Edinburgh City

18 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Making my first trip to Galabank for the game v Annan tomorrow.  Any tips from City fans who went there earlier in the season?

We were there for the first game. Had a 10 minute walk along the main street, Scott's Street, and bought some chicken food and stuff for Halloween. The Shed at 7 Lady Street is the place to be for pre-match drinks I hear, but we didn't have enough time left to go there the first time. https://www.yell.com/biz/the-shed-annan-3440292/

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Annan steak pie was decent. Apart from that

589f9be12b25b_rogermellie.jpg.9c17fcd677c1113b422d206f5949d9cb.jpg

Had both the Steak and the Mince pies at Annan today but didn't try the bollocks myself (Too saucy for my liking). No Macaroni Pies available again which is a pain for the vegetarian in our group and the soup was out of a packet. 

Steak Pie gets an impressive 10 out of 10 - Very meaty. Mince Pie? -Couldn't fault that either but Arbroath and East Fife were better so I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

As a side order, Mr Blobby's T-Shirt next week reads on the front... 

Spoiler

You'll have to come to the match at Meadowbank next week to see what's on the back of Mr Blobby's T-Shirt.

ate-all-the-pies-38mm.jpg

57 minutes ago, Jute said:

Lack of goals must be becoming a concern for City with only 1 in the last 5 games. 

Yes. Edinburgh City need a 100% fit Craig Beattie and on form Ousman See to pack the goals in. That's just not been happening for us at the turn of the year. I think the new partnership of Josh Walker, who kept the number 5 shirt, and Marc Laird (No. 9) in the heart of the midfield is promising. (Walker had a good game again on the left of the field yesterday with his crossing and passing getting top marks (Walker also took the corners). Laird, back from a bad injury in the Clyde game, played on the right but he's not back to his early season best yet. John Dunn, Dougie Gair and Aaron Dunsmore can all do a lot of running down the wings and Sean Harrison is great will long balls in, so there's plenty of balls raining down on the danger area. The problem is, we just don't seem to be able to convert them to goals. Joe Mbu was missed - he's always solid in defence but to be fair the defence did OK without him apart from not clearing the Annan attack that led to that silly goal. 

Here's one of the many Josh Walker corners from the viewpoint behind the Annan net. Notice Marc McConnell beckoning Lewis Allan (No. 7) to come out of the goalmouth before the corner is taken. The ball is cleared by Annan but is then fed back to Walker who sends in a floater for the young Ryan Porteous to get his head on. I'd like to see more of that practised on the training ground.  

Edited by Mr Blobby

30 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Any news with what's happening to Moses Olanrewaju since his trial at the club?

Sitting with the chiefs during the first half at Annan yesterday, everyone was tight-lipped I'm afraid. I expect if there are any developments on the new players front being added to the City squad, it'll be in the Citizen match day programme on Saturday. Here's a nice view of the back of the head of the man who will know however.

Nice view of the back of Alick's head.jpg

3 hours ago, upfront said:

Whats his role at Edinburgh City?

Oh, you'd have to ask him about that yourself but I can tell you that in his day, Pastor Milne, was a goal scoring machine in his own right, Read on. 

Edinburgh City Fanzine Back and Front Cover.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Back Page and Front Cover Year One Issue Fifteen.jpg

Sitting with the chiefs during the first half at Annan yesterday, everyone was tight-lipped I'm afraid. I expect if there are any developments on the new players front being added to the City squad, it'll be in the Citizen match day programme on Saturday. Here's a nice view of the back of the head of the man who should know.

I love your touching faith that I have any idea what is going on player-wise at the club, Mr B. When I was the treasurer I had to know what contracts were being agreed for new signings, but these days I mostly learn about new players when Gary sends me the manager's message for the programme late on Thursday night.
What sort of fancy filter do you have on your camera which can turn my pal's white hair Trump-coloured? He will not be pleased.