Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Because of the actions of the blue hordes at the weekend, Patrick Harvie is wanting the football season ended now.

Might be worth it if we get a beer festival, George Square has a track record of hosting events.

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yes because those 100-200 would be sharing all sorts of images/videos across social media which would only encourage already buoyant fans to say if they are partying so can i, grab their jacket and carry out and head out to where the party is.....which by that point was clearly George Square. 

Thats the influence of social media and its naive to downplay the impact it has. 

It also undermines any notion that the players/staff take their responsibilities seriously despite what they may be saying at a press conference again the significance of Rangers winning the league certainly isn't lost on me and fully understand the desire to celebrate however.....

Sorry, but we will need to agree to disagree.

The fans were wrong to congregate anywhere, but to suggest the players actions has played a significant role in that is disingenuous in my opinion. I very much doubt anyone that turned up to George Square yesterday was sitting at home and decided to go there on the back of seeing some pictures and videos of Rangers players interacting with fans 6 miles away from George Square.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Sorry, but we will need to agree to disagree.

The fans were wrong to congregate anywhere, but to suggest the players actions has played a significant role in that is disingenuous in my opinion. I very much doubt anyone that turned up to George Square yesterday was sitting at home and decided to go there on the back of seeing some pictures and videos of Rangers players interacting with fans 6 miles away from George Square.

To suggest it had no impact is also very naive in my opinion

So yes it seems we see this through a very different lens 

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Patrick Harvie :lol:

The Greens eh. If they’re not campaigning against road safety improvements in rural areas, they’re wanting football shut down. Some lads.

to be fair, she hardly shut him down either. 

I imagine if any crowds turn up on the 21st it may just be the final straw and we will have fucked it

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

to be fair, she hardly shut him down either. 

I imagine if any crowds turn up on the 21st it may just be the final straw and we will have fucked it

You’d have to be extremely brave to piss off a good chunk of the electorate a few weeks before an election.

They’ll do f**k all.

SFA confirm notices of complaint for The Rangers Five. Alleged breaches of disciplinary rules 24 and 77. Hearing date of 25 March... almost six weeks after the party in question. (Bans for Edmundson and Jones in November were 7 games).

56 minutes ago, G51 said:

You’d have to be extremely brave to piss off a good chunk of the electorate a few weeks before an election.

They’ll do f**k all.

Hiya.  I admit that it's just my perception, but I wouldn't have thought that too many of the staunch Union Jack waving, God Save the Queen National Anthem singing Rangers fans would have been planning on voting for the "nationalist", anti-Union party at the May election.   The SNP might actually attract votes from the "non-Rangers minded" as a result of sticking the boot in! 

Just a thought 🤔

To be fair though, Sturgeon also had a whack at Celtic, as she mentioned events earlier on in the season.  Presumably she thought that Aberdeen have suffered enough, as she left them out of it today. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I believe the majority of them had dispersed from the morning by that point so they could actually go home and watch the game. The main issue was the gatherings on Sunday outside Ibrox and in George Square when we clinched the title. The players weren't at Ibrox at all on Sunday as far as I am aware so there was no incentive for fans to gather at Ibrox.

I stay at Ibrox and you are correct that many of the idiots who were there in the morning had left ... however , there were far more gathered by the time the game was coming to an end .... I would guess at maybe 50 / 100 during the game , but close to thousands by the time 5 o’clock came ...

3 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Rangers stance:

Arrogant to issue a statement before they won the league

Irresponsible of the council not to move benches before they won the league

Absolutely shameless.

D5A537A7-AAFD-4E53-A995-C668A4090793.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees

26 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hiya.  I admit that it's just my perception, but I wouldn't have thought that too many of the staunch Union Jack waving, God Save the Queen National Anthem singing Rangers fans would have been planning on voting for the "nationalist", anti-Union party at the May election.   The SNP might actually attract votes from the "non-Rangers minded" as a result of sticking the boot in! 

Just a thought 🤔

To be fair though, Sturgeon also had a whack at Celtic, as she mentioned events earlier on in the season.  Presumably she thought that Aberdeen have suffered enough, as she left them out of it today. 

The SNP also takes a percentage of its vote from Rangers fans.

It’s already extracted all the vote share it’s going to get from the middle-class. There’s not much to be gained from doing this.