Edinburgh City

7 hours ago, SA45 said:

Tam, if the inevitable happens is Mike McIntyre a decent manager or not? SOS - Albion could do worse?

Stenny were the worst team I watched last season, no idea how they won that league. Straight back down unless someone capitulates.

the-office-steve-carell.gif.89fb59e1dbb0213008a7841eb06c64fe.gif

On 30/05/2024 at 14:21, Tenkay said:

Hopefully the Clyde game is away in  midweek so we don't need to bother with them.

Hopefully the good games with Motherwell and Partick Thistle are at home.

I’m planning on watching it from my bedroom window, 30 miles away, to get a better view. And I suspect the majority of Clyde supporters will probably keep their cash for the other 3 games against actual football teams instead. 

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

TBH, we're at a stage where I'd not be too disappointed to go back to the Lowland league!

Some decent teams there and a better level for us to be competitive.

Best of all,  it would save us having to play Clyde 4 or 5 times.

No supporter of a serious football club would ever think that playing in the Lowland League would be preferable to being in the SPFL under any circumstance. 

12 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I’m planning on watching it from my bedroom window, 30 miles away, to get a better view. And I suspect the majority of Clyde supporters will probably keep their cash for the other 3 games

Good to hear.👍 

12 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

No supporter of a serious football club would ever think that playing in the Lowland League would be preferable to being in the SPFL under any circumstance. 

You'll obviously not know full picture of just how much we struggled last season!

Our games became a pointless waste of a day out as we already knew we'd get beat.

Now, I don't want us to be booted to the Lowland league, but what I said was, at the current time I'd not be as disappointed as normal, as at least we could compete better and win a few games.

To me, playing Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers and Cowdenbeath is just as interesting as playing Forfar, Elgin or Yes, Clyde in League 2.

21 hours ago, SA45 said:

Tam, if the inevitable happens is Mike McIntyre a decent manager or not? SOS - Albion could do worse?

Stenny were the worst team I watched last season, no idea how they won that league. Straight back down unless someone capitulates.

It's hard to say. For example East Fife fans really admire Gary Naysmith for leading them through a sticky patch at that club, QOS fans can't stand him, I was quite sorry to see him leave City but others weren't and he's now a Stenny legend. 

Michael McIndoe (he's funnier than McIntyre) led City through a patch where we almost couldn't put a team on the pitch and is certainly passionate for the game. 

The Binos could always go back to the old fashioned method of having a trainer and the board pick the team... 

Or maybe Willie Irvine fancies it (currently at Bo'ness Ath) 

On 31/05/2024 at 20:17, Francesc Fabregas said:

Does anyone know if this boy's any good or not?

Impressed me in the last meeting we had with EC at the delightful Meadowbank.

Thought he was easily their best defender that day and decent going forward.

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

The next commitee meeting is on Friday 7th June I think, they really need to decide what they are doing with Edinburgh City and not give them another deadline.

So do Edinburgh have to meet the criteria by then. 

On 01/06/2024 at 09:35, ScottR96 said:

I’m planning on watching it from my bedroom window, 30 miles away, to get a better view. And I suspect the majority of Clyde supporters will probably keep their cash for the other 3 games against actual football teams instead. 

The irony of a Clyde supporter criticising another team's ground never fails to amaze and amuse me.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The irony of a Clyde supporter criticising another team's ground never fails to amaze and amuse me.

I get that,  but remember we pay good money for the privilege. That’s 60 grand off our budget before a ball is kicked.

Posted (edited)

Given that Edinburgh are also tenants, it actually qualifies Clyde fans perfectly in passing judgement. I understand that you have an ongoing obsession with our club, "Sergeant Wilson", but please think things through before letting your faecal inner monologue spray all over the forum.

Edited by the_bully_wee

Just now, welshbairn said:

The final deadline is July 1st.

I would imagine spfl will make a decision before fixtures are published surely. Lots of groundsharing etc to take into consideration 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Given that Edinburgh are also tenants, it actually qualifies Clyde fans perfectly in passing judgement. I understand that you have an ongoing obsession with our club, "Sergeant Wilson", but please think things through before letting your faecal inner dialogue spray all over the forum.

They're not tenants of another club though. A cuckoo in the nest! And if you think posts are thought through, you're on the wrong forum.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Not really a relevant factor though, when it's the facility in question being critiqued. I doubt you'd find anyone with a grain of sanity who thinks Meadowbank is a halfway decent football facility from any viewpoint, never mind the spectator's.

Back on topic, it's bizarre that Edinburgh haven't been able to very quickly fulfil these pretty rudimentary licensing requirements. Surely cutting their outgoings towards the end of last season as drastically as they did means they are financially stable enough for things to be much less shambolic than this?