Edinburgh City

24 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Unfortunately, it's City that are going to get the bad name for them, but they may have to be proactive and have spotters out early at every game to ensure any known problem children don't get in.

That's me banned. I didn't eat my greens before I had my pudding. 

Free season tickets for Ultras Mums is the solution- if anything kicked off then you'd have to apologise to your ma. 

Broxburn looked the more likely to score too. 

This the same lot that were turning up for games a couple of years ago? They didn't seem that hard to deal with, just wee bams who needed a steward to hide behind for the hold me back act.

not that it's right clubs need to deal with them, but it's something clubs are increasingly having to do.

So a game abandoned due to behaviour of people wearing the colours of City and part of their ultras group (let's sensibly not call them fans/supporters) but yet there is nothing on the City website or socials about it.... no announcement, no short statement that they will review the involvement of club ultras, etc... Not even confirmed the game is abandoned!

Surely it was discussed after the game and on transportation back to Edinburgh and something needs put out!

59 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

So a game abandoned due to behaviour of people wearing the colours of City and part of their ultras group (let's sensibly not call them fans/supporters) but yet there is nothing on the City website or socials about it.... no announcement, no short statement that they will review the involvement of club ultras, etc... Not even confirmed the game is abandoned!

Surely it was discussed after the game and on transportation back to Edinburgh and something needs put out!

Good grief

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

They did post this at the weekend to be fair;

Screenshot_20240704-085936_X.thumb.jpg.bc3f6d6c33a4e634d7ed73505467c673.jpg

Promoting these wee fannies to come along.

Another sorry tale for this disgrace of a football club.

24 minutes ago, Neilly said:

They did post this at the weekend to be fair;

Screenshot_20240704-085936_X.thumb.jpg.bc3f6d6c33a4e634d7ed73505467c673.jpg

Promoting these wee fannies to come along.

Another sorry tale for this disgrace of a football club.

What makes that even more baffling is my mate that is a City fans said they were also setting off flares, etc at the Hibs game... 

Club should be nipping it in the bud, not encouraging them and giving them a wee dedicated mention!

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

This the same lot that were turning up for games a couple of years ago? They didn't seem that hard to deal with, just wee bams who needed a steward to hide behind for the hold me back act.

not that it's right clubs need to deal with them, but it's something clubs are increasingly having to do.

The club could copy and paste this statement :

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8441103/scottish-football-club-bans-ultras-group-edinburgh-city/

Edited by RubyTuesday

Congratulations to those cowardly masked ringpieces that let their club down last night, you proved yourselves to total 🔔 ends. 
Wee bit of advice, Broxburn was almost empty of home fans, that won’t be the case when you turn up at other grounds this season, I hope they don’t, but opposition fans may take matters into their own hands. 
I hope your parents see the video, and the police identify you and you get a football banning order 

Look at the conduct of the Tartan Army when in Germany, pure ambassadors for their club and country, you lot behaving like hooligans put a stain on your club and country. Stick to banter and leave the chocolate hardman attitude behind 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Congratulations to those cowardly masked ringpieces that let their club down last night, you proved yourselves to total 🔔 ends. 
Wee bit of advice, Broxburn was almost empty of home fans, that won’t be the case when you turn up at other grounds this season, I hope they don’t, but opposition fans may take matters into their own hands. 
I hope your parents see the video, and the police identify you and you get a football banning order 

Look at the conduct of the Tartan Army when in Germany, pure ambassadors for their club and country, you lot behaving like hooligans put a stain on your club and country. Stick to banter and leave the chocolate hardman attitude behind 

Games against Stirling Albion could be interesting next season. As a great day Stirling do sadly they have a bad element of young idiots who are looking for trouble. 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

Games against Stirling Albion could be interesting next season. As a great day Stirling do sadly they have a bad element of young idiots who are looking for trouble. 

If these morons have to attack each other, let’s hope they do it in an empty space and don’t take it into the stands. 

7 hours ago, Wacky said:

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/24182202.derby-shame-fighting-flares-raith-v-dunfermline/

The absolute brass neck of a Dunfermline fan criticising another clubs fan behaviour.

