting on with. If only they knew the importance of a PDF tucked away on the SFA website to those online.

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If a Bronze licence has been awarded, the club would surely be shouting about this, no?

You would think so, and if it hadn't they would also be shouting about it

On 04/06/2024 at 23:43, tamthebam said:

Probably a penalty against.. 

Anyway we'll have a team out against Motherwell: 

1 T. Rialist

2 A Newman

3 A Nother

4 Hugh Zee

5 Arin Ger

6 Soo Dynom

7 John Doe

8 No Hym 

9 Watt Zisname

10 Ken Itsomeotherguy

11 Izzy Thatguy

I think I remember an Albion Rovers lineup in the early 70s that contained the players Trialist, Junior and Newman.

According to the SPFL website the new season's fixtures are out before 1st July... 

I'll presume THE OTHER CLUBS that didn't have a Bronze licence are similarly sorted out. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

According to the SPFL website the new season's fixtures are out before 1st July... 

I'll presume THE OTHER CLUBS that didn't have a Bronze licence are similarly sorted out. 

It’s only Kelty who don’t have their Bronze aside from City.

1 hour ago, Hammyton said:

A big enough points deduction to ensure they effectively finish bottom is what I believe will happen.

We've just had a season like that. Honestly couldn't stomach another one!

Shite idea!

22 hours ago, Hammyton said:

A big enough points deduction to ensure they effectively finish bottom is what I believe will happen.

But then that allows them to play another season without a Bronze licence because, if I were EC, I wouldn't bother after that as relegation to the LL would be almost certain.

SPFL rule D3 In the event that any Club, in the opinion of the Board in its absolute discretion, shall or if it were to participate in the League in any Season would, fail to fully comply with the Membership Criteria and no waiver, relaxation or period of grace is or has been granted to that Club in terms of Rule D6, such Club shall, subject that it may not be expelled from the League unless by Qualified Resolution at a General Meeting, be subject to such sanction or sanctions and such action shall be taken as the Board, may, in its absolute discretion, determine.

D6 The Board may in its absolute discretion waive, relax or grant a period of grace in respect of any Club's or Candidate Club’s requirement to comply with any part of the Membership Criteria...

So basically with no Bronze licence in place before 1 July (presumably) then it's up to the SPFL Board to decide what happens to Edinburgh City?

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

But then that allows them to play another season without a Bronze licence because, if I were EC, I wouldn't bother after that as relegation to the LL would be almost certain.

But another season's prize money and a guaranteed place in the Lowland League in 2025/26 versus what - resignation with no guarantee of a place in a league for the new season?

23 hours ago, Hammyton said:

I suspect this may be what the other 9 teams in the division will be privately hoping for. 

I've asked the club to provide a statement as I can understand why people are jumping to the conclusions they are but I think there is better news than appears.

The club have basically mothballed social media (no kit, season tickets etc) but expect to see that change over the coming days which is hopefully a positive sign.

31 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I suspect this may be what the other 9 teams in the division will be privately hoping for. 

You would think they would want City there next season could be everyone's get out of jail card.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

But another season's prize money and a guaranteed place in the Lowland League in 2025/26 versus what - resignation with no guarantee of a place in a league for the new season?

And a parachute payment should that happen. Although they’d probably beat the Chickenman’s bottlers in the playoff anyway.