Edinburgh City

We've entered the Scottish Youth Cup which is good news. 

I was at our first ever youth cup match- we beat East Fife 1-0 in 1999 in one of the last games to be played at the old Bayview

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was at our first ever youth cup match- we beat East Fife 1-0 in 1999 in one of the last games to be played at the old Bayview

Where about has this been posted? Excellent news! 

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Bayview Park hosted last SFL game, East Fife v Livingston on 31 October 1998. 
Youth game was the following day

11 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

Where about has this been posted? Excellent news! 

The SFA website had a list of clubs included in the first round draws.

Went along to Broxburn's game tonight- their Ultras started a chorus of "F*ck the City" at one point :lol:

Sorry, embryos, our rivals will always be Spartans and Whitehill to me

On 29/07/2024 at 22:22, tamthebam said:

I was also at the old Bayview that day, as my brother played in goals for City. Glenpark boys club they were known as before the tie in with City.

Can't believe that's 25 years ago.

Robbie Hamilton is a decent player, excelled in the UEFA Youth League at Hibs and been part of successful teams with Stirling & East Fife.

Centre or right sided midfielder with a bit of dig and creativity, definitely will add something.

Good to get another body in the door with the signing of Robbie Hamilton, adding to the squad without taking up a valuable loan slot is a positive.

With that said, now that the Premier Sports Cup group stages are over, and most of the B teams have been horsed out of the SPFL Trust Trophy, I’d really like City to start bringing in some reinforcements on loan.

A goalkeeper needs to be top priority, because Mark Weir is simply not good enough to be the first choice goalkeeper. 

Ideally would like a centre half and a full back, as we’re pretty light on defenders, and maybe another option in attack.

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Robbie Hamilton is a decent player, excelled in the UEFA Youth League at Hibs and been part of successful teams with Stirling & East Fife.

Centre or right sided midfielder with a bit of dig and creativity, definitely will add something.

Robbie is a decent signing for you, and will be a steady player in the squad. During his time at Forthbank, I'm not sure that I would call him creative, but he will certainly give you a bit of dig and on the ball, he's just pretty steady and tries to play. Had he been brought back to Stirling, then I wouldn't have been disappointed, I think that says a lot.

47 minutes ago, ARF1928 said:

A goalkeeper needs to be top priority, because Mark Weir is simply not good enough to be the first choice goalkeeper. 

Sorry to read this but I did post that when the news came out that he had signed for you. Out of shape and ability that simply says "back up keeper", from his year and a half with us. I thought with being No1, playing regularly, that he would sharpen up and improve but I'm assuming that's not been the case?

14 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Robbie is a decent signing for you, and will be a steady player in the squad. During his time at Forthbank, I'm not sure that I would call him creative, but he will certainly give you a bit of dig and on the ball, he's just pretty steady and tries to play. Had he been brought back to Stirling, then I wouldn't have been disappointed, I think that says a lot.

Sorry to read this but I did post that when the news came out that he had signed for you. Out of shape and ability that simply says "back up keeper", from his year and a half with us. I thought with being No1, playing regularly, that he would sharpen up and improve but I'm assuming that's not been the case?

He's had one or two gaffes to be fair but you can't always blame a goalie for not defending crosses or headers..

Perhaps we've been spoiled in recent years but having decent goalies, especially Schwake, but some of the ones we had in the East of Scotland days made Weir look like Buffon!  

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

He's had one or two gaffes to be fair but you can't always blame a goalie for not defending crosses or headers..

Perhaps we've been spoiled in recent years but having decent goalies, especially Schwake, but some of the ones we had in the East of Scotland days made Weir look like Buffon!  

There's a decent keeper and as far as I know without a club at the minute. Started out at WW then signed for Bo'ness and has been a trialist for Spartans in the league cup this season. Would be ideal for City. ;)

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

There's a decent keeper and as far as I know without a club at the minute. Started out at WW then signed for Bo'ness and has been a trialist for Spartans in the league cup this season. Would be ideal for City. ;)

The big man is a good keeper. What's your agent's finding fee, Newky... 

No match thread for today? Unless there's a flood of loan signings between now and kick off we look set for a bit of a doing.

Suspect Alan Maybury will be particularly up for this one considering how his time at City ended.

Nice day for it if nothing else.

35 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

No match thread for today? Unless there's a flood of loan signings between now and kick off we look set for a bit of a doing.

Suspect Alan Maybury will be particularly up for this one considering how his time at City ended.

Nice day for it if nothing else.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Are the same people still at the club? Did find it strange that he was sacked at the time, most people probably had him in the “doing a good job” category. Probably similar to Darren Young at East Fife when he was punted.

21 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Are the same people still at the club? Did find it strange that he was sacked at the time, most people probably had him in the “doing a good job” category. Probably similar to Darren Young at East Fife when he was punted.

Yeah same people, Maybury was in place when the club changed hands, and to be honest should have left then as his stock was really high after getting us promoted.

Don't think him and the current regime ever got on particularly well, and in fairness we stopped paying him along with all his players!

He had a horrible run at the end but I think there are enough extenuating circumstances to suggest he's got a rough idea of what he's doing