This seems to be creeping in at our level which did not seem tio be a problem for years. We had some bother at Spartans in the play off game last season with coins being thrown and various stand offs after games at a few places. Rather than just have volunteer stewards we had to engage a proper security firm which adds costs. Sorry to hear its now emerged at Edinburgh where i have only been once but did not go to our 2nd game there as although did not have any bother then just found it horrible trying to see a match there, if hassle was to be the norm would reluctantly stay away.

25 minutes ago, peternapper said:

This seems to be creeping in at our level which did not seem tio be a problem for years. We had some bother at Spartans in the play off game last season with coins being thrown and various stand offs after games at a few places. Rather than just have volunteer stewards we had to engage a proper security firm which adds costs. Sorry to hear its now emerged at Edinburgh where i have only been once but did not go to our 2nd game there as although did not have any bother then just found it horrible trying to see a match there, if hassle was to be the norm would reluctantly stay away.

It certainly seems that the situation is getting worst especially last season. Give credit to the youngsters for making a effort and noise at lower league games. It’s the element of bams that tag along just for the trouble. 

Unfortunately innocent people can get hurt.

Last year the Edinburgh City idiots hospitalised one of our fans who just happened to get in the way of a thrown stone ! !

There was not one steward or policeman in attendance where our bus was parked right outside the main entrance.

They are silly little boys but a stone is a stone and can do serious damage.

1 hour ago, Bay Citizen said:

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/24182202.derby-shame-fighting-flares-raith-v-dunfermline/

The absolute brass neck of a Dunfermline fan criticising another clubs fan behaviour.

I had a quick check and sadly, very sadly indeed, I didn’t see you condemn the actions of these moronic fans of your club? 
Myself along with every Pars fan outside these fuds roundly condemned the actions of the childish idiot element of our fan base, as do the mature sensible fans of every club when the moronic element of their fan base behave like total fuckwits. 
It speaks volumes about your mindset that the only post I could find from you was to call out the arseholes of my club instead of voicing your disgust at the fans that let YOUR club down. 
it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if you were one of the wee fannies hiding in a mask and trying to look hard.
Strange how that lot didn’t behave like that when the Hibee fans were there? I wonder why that was? 
I guarantee that your moronic fans will behave like that in the wrong place, and you’ll get what you deserve. It really is a shame that every club has a bunch of childish morons in their support, they are nothing more than an embarrassment to their club, as are you. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I had a quick check and sadly, very sadly indeed, I didn’t see you condemn the actions of these moronic fans of your club? 
Myself along with every Pars fan outside these fuds roundly condemned the actions of the childish idiot element of our fan base, as do the mature sensible fans of every club when the moronic element of their fan base behave like total fuckwits. 
It speaks volumes about your mindset that the only post I could find from you was to call out the arseholes of my club instead of voicing your disgust at the fans that let YOUR club down. 
it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if you were one of the wee fannies hiding in a mask and trying to look hard.
Strange how that lot didn’t behave like that when the Hibee fans were there? I wonder why that was? 
I guarantee that your moronic fans will behave like that in the wrong place, and you’ll get what you deserve. It really is a shame that every club has a bunch of childish morons in their support, they are nothing more than an embarrassment to their club, as are you. 

To be fair, they are wee fannies but talk of bricks and knives without any evidence is just hearsay, they’re all kids about 12-14 years old.  Aside from being loud, annoying, getting on the wick of opposition supporters and shouldn’t be bringing in Pyro’s, they’re usually pretty much harmless.  (If any evidence does turn up that’s contrary to that I’d change my tune)

There were no actual stewards last night and from what I heard from one of our supporters in the stand, the volunteers didn’t know what to do when both sets of kids starting goading each other at half time, they panicked and called the police.  It didn’t help either that it was chucking it down and other fans were sheltering under there amongst them and all the kids should have known better.  After the City ultras were taken out of the stand and relocated to another part of the ground, the game could have continued, but the club decided to abandon the match, which in my opinion was a massive overreaction and caused an unnecessary media response but they clearly weren’t comfortable stewarding the game themselves.

It really shouldn’t have been that much of a surprise to the club, when the same kids were at Albyn Park last week for the friendly with Gala, the only difference last night was their own youth element were there as well.

Again, yes, they are wee fannies, but this widespread ‘condemnation’ is nothing more than empty virtue signalling and find it hypocritical of fans of a club with grown up adults acting like animals in a town centre taking the moral high ground against a bunch of kids.