Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Overlooking the desire to see this, in practical terms, isn't retrospective action for diving now likely to be a thing of the past now that we have VAR?

Any retrospective action on diving would require the referee to admit after the match that they did not see the dive, however that now cannot be the case if every penalty incident is reviewed by a referee.

We’ve had red cards issued by VAR rescinded so I have zero faith.

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Just thought I'd give some cheer to the blue boys after a miserable night.

Then i forgot after reading hundreds of your posts you're a wee bit The Rangers minded.

They're my big team.

Not sure how reliable Football Scotland is.

Rangers are set to demand 700 tickets from Celtic for the second Old Firm derby of the season even if the Hoops turn down their allocation for Celtic Park.

It was revealed earlier today that Celtic would say no to the 700 on offer for Ibrox in September with the club having fears over safety after bottles were thrown in the past. Rangers have made the same complaints about Celtic Park in the past and the two clubs have been in discussions over the number of away fans at games. Rangers CEO James Bisgrove claimed earlier this year it was impossible to offer more than 700 this season but Celtic say they want more or they will reject any briefs.

It means the game on September 3 is likely to see the entirety of Ibrox be home fans as the row rumbles on but the Glasgow Times report that Rangers expect to be offered the same amount no matter what when they travel across the city to Celtic Park on December 30

Edited by bennett

5 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Ryan Kent getting his yearly quota on his debut. 

Good for him. 

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

but the Glasgow Times report that Rangers expect to be offered the same amount no matter what when they travel across the city to Celtic Park on December 30

It’s not really a case of reliability, they’re just reporting ‘Celtic bound to fulfil terms of competition’ and dressing it up as news. 

12 hours ago, AJF said:

We were linked with Claudio Reyna and Christian Nerlinger earlier in the window but nothing came of it.

Nothing came of it because it was a total fantasy!

As embarrassing as those tests that post pictures of (for example) Messi in a Falkirk strip because he was a free agent for 30 seconds.

If genuine football “giants” were interested in you clumpany you wouldna have Mick as your manager, would you?

ETA somehow “twats” autocorrects to “tests”

Edited by Raidernation

9 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

As embarrassing as those tests that post pictures of (for example) Messi in a Falkirk strip because he was a free agent for 30 seconds.

If genuine football “giants” were interested in you clumpany you wouldna have Mick as your manager, would you?

I never said whether they were likely to come or not, merely saying that’s who we were linked with in the media.

I’m also not sure why you’ve put “giants” in quotation marks as it’s not something I’ve said.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Rangers are set to demand 700 tickets from Celtic for the second Old Firm derby of the season even if the Hoops turn down their allocation for Celtic Park.

It was revealed earlier today that Celtic would say no to the 700 on offer for Ibrox in September with the club having fears over safety after bottles were thrown in the past. Rangers have made the same complaints about Celtic Park in the past and the two clubs have been in discussions over the number of away fans at games. Rangers CEO James Bisgrove claimed earlier this year it was impossible to offer more than 700 this season but Celtic say they want more or they will reject any briefs.

It means the game on September 3 is likely to see the entirety of Ibrox be home fans as the row rumbles on but the Glasgow Times report that Rangers expect to be offered the same amount no matter what when they travel across the city to Celtic Park on December 30

Demand 🤣

You’ll do what you are told 

Edited by Jinky67

53 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Demand 🤣

You’ll do what you are told 

Well, Celtic need to offer the tickets per the SPFL’s own rules. Rather than demand them, Rangers may choose just to gladly accept them.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, Celtic need to offer the tickets per the SPFL’s own rules. Rather than demand them, Rangers may choose just to gladly accept them.

Is that the same rule that was in place last season aye? Remind how many away tickets that netted you? 

I genuinely hope you do accept them as it’s just another game where you watch your team most likely lose to Celtic and another reminder of why the allocations were culled in the first instance 

Edited by Jinky67

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Is that the same rule that was in place last season aye? Remind how many away tickets that netted you? 

I genuinely hope you do accept them as it’s just another game where you watch your team most likely lose to Celtic and another reminder of why the allocations were culled in the first instance 

Thank God for that,  we won't have to put up with any moaning when we take tickets for the game.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Thank God for that,  we won't have to put up with any moaning when we take tickets for the game.

You won’t take them mate as they only offer them to fans who actually go to the home games 

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Both players you referred to have less of a global reputation in football than Gerrard and he took a job there when they were in a far worse state. Both played for the old club at Ibrox as well so any link of them to Newco wouldn't be too outlandish a stretch.

Seems to me that you've got a bit overly angry about Rangers again and slevered all down yourself and over your keyboard or mobile device.

8 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Yes it’s the same rule, and last season when Celtic indicated they wouldn’t be taking their Ibrox allocation, Rangers reciprocated by doing the same. It seems, however, they may choose not to reciprocate.

The rule states that an offer of tickets must be made available to the away team, so Rangers would be doing absolutely nothing wrong by accepting even if Celtic don’t accept theirs.

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Both players you referred to have less of a global reputation in football than Gerrard and he took a job there when they were in a far worse state. Both played for the old club at Ibrox as well so any link of them to Newco wouldn't be too outlandish a stretch.

Seems to me that you've got a bit overly angry about Rangers again and slevered all down yourself and over your keyboard or mobile device.

Aye, I did wonder where that wee outburst came from. And it’s not as if we would be poaching the worlds best talent here. I’m sure Nerlinger has been out of a job since 2012 or something.