Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

How long do you have his brother Ross signed up for? I watched him last night for Portsmouth and he was absolutely hopeless, his crossing was as poor as I’ve seen from a player at any level, you could see the other Portsmouth players getting angry at him as he either hit the first man or ballooned it out for a by kick. 

In his defence I always assumed him to be a central defender/defensive midfielder. He was playing almost right mid last night in Portsmouth’s formation. In my unqualified opinion it’s a position he should never play again, doesn’t suit him in the slightest. 

He's best as a DM.  He hasn;t the presence to be a CB and hasn't the skills to play further forward.

Oh and he is in contraact until 2022.

49 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He's best as a DM.  He hasn;t the presence to be a CB and hasn't the skills to play further forward.

Oh and he is in contraact until 2022.

I can actually remember a couple of my pals talking him up as a defensive mid for Rangers first team a while back. God knows how he has ended up at right mid for Portsmouth. When I seen the name McCrorie in the line up before the game I googled him to make sure it was the same one, was surprised to see him on loan as he had a good run in the first team for a while. 

4 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

You've let me down Willy, it can't be a conspiracy if everyone is in on it. Surely controlling coronavirus would be be a piece of cake if the world were that organised?

You're the only one that called it a conspiracy,strategies and contingency plans are part n parcel of the game for years.

30 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I can actually remember a couple of my pals talking him up as a defensive mid for Rangers first team a while back. God knows how he has ended up at right mid for Portsmouth. When I seen the name McCrorie in the line up before the game I googled him to make sure it was the same one, was surprised to see him on loan as he had a good run in the first team for a while. 

This was post-Pedro when Murty had him playing in front of a back four of Tavernier, Danny Wilson, Master Bates and Declan John.  The boy did good, as I said on a match thread when we played Dolly twice in a week - winning 3-0 at Ibrox and 1-2 at the Ewe Camp:

On 03/12/2017 at 16:46, The_Kincardine said:

That wasn't the reaction I was expecting from Dolly.  After their mid-week pumping I was surprised that, in the first half, they were considerably worse even than they had been at Ibrox and 0-1 was a poor return for us.

Even with a man extra they scored the same number of goals as us but created fewer chances.  There's a good reason why, over the past 5 games, only Hearts have a poorer record than them.

We, in contrast, had some stand-outs.  Jack ran the game before he got sent off.  Kaiser McCrorie put in quite the shift as did David Bates.  Tavernier's run for the 2nd goal was top drawer.  Danny Wilson's header was Gough/Hately/DJ-like and his all-round play was excellent; not something I thought I'd ever say.

So a good week for us. 

Worth posting the vids to see:  1. A red card for the ever petulant Ryan Christie, 2. A goal from the lesser-spotted Carlos Pena and 3. Danny Wilson's top-notch header and 4. Annoying our resident Dons:

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Strange to sign him, relocate him to a different continent, not give him a chance and then sell him ??

They took him on trial and signed him on a free transfer. Low risk signing.

I saw him in a number of games and wasn’t convinced he’d ever be anything more than a squad player.

The fact Rangers have sold him on for £300k is good business from the club, to be fair. Especially in the current financial climate where transfer fees will no doubt be significantly reduced.

12 minutes ago, thepundit said:

They took him on trial and signed him on a free transfer. Low risk signing.

I saw him in a number of games and wasn’t convinced he’d ever be anything more than a squad player.

The fact Rangers have sold him on for £300k is good business from the club, to be fair. Especially in the current financial climate where transfer fees will no doubt be significantly reduced.

Poor scouting maybe ?? And I’m not having a go.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Poor scouting maybe ??

Possibly, but I think the coaching team always knew he would be no more than a squad player after his trial. 
Still signed him and sold him on at a profit so I guess I the scouting team won’t be too disappointed with that one. Some of the other signings however....

On 02/07/2020 at 11:00, wastecoatwilly said:

Players are just pawns on the chess board,Derek and Barry have played a blinder with a little help from McInnes.

What the hell are you gibbering on about? Did that actually make sense in your head?

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What the hell are you gibbering on about? Did that actually make sense in your head?

Lewis Ferguson is a player to be fair, I always thought his dad, Derek was a far better player than his overrated snarling faced wee ned of an uncle Barry, if he stays injury free and gets a move to a club who utilize him properly him and David Turnbull, if he does similar will be Scotland regulars for years to come, chances are, given the family connection he may well end up at Ibrox but I think he would be better served doing what John McGinn did and move to England. 

It's more than likely though he may well be tempted to go to Rangers if they come in for him, as I feel Turnbull will do with Celtic given he was a failed medical away from Celtic Park last year, either way both are the country's best midfield prospects and just hope they get the moves where they can take the proverbial next step, whether that be in Glasgow or England. 

30 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Lewis Ferguson is a player to be fair, I always thought his dad, Derek was a far better player than his overrated snarling faced wee ned of an uncle Barry, if he stays injury free and gets a move to a club who utilize him properly him and David Turnbull, if he does similar will be Scotland regulars for years to come, chances are, given the family connection he may well end up at Ibrox but I think he would be better served doing what John McGinn did and move to England. 

It's more than likely though he may well be tempted to go to Rangers if they come in for him, as I feel Turnbull will do with Celtic given he was a failed medical away from Celtic Park last year, either way both are the country's best midfield prospects and just hope they get the moves where they can take the proverbial next step, whether that be in Glasgow or England. 

Agree with you re. McGinn. Hopefully him and McTominay continue to improve and that could be the central midfield pairing for Scotland for a few years.

Maybe have Armstrong as the attacking option as he had the balls to move to a league where he is challenged and is also improving??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

17 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You're the only one that called it a conspiracy,strategies and contingency plans are part n parcel of the game for years.

So why did you object to it in your original post if it is accepted practice?

On 02/07/2020 at 10:38, wastecoatwilly said:

FFS, If motherwell had colts in league 2 it would've happened the same way a year with the colts out on loan then into motherwell's first team bang sevco come calling.
It's fecking laughable Aberdeen do the same thing wee story, Greg Docherty signs for sevco opens up a space for Lewis Ferguson plays a handful of games for Hamilton, Aberdeen come calling why because Jack went to sevco nobody gives a feck about Hamilton. The capitalist world keeps turning the inequality keeps moving.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Where did I object?