Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Where the fcuk do you get buckfast for £3?

Put some effort in to these things Jaggy.

It was counterfeit too obvs...

How were these benches broken Vicky? Fatties sitting on them or the young team doing the bouncy? 

1 minute ago, jagfox BLM said:

It was counterfeit too obvs...

How were these benches broken Vicky? Fatties sitting on them or the young team doing the bouncy? 

I've already said that I can't defend what happened over the weekend. 

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've already said that I can't defend what happened over the weekend. 

Kudos to you for that Bennett but sadly you appear to be in the minority of your fellow fans.

Friends of mine who support Rangers who are normally in the reasonable camp of Rangers supporters are claiming the media as always have a hatred against the club and are deliberately exaggerating what happened. 

I suppose we should see that the Scottish Government is doing a decent job, as they have received statements/letters from both Celtic and Rangers after both clubs have been a wee bit upset about what the nasty SG is saying about them. 

13 hours ago, G51 said:

I'd be extremely surprised if they made it up given that there are actual quotes about it from the police about it: https://news.stv.tv/north/police-officer-hurt-during-st-johnstone-celebrations?top

You were on here whining about benches being broken earlier. It would appear that breaking benches is a scandalous act that simply cannot be condoned, whereas injuring police officers and stewards is probably their own stupid fault for being there in the first place. And yet I'm the one who's supposed to be biased on this :lol:

To be clear:

1) It's extremely obvious what happened here - everyone (Rangers, Police Scotland, the SNP) realised sometime around mid-February that we were going to win the league in a matter of weeks and that people were going to gather to celebrate. Because none of the parties involved here actually trust each other, and they recognise that stopping this is difficult/impossible, the immediate priority was to set about covering their own arses instead of doing something practical, like accepting this was inevitable and organising some kind of event which would give the police a measure of control over the situation. Such an event would be political suicide for whoever proposed it and sanctioned it, and ultimately that matters more than actually doing things right.

2) All sides kept receipts thinking that they could use them to prove that it's the fault of the other two and not themselves. We're now seeing those receipts being leaked and that will likely continue for a few days. Absolutely no one will completely exonerate themselves, and the whole thing will become extremely muddy to the point that people get extremely bored by it.

3) Because the SNP are ultimately responsible for this, they asked their COVID advisors what to do, who told them that whatever they do they should not let people congregate inside, and that large outdoor gatherings are virtually risk-free so just let people be outside and then eventually move them on when they've had enough. The SNP realised this would create seriously bad headlines about COVID, but since there are far more people out there who are not Rangers fans than actual Rangers fans, you can just blame the people involved and everyone will accept that because it's what they want to hear.

4) The title is won, the crowds gather and everything is pretty peaceful bar a few bits of broken wood, which the fans are paying to repair/replace. However, middle-class FBPE 45% twitter is absolutely fuming that the proles are having a good time when they aren't, so a huge amount of hysteria is whipped up on Twitter over something that is actually pretty safe. The SNP spy an ideal chance to condemn it in exchange for free political capital, a vital resource when their poll numbers aren't looking as solid as they once did.

5) In a few days time the world will move on and no one will care, until it happens again in mid-May when James Tavernier lifts the trophy above his head. That's assuming the SNP continue to f**k up and retain restrictions on things that are actually not significant COVID risks.

6) The football fans advocating Spanish police-style tactics should be extremely careful what they wish for. The police are afraid of large crowds of Rangers and Celtic fans, they aren't afraid of battering fans of diddy teams. In addition, everyone should recognise that celebrating winning is the best thing about football, young people are always going to take any opportunity to celebrate, this isn't a bad thing and that regardless of which of the 12 teams won the Premiership this season, there would have been mass gatherings and general disorder. If people want to condemn that, fire away, but I won't, the same as I didn't for St Johnstone fans because I recognise that people will act on their emotions.

Nicola has probably forgotten about it all already . 

Germany have confirmed that Joachim Low will resign as their manager after the Euros.

That rumour about Klopp going to Germany and Gerrard going to Liverpool is going to get a lot more traction now.

The absolute state of @G51 on here the last couple of days. 

Fair play to Gerrard, Rangers have been good to watch this season and miles above everyone else. The fans, however, continue to prove themselves to be the (joint) lowest of the low. 

Edited by JMDP

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Germany have confirmed that Joachim Low will resign as their manager after the Euros.

That rumour about Klopp going to Germany and Gerrard going to Liverpool is going to get a lot more traction now.

He's going to find it difficult to go anywhere with me superglued to him. 

5 minutes ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

He's going to find it difficult to go anywhere with me superglued to him. 

I don't really see it happening tbh, since Liverpool are very well run these days and they would get any manager they wanted.

Though I'd trust Ross Wilson to get the replacement right.