Edinburgh City

13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Gary Jardine on Edinburgh City TV beaming after 2-0 result against Stirllng Albion. Hold on a minute, did I just say Edinburgh City TV?

Are we in the big time or what?

Who's doing the interview?

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Who's doing the interview?

Not sure. I spoke to the cameraman at half time and gave him a Fanzine. He's a quiet spoken student from university. Does the editing himself. Don't know about you but I can hardly hear the sound. Needs to have the camera nearer to Jardine or plug in an external mike with one of those big fluffy things on the end that looks like a haggis.

Otherwise , picture quality is good. As for the highlights of the match, I think he needs to include some shots of the crowd like the professionals do.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

City certainly putting the cat among the relegation pigeons now.

Good to see them getting a couple of wins.

I hope the cat turns out to be Biggie's Smudger- then we'll definitely stay up- covered in pigeon entrails perhaps, but definitely stay up!

10 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

How's Ryan Porteous looked for you guys? Has he played many games?

Ryan has played 9 games in the league so far and scored one goal against Annan Athletic on 12 November. Ryan has also played 1 game in the Scottish Cup. 

He's looked good. I seemed to remember Ryan and Ian McFarland getting involved in a few off-the-ball tussles with a couple of Forfar players up at Station Park. It went on for quite a while until the ref spotted it. Both ended up getting yellow cards. Ryan's was for dissent. 

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

IMG_1481574805.955060.jpg

Nice wee mention on BBC Sport for City. Be great if we can generate more interest in what is a genuinely good story.

We're definitely gaining more interest . There's even a few chants at meadowbank now and come the end of the season I can see more joining in. I've spoken to a hibs season ticket holder who is giving up his season ticket at the end of the season and wants to go to city instead and bring his pals with him. There's hearts fans as well that are starting to go to games. If we stay up and the club continues to grow the interest will be a lot better and I can see us having a very decent fanbase at this level in a few years time. The only thing I worry about though is the uncertainty of where we will play our home games. Meadowbank we will probably have to say goodbye to forever after this year. If we do go to Ainslie park hopefully all that go to meadowbank will go over and we  pick up more support over that side of the city as well. 

Glad BBC  are starting to give us some recognition 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mon the city

Welcome addition over shire no doubt about it

Although please tell me the experience at meadowbank will get better what's happening with the ground?

Its getting knocked down and a smaller stadium/centre is getting built in its place

IMG_1481574805.955060.jpg

Nice wee mention on BBC Sport for City. Be great if we can generate more interest in what is a genuinely good story.

I particularity like how the BBC acknowledge City as being "part timers" as if that is something unusual in Scottish League Two.

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its getting knocked down and a smaller stadium/centre is getting built in its place

Only with a capacity for 500 with no turnstiles or separate dressing rooms etc or anything football related so it's not practical at all. Apparently it's all going back to the drawing board. I can't see Edinburgh City Council forking out to build the stadium to league requirements which will also host rugby.  I think we should just sack the idea off of staying at meadowbank and share with Spartans for a few years then build a small stadium of our own in the city. Another option is to redevelop Edinburgh Accies  rugby ground. I'm all for that as well. 

8 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Only with a capacity for 500 with no turnstiles or separate dressing rooms etc or anything football related so it's not practical at all. Apparently it's all going back to the drawing board. I can't see Edinburgh City Council forking out to build the stadium to league requirements which will also host rugby.  I think we should just sack the idea off of staying at meadowbank and share with Spartans for a few years then build a small stadium of our own in the city. Another option is to redevelop Edinburgh Accies  rugby ground. I'm all for that as well. 

Aye i've seen the various stories re the new ground just didn't have time to write it all up. Someone who was at the East Fife game told me there was a bit about it in the programme.

Where's Edinburgh Accies ground in the city?

Edited by cowdenbeath