Edinburgh City

On 03/01/2017 at 01:13, Mr Blobby said:

Grant Collie, who's claim to fame is that he was the brother of the Corrie who didn't write the famous song, I'm assured is in this picture below. 

MTFC Brake Club 2C09RLwLXEAQJIyo.jpg

Grant is the nephew,not the brother, of former Corrie Ronnie Browne. That's him in the chequered shirt in the top photos. The fresh-faced youngster in the centre of the photo on the right is. believe it or not, me. The sleepy guy in the row behind is cartoonist Alick Milne. And the 12-year-old in the black jacket with the tartan lining in the bottom photos is to be found these days as chairman of a certain League Two club...

Edited by GordonD

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Grant is the nephew,not the brother, of former Corrie Ronnie Browne. That's him in the chequered shirt in the top photos. The fresh-faced youngster in the centre of the photo on the right is. believe it or not, me. And the 12-year-old in the black jacket with the tartan lining in the bottom photos is to be found these days as chairman of a certain League Two club...

and there was me thinking that fresh faced youngster was Private Baldrick... :P

private baldrick.jpg

Something has just occurred to me. I said in a previous post that due to the overwhelming amount of Meadowbank Thistle memories being posted here, I kept forgetting that City aren't their natural successors; rather it's the unmentionable lot from West Lothian.

Edinburgh City are in fact the equivalent of AFC Wimbledon, who were of course formed by supporters of the original Wimbledon after that club was uprooted and moved to Milton Keynes as MK Dons. While City weren't formed as a direct response to Meadowbank's transformation into L*v*ngst*n, many former Thistle supporters now follow them, so there is a direct link after all!

On 1/3/2017 at 01:13, Mr Blobby said:

I like the writing on the L A scoreboard.  Citius, Altius, Fortius, which is Latin for "Faster, Higher, Stronger". Could be something Edinburgh City FC think about adopting as their motto as they climb up to the play-off spots in the springtime. 

Grant Collie, who's claim to fame is that he was the brother of the Corrie who didn't write the famous song, I'm assured is in this picture below. 

MTFC Brake Club 2C09RLwLXEAQJIyo.jpg

Why is the legend that is "Angry Al" not in these photos??????

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

He didn't go to away games that often. 

I'm trying to put a date on these photos, and my guess is 1984.

Think I recognise a former colleague in the bottom right photo - is that a young Patrick Barr??

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

He didn't go to away games that often. 

I'm trying to put a date on these photos, and my guess is 1984.

Some of the fans are wearing the Orange Thistle scarf. What year did that come out? That should help with a date.

Orange Meadowbank Thistle Scarf.JPG