Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

I think the extent of the injury played a big factor. If he hits him in the chest and it’s a few bruises then it’s going to be less, a bit like if someone is speeding and crashes their car and hits a person v if they hit a tree. I think it’s a fair ban, it was very reckless. The 2 shouldn’t be related but if the racism doesn’t happen then a lot more would’ve been made about the kick.

The ban on Kudela isn’t enough. He’ll miss a few qualifiers I’d imagine and won’t miss many proper games, no real punishment for him or the club.

Kamara is I guess fair enough, he shouldn’t be punished for “assaulting” a racist c**t but those are the rules so there’s no real leeway.

He's going to miss the Europa League quarter-final, possibly the semi-finals and even the final, and then the Euros. There aren't many games more "proper" than that.

Interesting to see Rangers' statement saying that the 10 games was the maximum ban possible - surely that needs to be increased.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Glad to hear that Kamara did actually lamp the fucking racist c**t. 

Yup.  I had to laugh at the Slavia statement about Kamara's intense intent to cause injury.   You're damned right he did.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed, I do appreciate that.  Is there any reason it couldn't have been suspended, though?  

Can’t say I’m familiar with what the rules allow for but you’d like to think they applied as many motivating factors as possible. 

On 12/04/2021 at 21:07, bennett said:

Those Sevvies, up to no good as usual....

Former  Celtic star John Collins has slammed Rangers for "playing the system" in their appeal over the club's five Covid rule-breakers.

First-team stars Nathan Patterson, Bongani Zungu and Calvin Bassey face a six-game ban at the hands of the SFA for attending a party in lockdown, as do on-loan pair Dapo Mebude and Brian Kinnear.

Steven Gerrard slyly indicated he would appeal when the charge for the February infringement was handed out.

And that hearing will be heard on April 20 - two days after the Scottish Cup meeting between the champions and their arch-rivals Celtic.

Collins reckons deep down the appeal is simply an underhand tactic to ensure Patterson does not miss vital matches while captain and first choice right-back James Tavernier is out injured.

He told BBC Sportsound: "In my opinion, they've used the system.

"Tavernier is out, injured, their only real right-back is the young lad, so they've played the system.

"They've tried to delay the process, well they have delayed the process, which meant they had a right-back available for the last Old Firm game.

"They're going to have a right-back available on Sunday. So it's worked.

"The SFA, once again, their system is flawed. The process should have been much quicker and the question should have been asked straight away, 'why are you appealing something that you're not going to win?'

"He's broken the rules, they've broken the rules

I should’ve run John Collins over when I had the chance... 

On 12/04/2021 at 21:49, gannonball said:

Bennett like whatever rag he has pulled this from never lets the facts get in the way of a good story. Celtic have used the appeal system in the past to get other players fit before serving bans, this isn't ground breaking news.

I would imagine that’s precisely why he’s shared the article...🙄

3 hours ago, AJF said:

So UEFA have banned Kudela for 10 matches for racist behaviour and Kamara has been banned for 3 matches for assaulting him.

Roofe also receives a 4 match ban for his tackle on the keeper.

The Roofe ban better set a standard then but I dare say we’ll see shorter bans for worse at some point.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can’t say I’m familiar with what the rules allow for but you’d like to think they applied as many motivating factors as possible. 

I wonder if the fact it happened in the tunnel rather than on the pitch immediately after the incident affected the outcome.

I'm not saying it necessarily should have, just that it would be the sort of legal argument you'd get in a standard assault case "There was an argument between the two parties, which was defused, then the accused returned five minutes later and assualted the victim"-type stuff.

RANGERS notes the UEFA disciplinary decision relating to our fixture v Slavia Prague at Ibrox on 18th March.

We welcome the suspension imposed on Ondrej Kudela. This not only vindicates Glen Kamara’s evidence but underlines the severity of the comment, given the number of games which have been imposed by UEFA.

Nevertheless, we believe the sanctions imposed on our two players (Glen Kamara and Kemar Roofe) are severe. We have written to UEFA, seeking clarification in writing on the basis that we intend to appeal the suspensions on both of players.

We will make no further comment on this matter

31 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I wonder if the fact it happened in the tunnel rather than on the pitch immediately after the incident affected the outcome.

I'm not saying it necessarily should have, just that it would be the sort of legal argument you'd get in a standard assault case "There was an argument between the two parties, which was defused, then the accused returned five minutes later and assualted the victim"-type stuff.

Yeah would imagine that’s entirely plausible 

8 hours ago, G51 said:

Can’t believe @FrankChickens1 downvoted this lol

Don't know what your point is. Guess you're going to try and make it part of your fanciful 'people support Kudela' pish from the other day. Delitit Kamara hit him. He has to have a ban. 

You're a pathetic little victim boy yersel though. 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

He has dished out quite a lot of suspicious down votes particularly on this subject.

Not a single one in direct response to Kamara actually.

Just in answer to you two repugnantly trying to exploit the vile attack on Kamara as part of trying trying to pretend you're not all wee bigot boys.

You support rangers, who promote and exploit sectarianism for their own financial aims, and so you are. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

6 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Not a single one in direct response to Kamara actually.

Just in answer to you two repugnantly trying to exploit the vile attack on Kamara as part of trying trying to pretend you're not all wee bigot boys.

You support rangers, who promote and exploit sectarianism for their own financial aims, and so you are. 

There we are.

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

One of those “hating Rangers is more important than hating racism” lads.

Saying UEFA cant not ban Kamara for an assault which took place not in the heat of the immediate aftermath but long after the event =/ not hating racism. 

Supporting rangers = not hating racism. 

Easy to get confused when you're a daft wee bigot. 

7 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Saying UEFA cant not ban Kamara for an assault which took place not in the heat of the immediate aftermath but long after the event =/ not hating racism. 

Supporting rangers = not hating racism. 

Easy to get confused when you're a daft wee bigot. 

You don’t even realise you’re part of the problem do you?

By undermining support for anti-racism on the basis of a lie (All Rangers fans are bigots), you are no better than the Slavia fans who have done the same thing using the same or different lies.

Be better.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

You don’t even realise you’re part of the problem do you?

By undermining support for anti-racism on the basis of a lie (All Rangers fans are bigots), you are no better than the Slavia fans who have done the same thing using the same or different lies.

Be better.

This is a total fiction. 

I haven't done anything to undermine support for anti racism. Just you had a wee strop that I downvoted a comment saying that Kamara should have been allowed by a major corporate entity to be allowed to get away scot free with what seems to have been a premeditated assault. 

All Rangers fans are supporters of bigotry. It's an inherent and inescapable part of the club and its identity. 

Equating that accusation to racism is repugnant and undermines support for anti racism by drawing false equivalences between yourself and those who actual victims of discrimination focused on factors inherent to them, as opposed to being victims of warranted criticism, but no discrimination, by virtue a choice they made and make afresh every day to associate themselves with an institution that is the primary cause of sectarianism in Scottish society. 

What happened to Kamara was disgusting. You're not Kamara. You're just a sad little bigot.