Edinburgh City

26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

ah.. the infamous Cough interview in MBEP. He'd just signed and was a neighbour of Dave Stoker's so we popped round to his gaff one night and interviewed him. Good guy.

Pre-season friendly at Forrester's Park between Tranent and Thistle. I was not very familiar with Junior football at the time. I see an old guy in a bunnet in the shed and think "that's good- a guy supporting his local team".

Couglin puts in a typically robust tackle right in front of the shed. The previously harmless looking and quiet auld guy comes out with the immortal words

"COUGHLIN- YA BIG NEWTONGRANGE C*NT!!!"

I never did find out what the story with the ****** was.... I think MBEP Issue 3 never appeared so nobody found out in the end.

Edited by Mr Blobby

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Nico was on the bench for the Annan and Cowdenbeath games back in November (12th and 19th). I think he was almost ready to come back after the long injury but then disappeared from view again. It was only when we spotted Nico on crutches, walking on the pitch and around the ground last Saturday that we knew something was wrong. Didn't notice any write-up about him in the Citizen. We had a chat outside the entrance but the lighting was too poor for the GoPro Session though.

I suppose when you've been going to football for years you pick up on these subtle clues.

Only Mr Blobby could shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

Apart from a stream of bat's piss, of course.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

I suppose when you've been going to football for years you pick up on these subtle clues.

Only Mr Blobby could shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

Apart from a stream of bat's piss, of course.

HaHa. You don't miss much.. Yes, from the Oscar Wilde sketch of course

Edited by Mr Blobby
Silly Facts; 1/50. There was once an idea put forward of naming the Brake Club's fanzine 'The Pink Doughnut' before settling on AWOL.

The Citizens game with Cowdenbeath was cancelled due to frost at Central Park so we went over to watch the Edinburgh City squad play a nine-a-side training match on the full size pitch at the Oriam Centre in Riccarton from around 12.45 to 13.15. The area was sectioned off in 2 quarters. One for Edinburgh City and the other for Edinburgh United. The other half of the pitch was given over to several women's frisbee teams.

Man of the Match was assistant manager Ross MacNamara (at least I think it was him) who zigzagged through the defence and shot a cracking goal past Calum Antell. Fair to say Stobie also lost a goal at the other end and was none to pleased about it. Good work out. 

There's seating for 500 (in only 3 rows) on one side of the pitch which gives the viewer an idea of how the New Meadowbank Stadium would look if present plans are accepted (not). :huh: Just had a thought. I had a vision of Alick Milne here at the Oriam Centre next year sitting at a table with a tin box collecting the entrance fee from supporters on match days and selling the Citizen programmes. (Could work as an option and no worries about games called off due to the inclement weather

Edinburgh City training match at Oriam Centre after away match with Cowdenbeath was called off .jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Crowd Attendance 4: (A student from the Cameroons studying economics at Heriot Watt University . A father who came to see his son training for Edinburgh United but the far side view was obscured by the partition screen. And two City fans.)

Ended up at the Spartans game today (saw Tam the Bam wandering around with his camera and sure I spotted Gary Jardine upstairs at half time) and saw in Craig Graham's programme article that both City and Hibs Ladies have asked to use Ainslie Park next season.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Ended up at the Spartans game today (saw Tam the Bam wandering around with his camera and sure I spotted Gary Jardine upstairs at half time) and saw in Craig Graham's programme article that both City and Hibs Ladies have asked to use Ainslie Park next season.

There you go then. Nothing official from Edinburgh City yet though. I think I'd prefer the Oriam Centre as a temporary home for The Citizens next season instead of Ainslie Park. Nice little Café up in the stand too. It could work as long as all the matches were made all ticket.

The training match at the Oriam finished at 13.30. So it could have been the big boss looking down on you.

Edited by Mr Blobby

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I bet you got a pie and all! Sold out.. poor show from our wee Edinburgh neighbours!! 

I'm glad Mr B has made Mac man of the training. He's moaning he doesn't get enough of a write up here. I mean Gary couldn't have got those two Manager of the Month Awards without his expert input...

wel22.jpg

:P

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I bet you got a pie and all! Sold out.. poor show from our wee Edinburgh neighbours!! 

I'm glad Mr B has made Mac man of the training. He's moaning he doesn't get enough of a write up here. I mean Gary couldn't have got those two Manager of the Month Awards without his expert input...

wel22.jpg

Ross is the sitting image of Josh Walker. (That's who we thought it was at the Oriam until Ouzy See told us it was the assistant manager showing off his ball skills with a shimmy here and a neat nutmeg there followed by a cracking goal past Calum Antell. (sadly missed by my GoPro Session that decided to pack up at the crucial moment)  Ross and Josh are both in a race and in the running now to see who gets fit first for a crack at a key midfield position. :cheers

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

wel22.jpg

I did get a pie and it was guid:P got it before the game mind you. Noticed when I went back for a drink at half time they had a sign up saying hot food sold out. To be fair to Spartans there was a decent crowd there so may have got caught short with their order.

Had the pleasure of Grim selling me a programme:lol:

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

you got a PROGRAMME as well?! You b*****d!! :lol:

And you missed the unconfirmed 'alleged' scoop in the Spartans programme that City have applied to play at Ainslie Park next season with Hiberian Ladies. (Not on the same day I'm assuming :lol:)

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Spartans' Team Sheets are a doddle but how about a glimpse of that Ainslie Park scoop in the programme when you get a minute before anyone goes to press with the news?

spartans prog.jpg

Edited by cowdenbeath