Edinburgh City

1 minute ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Hopefully only a glitch & you are back to full quota soon.

Cheers. Would be a shame to have to abandon the free digital City Fanzine after having so much fun producing it. It wouldn't be the same without having the feedback from Pie and Bovril fans. 

Mr B, I notice you're posting the fanzine image as a .png file. Any reason for that? If you convert it to a .jpg the quality is just as good and the file is about a quarter of the size - around 300KB as opposed to 1.1MB for the front and back cover, including full colour.

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Mr B, I notice you're posting the fanzine image as a .png file. Any reason for that? If you convert it to a .jpg the quality is just as good and the file is about a quarter of the size - around 300KB as opposed to 1.1MB for the front and back cover, including full colour.

Cheers for the tip, will try .jpg in future.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

I hope whoever is behind it has a basic grasp of grammar. There were more loose apostrophes in the old version than I've had pints in the Golden Gates.

I notice its "than I've had pints in the Golden Gates" and not "that I've bought pints in the Golden Gates" :P

13 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Postman Andy's pint!

That's what I was thinking about. For City and former Thistle fans on our last visit to play Meadowbank in December 93 one of our fans asked what the time was, and without a second thought Andy the postie lifted his arm to look at his watch with a full pint in hand, I think the whole bar just stopped to watch:lol:

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

That's what I was thinking about. For City and former Thistle fans on our last visit to play Meadowbank in December 93 one of our fans asked what the time was, and without a second thought Andy the postie lifted his arm to look at his watch with a full pint in hand, I think the whole bar just stopped to watch:lol:

Knowing the Royal Mail, he probably became a supervisor...

21 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Livingston v East Fife or Edinburgh City in the next round of the Scottish Cup! I wonder what the chances are of Mr Blobby being welcomed with open arms at the Tony Macaroni Arena?  

Bring him if you want I would like to meet the big man himself.

14 hours ago, Liviguy said:

Bring him if you want I would like to meet the big man himself.

Thought Edinburgh City wanted this victory more tonight. Not only matched their League 1 opponents man for man but had most of the possession in the first half. Mr Blobby had a cameo role in behind City's No. 3 Aaron Dunsmore and East Fife's No. 14 Scott Robinson, but who's got the biggest smile on his face in the end? Mr Blobby really wants to go to Livingston in round 4!!! His mission depends on it.

Blobby alert East Fife 1-1 Edinburgh City.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby

17 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Looks like we'll be Gary Naysmith's last opponent as East Fife manager, he takes over QotS on the 8th of December. No idea if that helps or hinders.

Gary was in the team for East Fife on Tuesday. Maybe he'll take a back seat in Monday night's replay. 

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

So this is the Livingston squad that Edinburgh City could meet in the next round of the Scottish Cup. Is there any team photos like this of the Citizens at Meadowbank?

Livingston squad-2016-17.jpg

yes, note club photographer is in front, holding the ball...

UnseenAcademicals10.jpg