Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Interesting to see what the fee will be or reported to be.. I rate him the same as Kris Boyd on a good day. 

Morelos is head and shoulders above Boyd ability wise.

Of course, he has his flaws, but he is without a doubt one of the best players in the country. 

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

I hope not, we struggled last season with him upfront.  Could we see Kamberi signing soon?

Could well be. I don’t really rate him any better than Greg Stewart, to be fair. 

Rangers might make a move to sign Toney now. I’ve never seen him play so no idea if he’d be a good signing but it’s been heavily reported Rangers would table a bid if Morelos went.

Edit: Hopefully Rangers have negotiated themselves a sell on %

Edited by thepundit

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Morelos is head and shoulders above Boyd ability wise.

Of course, he has his flaws, but he is without a doubt one of the best players in the country. 

What puts him ahead and shoulders above Boyd? In terms of trophies, awards, international caps and goals Boyd is head and shoulders above Morelos.. Boyd even managed to score against Celtic 

Edited by Bohemian

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

What puts him ahead and shoulders above Boyd? In terms of trophies, awards, international caps and goals Boyd is head and shoulders above Morelos.. Boyd even managed to score against Celtic 

Effort, link up play, scoring against good European teams, not eating monster munch...

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Effort, link up play, scoring against good European teams, not eating monster munch...

I forgot to mention a far worse discipline problem that let's his team down. Cant remember but did Boyd not score in Europe? Boyd was employed to score goals and was very good at it.  Monster Munch are delish ha

21 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Have you watched the two of them play? If you have, it’s quite clear why. He is simply a better player.

I love Boyd and fully appreciate what he achieved with us, but Boyd played with us at a time when we as a team were regularly successful which is a far cry from the side we currently have.

Stats only paint half a picture - if you have based your opinion on watching them and believe Boyd is equal to or superior than Morelos, then our criteria of judging a player must be wildly different.

24 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Somehow doubt he is the man to stop 10iar and would cost 3m (the whole Nedo fee,) so no chance.

Rangers canny afford the outlay to stop the 10. 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Have you watched the two of them play? If you have, it’s quite clear why. He is simply a better player.

I love Boyd and fully appreciate what he achieved with us, but Boyd played with us at a time when we as a team were regularly successful which is a far cry from the side we currently have.

Stats only paint half a picture - if you have based your opinion on watching them and believe Boyd is equal to or superior than Morelos, then our criteria of judging a player must be wildly different.

Boyd also played at a time when the standard of the opponents was far superior in my opinion.. stats for a striker are pretty simple, you either score or you dont, Boyd's stats are impressive.