Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Here's more "earth shattering stuff" straight from everyone's favourite fan media outlet.Screenshot_20210903-002048_WhatsApp.jpg

In fairness, I made that comment before the article was published and the full extent of the tweets were revealed. I was led to believe that was the extent of the controversy.

Edited by AJF

Though it’s lumped in with the clearly more egregious stuff, I’d be surprised if Edgar’s tweets actually resulted in Heart and Hand losing accreditation, there sadly isn’t enough of a focus on GRT rights for a passing derogatory reference (as bad as it is) to really make much of a scandal out of. 

I’d imagine the other two will have to step down from doing any duties with the club and podcasts, there’s no defending some of those tweets. Looks like twitter accounts have already been deleted.

If this gets a lot of clicks and is as cheap as setting an intern (sorry - a whistleblower on the inside) to task with a list of naughty words and some twitter usernames to capture screenshots, you’ll probably see them happen for all the clubs that are moving away from the newspaper model, though that may be too cynical.

Twitter is going mental with tit for tat with peoples Twitter history being scoured to see what potential ammo they can find. See Natasha Meikle who does a few Celtic podcasts has deleted her Twitter due to using the h word a few times on Twitter 8-10 years ago and being called out by Rangers fans who are tagging her law firm in the tweets.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Twitter is going mental with tit for tat with peoples Twitter history being scoured to see what potential ammo they can find. See Natasha Meikle who does a few Celtic podcasts has deleted her Twitter due to using the h word a few times on Twitter 8-10 years ago and being called out by Rangers fans who are tagging her law firm in the tweets.

Was always going to be the case. I imagine some Record journos probably got busy cleaning their timelines before the story broke as well. 

Though the journalist who wrote the scoop also wrote a tweet warning people off buying dogs from people with Irish accents? So that’s going exactly as you’d imagine it. 

Posting a ‘no response from the club’ tweet at 22:30 also looks a bit desperate, but means the UPDATE: on the Record site will have fresh copy. 

Not real fans standing with the racists 
9A6E8487-2172-42B2-B74D-5870D345D48C.thumb.jpeg.e3bab90162d4e3eaa4b5e0bb1c57e676.jpeg

One of the worst statements I have had the misfortune of reading. They did to keep it error-free for the first 4 words.

The same thing the onion bears have complained about in their horrendously written statements.

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Is she the solicitor for Burness Paul ? If she is, I’d imagine given their standing in the Commercial Legal sector, they’ll frown upon this.

Not sure what I think about people trawling through social media from years ago or others tagging in peoples employers however her employer now has to deal with it.

Can’t see it having a happy ending for her career.

The OF will never remove that element of their support. Never, its too widespread.

Ali McCann linked with Celtic and Rangers on deadline day. You Google his name now and these are the "related searches" that other folk have been putting in...

Screenshot_20210903-083114_Chrome.thumb.jpg.644cb7a7d53a58f9896a8d4c42e64776.jpg

How many folk do you think k had to search for the last one for it to get on that list?

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The OF will never remove that element of their support. Never, its too widespread.

Ali McCann linked with Celtic and Rangers on deadline day. You Google his name now and these are the "related searches" that other folk have been putting in...

Screenshot_20210903-083114_Chrome.thumb.jpg.644cb7a7d53a58f9896a8d4c42e64776.jpg

How many folk do you think k had to search for the last one for it to get on that list?

How many Celtic fans forgot to put a space between McCann and Celtic when they searched it for it to make it that list 🤣

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

By who?

David Edgar, the founder of the Podcast. He posted on another forum that this is what the Daily Record had dug up on him, which was partly correct as that is all they attributed to him. I just wasn't aware there were also tweets from other members of the podcast that had been found.

43 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is she the solicitor for Burness Paul ? If she is, I’d imagine given their standing in the Commercial Legal sector, they’ll frown upon this.

Not sure what I think about people trawling through social media from years ago or others tagging in peoples employers however her employer now has to deal with it.

Can’t see it having a happy ending for her career.

I think so, I know she works in employment law ironically

Like yourself unsure how I feel about people digging stuff up from a decade ago, it’s similar to the Ollie Robertson racist tweet scenario from when he was a teenager. The tweets are unacceptable however you would hope in that decade people have somewhat matured and educated themselves.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I think so, I know she works in employment law ironically

Like yourself unsure how I feel about people digging stuff up from a decade ago, it’s similar to the Ollie Robertson racist tweet scenario from when he was a teenager. The tweets are unacceptable however you would hope in that decade people have somewhat matured and educated themselves.

She’s a lawyer . Should have used her common sense and kept a close eye on her social media or even better deleted it and started a new one free of all her childish rants once she got into her career 

I would be shocked if law firms didn’t have these guidances in place for their employees 

Edited by Forever_blueco

18 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

She’s a lawyer . Should have used her common sense and kept a close eye on her social media or even better deleted it and started a new one free of all her childish rants once she got into her career 

I would be shocked if law firms didn’t have these guidances in place for their employees 

It’s not just law firms. All companies have policies in place to ensure employees keep their social media usage appropriate.

The same policies also cover consequences if they are not adhered to which is why I think she’ll be sacked. The adverse media this type of stuff brings for companies especially in cases like this where it’s a high profile employee is really damaging.