Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Pretty sure Lennon won the Scottish Cup when he came in as caretaker for the clusterfuck that was Mowbrays tenure. His next 2 seasons he won back to back titles and another Scottish Cup.

Not to mention qualifying for the Champions League group stages, beating Barcelona etc etc. 

You can talk about what happened next and speculate the reasons why however Lennon accomplished more than Gerrard has or is that did?

Think you've had a memory lapse Jinky.

Ross County disposed of Celtic in the cup semi following Lennon's appointment as caretaker in March 2010, and Celtic finished second in the league the following season.

1 hour ago, Chonky said:

So, if he goes... Who does he take with him? (Serious answers please...)

Beale is a certain I assume. How about McAllister?

Any players? Kamara and Kent? 

He seems to have a soft spot for Jack, but is he at that level?

Not a fucking chance.

52 minutes ago, AJF said:

Why would anyone be expected to take the news well 😅

Because a manager staying for more than 3 years without being poached is rare as f**k. Hes never pretended his goal was to stay at Rangers long term has he? Always seems fairly clear it was simply a stepping stone, yet some folk seem to be acting like hes personally betrayed them.

17 minutes ago, DMCs said:

The Mirror saying we're going for Russell Martin

HAHAHAHA kill me now

TBF he seems fairly highly rated down South, one of these "philosophy" managers.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because a manager staying for more than 3 years without being poached is rare as f**k. Hes never pretended his goal was to stay at Rangers long term has he? Always seems fairly clear it was simply a stepping stone, yet some folk seem to be acting like hes personally betrayed them.

TBF he seems fairly highly rated down South, one of these "philosophy" managers.

Aye, I completely get that and agree. It’s an opportunity I think is probably too good for him to turn down and I was under no illusions he would be here for very long if he done well enough. It still doesn’t make it an easier pill to swallow though and leaves us in a very precarious position.

22 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Way too early in his managerial career for me.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I completely get that and agree. It’s an opportunity I think is probably too good for him to turn down and I was under no illusions he would be here for very long if he done well enough. It still doesn’t make it an easier pill to swallow though and leaves us in a very precarious position.

Aye that's fair enough, to both of you.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Way too early in his managerial career for me.

Not saying he'd be a good appointment or not, but Russell Martin has 2 years and 100+ games more in management than Stevie G had when you appointed him.

Edited by Jacky1990

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Not saying he'd be a good appointment or not, but Russell Martin has 2 years and 100+ games more in management than Stevie G had when you appointed him.

Yeah, but he’s also Russell Martin.