France vs Scotland

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing for certain, we've just dropped our drawers and bent over big time - some of the defending has been absolutely amateurish.  The French must be annoyed a little actually - you would have thought they would have wanted a slightly more difficult test before the Euros start - or maybe that was their plan, to play a team they could pump rotten to give them a bit of a confidence boost.

Never thought I'd see the day we started becoming the bitches for the big nations looking for an easy test in the warm ups to a big competition.  A bit sickening

What are we actually learning by playing these sort of players.  I kinda see what Strachan is saying about knocking young players confidence etc, but I'd rather test them ahead of the WC qualifiers.  I'm already dreading the qualifiers, big style....

Who ever sanctioned these fixtures at this time in the season needs shot.

We need to be playing the co-effiecent game and get our seeding higher as many countries do.

Instead the SFA probably took cash over any other consideration.

I don't think these will count for coefficient for anything meaningful. That only matters for FIFA rankings, which only matters at the World Cup draw. UEFA doesn't count friendly results in its rankings.

These games were picked for money reasons. Italy and France are paying us a hefty sum to go out and get roasted.

simply not good enough. Anyone that thinks we can get anywhere near the world cup is deluded Next campaign needs to be used to blood young  players in team and giving time to players that can maybe get us to next Euros (24 teams so always a chance of reaching a play off). Why is Greer starting he ain't gonna be around in Sept 18.

Archived