Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, AJF said:

The signing I am most excited about if we can pull it off.

A hefty outlay for a player but he is a good age having just turned 24 and from what I have seen really looks like he can finish.

What makes you excited? His record is pretty bang average for playing in a team that won the league and scored 80+ league goals tbh. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

The signing I am most excited about if we can pull it off.

A hefty outlay for a player but he is a good age having just turned 24 and from what I have seen really looks like he can finish.

Have you paid the face-painters yet?

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What makes you excited? His record is pretty bang average for playing in a team that won the league and scored 80+ league goals tbh. 

From what I’ve watched and read about him. He is coming with a decent pedigree having been at both Ajax and Feyenoord and he seems fairly well rated by the Feyenoord fans.

And while he wasn’t a regular starter, a goal every 146 mins and a goal involvement every 114 mins across all competitions last season I’m hopeful will translate well into a league that’s likely inferior than the Eredivisie.

Why wouldn’t I be excited by a signing where we are making a considerable outlay.

10 minutes ago, Herc said:

Splashing the cash lads. Think it'll be enough ?

Easily. 

The transition from Fat Ange to Rodgers will be very noticeable. 

David Brent style management will not cut it when faced with Big Beale and his band of brothers. 

We look like we've improved our squad and I don't actually follow celtc so I don't know but I'm going to blindly say they've stagnated. 

Inshallah they manage to better our record of worst champions league team ever. 

Sharks for Christmas imghfo.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

From what I’ve watched and read about him. He is coming with a decent pedigree having been at both Ajax and Feyenoord and he seems fairly well rated by the Feyenoord fans.

And while he wasn’t a regular starter, a goal every 146 mins and a goal involvement every 114 mins across all competitions last season I’m hopeful will translate well into a league that’s likely inferior than the Eredivisie.

Why wouldn’t I be excited by a signing where we are making a considerable outlay.

Last two years across the Dutch competitions he got 9 goals and 2 assists from the 16 games he started for Feyenoord, and 13 goals and 4 assists from the 12 starts for Ajax/Ajax Youth. 

Clearly it’s not ended well for him last season, but if it had we’d not be getting him. If he’s not a super sub and needs to be in the team consistently to get the best return, no bad thing. 

7 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Easily. 

David Brent style management will not cut it when faced with Big Beale and his band of brothers. 

We look like we've improved our squad and I don't actually follow celtc so I don't know but I'm going to blindly say they've stagnated. 

I dunno. Rodgers is tried and tested at this level. I do wonder though if he'll be able to get the same level out of some of Ange's players.

Been a good transfer window for Rangers so far. Some quality players (on paper) brought in and it seems we’ve got all our top shortlisted players. 

Did we even get new Sporting Director when Ross Wilson left? Who is negotiating all these transfers because they are doing a great job? 😂👍

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I don’t know hence why i asked you 

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Easily. 

Heard this shit last season and how Ange was lucky.

Now it’s David Brent and we have stagnated 🤣

season 1 friends GIF

Looking forward to this one. Aside from McCrorie and Davies I'd imagine that will be near to our strongest side. 

Additions of Cifuentes and Danilo will will probably see Dowell, Dessers and Lammers rotated. 

Keen to see some more of Ykeko and Rice, they've both looked very capable and I'd like to see us actually trust some of our youth players this year, would also love a Lovelace cameo. 

Edited by RuMoore

On 25/07/2023 at 18:45, Jinky67 said:

Yep a guy coming from Feyenoord to the Old Firm that nobody has really heard of never works well !!

57 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Yep a guy coming from Feyenoord to the Old Firm that nobody has really heard of never works well !!

No one had heard of a World Cup semi finalist prior to him coming to Celtic? Especially one with such distinguishing features? Pretty shocking statement that Kennie

Brazilians on the other hand when they come to Scotland can tend to be a bit Scheidt 😉

But the question was what excites him not if he knew who he was mate 

Edited by Jinky67

Rather poor performance with a few exceptions (Dowell, Lammers and Souttar). I can’t see what style of play we are looking to develop at the moment, so I’m hopeful it’ll come together before the opener against Killie.

Adding Danilo, Lawrence, Goldson and Cifuentes into the team though could make a difference.

Apart from the first 5 minutes it looked like a home game for the away side.

Lammers looks quite clever but other than that they were better technically all over the pitch. The ridiculous dive from Cantwell was about the only thing worth mentioning from him.

Did you pay real money for Yfoko ? Or was he a halftime draw winner getting a few minutes?

I fancy us for 2nd after watching that shite😉