Edinburgh City

Probably too late for City to sign Jack Currie from Lesmahagow in this transfer window but one to consider in the future

Jack's famous brother is 18-year-old Rory Currie who hit the headlines with his goal for Hearts against Raith Rovers in the Scottish Cup. Jack's a bit older and I'm told he has potential. Just needs a good coaching staff to bring him on. Scored a couple of hat tricks too recently.. and according to the first match report hs other brother Luke plays for Lesmahagow too. (Scouting mission anyone?)

http://www.lanark.co.uk/news-views/sport/2017/01/lesmahagow-thrash-bellshill-currie-grabs-hat-trick

http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/sport/gow-warm-up-for-meadow-with-home-win-1-4235454

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Brian Foster that's a real blast from the past Tam remember him as a young boy at Cowden playing for the 18s side:lol:

That's some memory you have! He's now a coach at Crossgates Primrose, Cowden. 

Meanwhile... hooray for a good relationship with our lovely green neighbours. Welcome to City Lewis and remember a hat-trick against the Binos later in the season will be revenge for what this dirty great Stirling thug did to you..

Stirling+Albion+v+Hibernian+Pre+Season+Friendly+2kJMsEpyh-ql.jpg

That's some memory you have! He's now a coach at Crossgates Primrose, Cowden. 
Meanwhile... hooray for a good relationship with our lovely green neighbours. Welcome to City Lewis and remember a hat-trick against the Binos later in the season will be revenge for what this dirty great Stirling thug did to you..
Stirling+Albion+v+Hibernian+Pre+Season+Friendly+2kJMsEpyh-ql.jpg

A fair challenge imo.

Edinburgh City Fanzine for Saturday 4th February. The Centrefold.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 6 and 7 Year One Issue Fourteen.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
Updated. Pages 5 and 8 to appear tomorrow with player profiles on Chris McKee and Lewis Allan. (Waiting for U20's images of Lewis Allan from photographer)

Edinburgh City Fanzine for Saturday 4th February. Page 8 and 5. Player profiles. Our regular photographer who covers the lower leagues for us had said he has some cracking shots of Lewis Allan from the Hibs U20's v Dundee U20's game at Ainslie Park a couple of years ago but he can't locate them at the moment. Had to make do with a less than perfect picture from the Inverness U20's game, also at Ainslie Park

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue  Fourteen.jpg

Good 0-0 result for Edinburgh City, I thought, against a tough Clyde side. Get's the monkey off their back after 3 straight defeats to the top 3 sides in League 2. It looks like City played a 5-3-2 formation today. (L to R) Gair, Harrison, Mbu, Caddow & Dunsmore at the back. McConnell, Walker & Dunn in the midfield. Allan & See up front. (Allan played on the left, See on the right). The formation didn't change in the second half as far as I could tell (if it ain't broke, why fix it?), which it sometimes does when Beattie and See play together (They swap sides, I've noticed).

The 0-0 draw sets the team up nicely for Galabank next Saturday, which I believe is winnable. City played well at Annan on the 3G surface the last time out, getting a 1-1 draw. Training at the Oriam indoors on Monday night should put the team in good stead for a much needed away victory and although City train on the outdoor pitch on Thursdays at the Oriam, this could be the one week where they'd be better off staying inside.

Injury worries? Laird, Beattie, McKee, Cummings ( Deano seen in the stand at Meadowbank on Saturday as was ex-Hearts manager Jim Jeffries) and Porteous were not in the squad today. Porteous has now missed the last 3 games. Porto was on Hibs U20s duty for the Celtic youth cup tie in his first AWOL but that game was postponed on Hibs request for some reason. So don't know why Porty is missing, he's been immense at the back. Allan, Mbu and Walker all took knocks today. It's going to be a case of the walking wounded next week. On the plus side, wasn't it nice to see Berwick Rangers beat Annan Athletic 4-1 in the final scores? 4 Bloody one!

Edited by Mr Blobby
Now if they could only fix that giant scoreboard at Meadowbank. Doesn't it look nice all lit up?

A 'tough' Clyde side is a kind way of putting it - some of their players wouldn't have been out of place at Murrayfield today!

Clyde try to out muscle their opposition. Glad that we got a draw from a bruising match.

Stobie made a couple of superb saves.

Allan show promise. Fast, strong and has a decent touch.

Yea. Forgot to mention Stobie. Man of the Match for me today and probably now winner of the Edinburgh City Player of the Year Award. (I'm guessing the date for that will be the 29th April after the last home game of the season against Stirling Albion, barring any play-off scenarios). 

Thank god I sacked yesterday off and took the missus to the dominion to watch T2 instead of going to meadow bank.

From what I'm hearing the game was diabolical. 
We've scored one goal in 4 games. We'll make the wrong playoff if we continue like this 

True, it wasn't a great game on Saturday. Clyde are a very physical team and try to bully opponents. Lots of long balls and crosses. The City team was set up to match this and the game was poor as a result. You can tell how physical the game was by the fact that Mbu went off injured!

Again it's true that we haven't scored much in the past four games but 3 of those 4 were against the top 3 in the League. We were unlucky against Forfar to not take something from that game (Elgin, for me, are the best team in the League).

I share your frustrations but I'd be more worried if we were shipping loads of goals.

We live in hope!

Funny thing, Moco me old mucca, is that the Clyde fans think we tried to kill the game and are boring... :lol:

Yes, I read a few of those comments. Some Clyde fans appear to be under some misconception that their team play decent football. They are one of the most boring teams in Scottish football without doubt.

I think Barry Ferguson has mistaken their nickname "the bully wee" as a direct instruction for their style of play! Brutal and boring.

time for some gratuitous slagging of the opposition

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017-02-07/berwick-mp-warns-of-people-using-firearms-to-kill-seagulls/

"The MP for Berwick-upon Tweed says people in the town have been using their own firearms to cull an out of control population of seagulls.

Anne-Marie Trevelyan, a Conservative who represents Berwick-upon-Tweed, said locals have been "wandering the streets" of the town to kill the birds."

I have managed to get an exclusive picture of some Berwick locals wandering the streets with firearms:

589bacfbd74c7_upperclasstwit.jpg.7edf3ed870106e939720d2a44d2dcac7.jpg

of course we suspect the seagulls are an excuse- Berwick locals were shooting at anybody with less than 11 fingers before the seagulls started breeding in numbers. 

Meanwhile over at Central Park they wonder what all the fuss is about- seagulls fly upside down over Cowdenbeath as there's nothing worth shitting on there.