Edinburgh City

Just now, Roker Rover said:

Not being keeping up with the league for my sins. Seems Edinburgh are more than holding their own after a very shaky start.

Whats the change down to? Getting to grips with the league? Change of personnell?

The way the table looks tonight and going on current form, they seem a decent bet for a play off spot.

Only real new signing is Mark Laird who looks quite good. From an outsiders view I think it just took them a wee bit of time to find their way in a new league.

19 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Only real new signing is Mark Laird who looks quite good. From an outsiders view I think it just took them a wee bit of time to find their way in a new league.

That's good to hear. Glad they have not just thrown money at it and stuck with the players who earned their place.

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

Why are City so poor at home? Better away from home so far.

Could be the tighter grounds away from home and the better atmosphere. City play especially well on the artificial pitches and this could be down to the new indoor training facilities at the Oriam Centre now paying off dividends. 

10 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

That's good to hear. Glad they have not just thrown money at it and stuck with the players who earned their place.

Their manager has stayed quite loyal to the guys who got them up, only signed 3 new players I think. The goalie Callum Antell who has since lost his place, Craig Beattie who is just back from injury and Laird as I mentioned. I think that's their strength tbh a tight unit of players who play for each other.

44 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Dean cummings and Neil Martynuik were also 2016/17 signings

Does anyone know what's happened to Martynuik? Didn't hear anything if he has been released. Not been in the squad for a long time now 

Forgot about them  as mentioned Martynuik went to Nitten on loan.

Porteous and Dunsmore also came in on loan (initially until Jan but now been extended to the end of the season) both from Hibs with Dunsmore having been with City at the end of last season as well.

I'd forgotten about Martynuik to be honest. Thought he was okay the games I saw him in but it was a v small sample size and a few boys I know that have played with him were surprised he'd been given another shot at this level.

Just now, AllyMonc said:

Porteous and Dunsmore also came in on loan (initially until Jan but now been extended to the end of the season) both from Hibs with Dunsmore having been with City at the end of last season as well.

I'd forgotten about Martynuik to be honest. Thought he was okay the games I saw him in but it was a v small sample size and a few boys I know that have played with him were surprised he'd been given another shot at this level.

More new faces than I though Ally!

More new faces than I though Ally!

I think it's fair to say that the core of the team is very similar to the one that won promotion. And Jardine deserves credit for trusting in them as much as the players do for proving that trust wasn't misguided.

The Scoreboard was bought from L.A. and was used in the 1984 Olympics (I presume it's the one on the left in this picture). It has been described as looking like the black monolith from 2001:A Space Odyssey but as of yet no messages have been beamed straight into our brains from inter-dimensional space beings. Not unless their message was "Get Sprott Off!"

la olympics.jpg

I believe the scoreboard operator in the Thistle days was the leg-endary Grant "Hide your Lolly" Collie.

The Scoreboard lasted long enough to record the scoreline "Edinburgh City 1 Manchester United 0" when we opened the scoring in the 75th Anniversary game in 2003..  

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Scoreboard was bought from L.A. and was used in the 1984 Olympics (I presume it's the one on the left in this picture). It has been described as looking like the black monolith from 2001:A Space Odyssey but as of yet no messages have been beamed straight into our brains from inter-dimensional space beings. Not unless their message was "Get Sprott Off!"

la olympics.jpg

I believe the scoreboard operator in the Thistle days was the leg-endary Grant "Hide your Lolly" Collie.

The Scoreboard lasted long enough to record the scoreline "Edinburgh City 1 Manchester United 0" when we opened the scoring in the 75th Anniversary game in 2003..  

I like the writing on the L A scoreboard.  Citius, Altius, Fortius, which is Latin for "Faster, Higher, Stronger". Could be something Edinburgh City FC think about adopting as their motto as they climb up to the play-off spots in the springtime. 

Grant Collie, who's claim to fame is that he was the brother of the Corrie who didn't write the famous song, I'm assured is in this picture below. 

MTFC Brake Club 2C09RLwLXEAQJIyo.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
I wonder how many of those fans in the picture, who shall remain anonymous, are still involved at Meadowbank these days? A. 10%, B. 20%, C. 30% or D. 50%? Answers on a postcard please.

Josh Talyor signs for City. Waiting for international clearance was causing the delay. http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/news-feed/

'International clearance' we really are in the big time now. Based on his pedigree and what my Aberdeen supporting pals have said about his loan spell this looks to be some signing. Great work from the club to get this done.

33 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

'International clearance' we really are in the big time now. Based on his pedigree and what my Aberdeen supporting pals have said about his loan spell this looks to be some signing. Great work from the club to get this done.

Walker started really well with Dons but faded a bit towards the end of his loan spell. He and Aluko were outstanding in the home game against Bayern Munich. Looking forward to see him play again.