Edinburgh City

11 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Aye, I'm sad to see Ross go but I can only hope it means we've got someone else lined up. If we can't add some goals to our team soon then I think we'll finish last.

I'm still debating to whether I'm sad to see him go or not. He's been a fantastic servant with the goals he chipped in but to me he hasn't made an impact in league 2. I wish him all the best I really do and hope he gets his confidence back in front goal because he has missed some sitters this season, so I'll say this. I'm sad to see him go on a personal level but not on a footballing level if that makes sense. Gary Jardine must have someone lined up in my opinion. It was a very quick transfer. As for finishing last I'm now confident we won't. We've played the top three and are still 8th even after losing three in a row. Clyde are beatable at home if we take our chances. Elgin are pretty much unbeatable at borough briggs so I'm not too disappointed about earlier. What does f**k me off though is that we had a change of heart midweek and decided we wanted to go up there but city "couldn't get" a bus. I've got my opinions on that but theyre best kept to myself 

couldn't make it up to Elgin so dipped down into the LL to watch BSC v Selkirk (bit crap really)- Mr Blobby may be interested in this snippet from the BSC programme: 

vic k.jpg

I suppose we're now in a mini league with Berwick and Cowden at the moment. We have played the 3 top teams in recent weeks and got nothing which is a bit annoying but I'm not panicking yet.  Yet... 

btw I notice that Shettleston's goalie was sent off for having a leak behind the goal today. If this is a new SFA law then some of the clarty buggers at City who can't seem to use the facilities before leaving the dressing room had better watch out...

bog.jpg

I fantasize about a massive outdoor convenience. The high jump mat storage container behind the dugouts, the groundsman handing me pieces of raw silk toilet roll. The crowd laughing at ma family jewels from the stand while the SFA observer looks on with a face like thunder. But under the circumstances I'll settle for the dressing room cludgie..... 

53 minutes ago, Mocochinchi said:

Looks like Guthrie was played as a striker today. Beattie and See on the bench.

Yes. 3 changes from the defeat to Forfar last week. IN - Walker, Guthrie and Gair: OUT - See, McKee and Laird: 

(McKee was in the starting line up on the team sheet but l think he picked up an injury in the warm up and was limping so replaced by Donaldson before the teams came out).

Stobie in goal. Back five of (L to R) Gair, Donaldson, Mbu, Harrison & Dunsmore. Middle 4 (L to R) McFarland, Walker, Cummings & Dunn. Guthrie up front.

Cummings picked up a right leg injury and was replaced by Beattie. McFarland went off and was replaced by Caddow. Ouzy See came on near the end too.

Nice surprise to see Josh Walker (Our City Man of the Match today) in his first game for Edinburgh City. Looks a classy player with great passing skills. Showed a real hunger for every ball and crossed the ball in to Beattie's feet for him to score City's goal. Can't wait to see him team up with Marc Laird in the centre of the park. (Laird picked up a small tear in Forfar game but should be OK to play against Clyde I think)

Crowd 563.  Steak Pie -10 points. Mince Pie - 8 points. Macaroni Pie - 6 points.  Soup - 3 Points. 

Would have thought City's priority would be getting a striker in not another midfielder.

Aye that would be my thinking as well. When See isn't firing we really lack a goalscoring threat. Could maybe push Dean Cummings further forward bit that's about it

our top scorer one season was the leg-end that is Brian Foster, nominally a centre half.... perhaps we need to clone Joe so that one Joe can play at the back and another Joe can play up front.

altogether now

#1 is Joe Mbu
#2 is Joe Mbu
#3 is Joe Mbu
#4 is Joe Mbu

We all dream of a team of Joe Mbu's....

25 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

our top scorer one season was the leg-end that is Brian Foster, nominally a centre half.... perhaps we need to clone Joe so that one Joe can play at the back and another Joe can play up front.

altogether now

#1 is Joe Mbu
#2 is Joe Mbu
#3 is Joe Mbu
#4 is Joe Mbu

We all dream of a team of Joe Mbu's....

Brian Foster that's a real blast from the past Tam remember him as a young boy at Cowden playing for the 18s side:lol: