Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

? As far as I'm aware they haven't had derogation, entry is fine for league 1 for this season 

All clubs in the SPFL who hold Entry level licences received derogation until 1st July 2024 to achieve Bronze.

16 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

All clubs in the SPFL who hold Entry level licences received derogation until 1st July 2024 to achieve Bronze.

From 31st march 24,  so 3 months longer and it still requires everything to be in place by the time its actually needed. 

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The whole annoying thing is that three spivs have managed to piss 30 years of fan led progress, from a dog shit laden roped off pitch when I first started watching them to promotion to the Scottish League, down the shitter. Let that be a warning to you all. 

How did said 'spivs' gain control of the club from the fans? 

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

How did said 'spivs' gain control of the club from the fans? 

In the same way as Bill Hunter took over Meadowbank. There was a share issue which they said was needed when we got in the Scottish League and no shares were made available to the general fanbase (I don't have any). Previous to that people just joined the committee at AGM.  

How many Greenock Morton shares do you own? 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

In the same way as Bill Hunter took over Meadowbank. There was a share issue which they said was needed when we got in the Scottish League and no shares were made available to the general fanbase (I don't have any). Previous to that people just joined the committee at AGM.  

How many Greenock Morton shares do you own? 

How did they get into a position to carry out a share issue and execute it to their own advantage? 

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The SPFL will make a balls up of things if City are kicked out as the Lowland League and East of Scotland League membership deadlines have passed. It's almost as if they are blissfully ignorant of the pyramid set up. 

It wouldn't be the end for City as it's hard to kill a club off but it might mean watching the Under 20s League for a season and restarting at the bottom of the EOSL.

Unless the Borders Amateur League want us... :whistle

The whole annoying thing is that three spivs have managed to piss 30 years of fan led progress, from a dog shit laden roped off pitch when I first started watching them to promotion to the Scottish League, down the shitter. Let that be a warning to you all. 

The people "making a balls up of things" would be Edinburgh City, who have failed to meet the criteria to play in the league. If City know they aren't going to make it then they could resign now and apply to another league rather than dragging things out. If they think they are going to make it, that would imply they are close and that they may be granted derogation assuming they applied for it.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

How did they get into a position to carry out a share issue and execute it to their own advantage? 

Because unlike Morton we didn't have any fans or volunteers. 

I was at the AGM when Jim Brown was elected Chair. I was the only non-board member there. 

And how many shares do you possess in Morton- just a general question because I remember the protests against Hugh Scott (who also had Bill Hunter on the Morton board). 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The people "making a balls up of things" would be Edinburgh City, who have failed to meet the criteria to play in the league. If City know they aren't going to make it then they could resign now and apply to another league rather than dragging things out. If they think they are going to make it, that would imply they are close and that they may be granted derogation assuming they applied for it.

And when Fleeting, Moffat and Chadwick had taken over from the previous Killie board in the 1990s and found that the accounts hadn't been kept properly, things were a mess, and there were now 3 weeks to sort things out before Killie were expelled, what would you have thought? 

Why did Airdrie not have a Bronze licence up to now, given they were a play off away from the Premier Division? 

Why did Cove and Kelty not have Bronze licences up until now given that they were were better funded than City? Cove were in the Championship with an Entry Licence. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

And when Fleeting, Moffat and Chadwick had taken over from the previous Killie board in the 1990s and found that the accounts hadn't been kept properly, things were a mess, and there were now 3 weeks to sort things out before Killie were expelled, what would you have thought? 

Why did Airdrie not have a Bronze licence up to now, given they were a play off away from the Premier Division? 

Why did Cove and Kelty not have Bronze licences up until now given that they were were better funded than City? Cove were in the Championship with an Entry Licence.

I wouldn't have thought anything about it given that it was 34 years ago and I was 5 months old.

Those other clubs didn't need a Bronze license and then got one when they needed one (Kelty aside so far, though they seem further along). This shouldn't have come as a surprise to City, they've had a year to get themselves ready.

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Because unlike Morton we didn't have any fans or volunteers. 

I was at the AGM when Jim Brown was elected Chair. I was the only non-board member there. 

But in you original post you claimed that:

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

So... what happened? It can't be the fans' responsibility for building the club up, but then all of a sudden some bad guys come in, do all the damage and run away. The questions I'm asking about the specifics of EC's recent history are genuine rather than attempted sniders: because there's a clear disconnect between your opening narrative and the sequence of events set out. At some point responsibility was consciously abdicated to outsiders - that's a key lesson that applies as much to EC's own fanbase as to the rest of Scottish football. 

And how many shares do you possess in Morton- just a general question because I remember the protests against Hugh Scott (who also had Bill Hunter on the Morton board). 

I've never owned shares personally but subscribe to the collective organisation (MCT) that now owns the vast majority. The bulk of private shares were actually watered down by new share issues under the Raes. They saved the club from the most toxic legacy of Scott's ownership, built up their own dominant position - only to then dig the club into a deeper and deeper hole through their own incompetence. The Supporters' Trust were supine enablers of that and so were fatally discredited too.

We're very, very fortunate that a successor fan organisation was set up just in time for the Rae family's desperation to deal and get out - with fan pushback on their original, ground-flogging to get their money back proposal leading to it being rejected too.  All three factors were crucial to us establishing a stable position right now - but it won't remain that way without continuous hard work. 

On 26/05/2024 at 10:44, parsforlife said:

From 31st march 24,  so 3 months longer and it still requires everything to be in place by the time its actually needed. 

The Bronze requirement was passed in July last year.

The one thing that I always wonder about (and applies to any club who has money pumped into them for a period that puts them at a level that would be otherwise unsustainable) is did the fans question it or feel uncomfortable at the time when the good times were rolling and money was seemingly plentiful?

I suspect the answer was ‘no’, you would just have gone with the flow and enjoyed it. Perhaps why sympathy is lacking a bit now?

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The one thing that I always wonder about (and applies to any club who has money pumped into them for a period that puts them at a level that would be otherwise unsustainable) is did the fans question it or feel uncomfortable at the time when the good times were rolling and money was seemingly plentiful?

I suspect the answer was ‘no’, you would just have gone with the flow and enjoyed it. Perhaps why sympathy is lacking a bit now?

At least if Edinburgh do get kicked out they won't be replaced by a side like you've described...

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

At least if Edinburgh do get kicked out they won't be replaced by a side like you've described...

That team’s supply of funds seems to be limitless by all accounts, and no sign of disappearing according to their fans.

35 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Image result for the big hoose must stay open

Three guesses how this guy felt

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I boycotted them for a season when they changed the name. 

In my time the following clubs have been in financial soapy bubble and have had to be rescued by the fans/sympathetic rich people:

Airdriedonians (died and reformed), Hamilton Accies, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Morton, Celtic, Rangers (see their cousins Airdriedonians), Clydebank (who I saw play in the Premier Division), Motherwell, Livingston (several times), Hibernian, Heart of Midlothian, Dundee, Raith Rovers, Gretna and others I've forgotten about. 

Inverness CT might be the next one. 

You probably think City are akin to Gretna but we rose as high as League 1 after a play off win rather than get into the Premier Division and Scottish Cup Final. No doubt there will be another club down the line after City. At least Scottish Football isn't as bad as things down south where clubs are taken over and ownership of the ground split away from the parent club- I can only think of that happening to East Stirlingshire and Falkirk Council put a restriction on the land in regard to development. 

Tl:dr/tam talks shite/Edinburgh City are cnuts: 

Here is a dug in a pickelhaube

dug.jpg.c06e280151677b9c6e59b83a6f668101.jpg