Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

I’d drive Goldson to anywhere that made an offer. I think he’s easily the worst central defender at Ibrox. He’s been part of an excellent defensive unit but when it’s went wrong on those few occasions he’s been to blame. Although he expertly manages to blame everyone else. Celtic’s goal in the last game being a case in point. My mate, however, thinks he’s the best defender to have graced a pitch.

Don’t talk pish.

7 hours ago, scmwell said:

Craig Moore was shite

Don’t talk pish.

Those Sevvies, up to no good as usual....

Former  Celtic star John Collins has slammed Rangers for "playing the system" in their appeal over the club's five Covid rule-breakers.

First-team stars Nathan Patterson, Bongani Zungu and Calvin Bassey face a six-game ban at the hands of the SFA for attending a party in lockdown, as do on-loan pair Dapo Mebude and Brian Kinnear.

Steven Gerrard slyly indicated he would appeal when the charge for the February infringement was handed out.

And that hearing will be heard on April 20 - two days after the Scottish Cup meeting between the champions and their arch-rivals Celtic.

Collins reckons deep down the appeal is simply an underhand tactic to ensure Patterson does not miss vital matches while captain and first choice right-back James Tavernier is out injured.

He told BBC Sportsound: "In my opinion, they've used the system.

"Tavernier is out, injured, their only real right-back is the young lad, so they've played the system.

"They've tried to delay the process, well they have delayed the process, which meant they had a right-back available for the last Old Firm game.

"They're going to have a right-back available on Sunday. So it's worked.

"The SFA, once again, their system is flawed. The process should have been much quicker and the question should have been asked straight away, 'why are you appealing something that you're not going to win?'

"He's broken the rules, they've broken the rules

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Those Sevvies, up to no good as usual....

Former  Celtic star John Collins has slammed Rangers for "playing the system" in their appeal over the club's five Covid rule-breakers.

First-team stars Nathan Patterson, Bongani Zungu and Calvin Bassey face a six-game ban at the hands of the SFA for attending a party in lockdown, as do on-loan pair Dapo Mebude and Brian Kinnear.

Steven Gerrard slyly indicated he would appeal when the charge for the February infringement was handed out.

And that hearing will be heard on April 20 - two days after the Scottish Cup meeting between the champions and their arch-rivals Celtic.

Collins reckons deep down the appeal is simply an underhand tactic to ensure Patterson does not miss vital matches while captain and first choice right-back James Tavernier is out injured.

He told BBC Sportsound: "In my opinion, they've used the system.

"Tavernier is out, injured, their only real right-back is the young lad, so they've played the system.

"They've tried to delay the process, well they have delayed the process, which meant they had a right-back available for the last Old Firm game.

"They're going to have a right-back available on Sunday. So it's worked.

"The SFA, once again, their system is flawed. The process should have been much quicker and the question should have been asked straight away, 'why are you appealing something that you're not going to win?'

"He's broken the rules, they've broken the rules

I’ve just listened to the podcast and what John Collins said tonight. By no stretch of the imagination could it be said that I am any fan of John Collins ever being on Sportsound, but he did not say that he “slammed” Rangers and he also did not say that he “reckons deep down the appeal is simply an underhand tactic”. These two things are made up sensationalist journalistic nonsense.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just listened to the podcast and what John Collins said tonight. By no stretch of the imagination could it be said that I am any fan of John Collins ever being on Sportsound, but he did not say that he “slammed” Rangers and he also did not say that he “reckons deep down the appeal is simply an underhand tactic”. These two things are made up sensationalist journalistic nonsense.

Bennett like whatever rag he has pulled this from never lets the facts get in the way of a good story. Celtic have used the appeal system in the past to get other players fit before serving bans, this isn't ground breaking news.

Edited by gannonball

So UEFA have banned Kudela for 10 matches for racist behaviour and Kamara has been banned for 3 matches for assaulting him.

Roofe also receives a 4 match ban for his tackle on the keeper.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

So UEFA have banned Kudela for 10 matches for racist behaviour and Kamara has been banned for 3 matches for assaulting him.

Roofe also receives a 4 match ban for his tackle on the keeper.

Is there a breakdown of how they decide how many games they should be banned for or is this just off the cuff? 

I understand there will be difficulties proving what was said but it's terrible PR to just give out a minor 10 game ban whilst also handing us 7 days for a tackle and retaliating to racism..

Just now, Stormzy said:

Is there a breakdown of how they decide how many games they should be banned for or is this just off the cuff? 

I understand there will be difficulties proving what was said but it's terrible PR to just give out a minor 10 game ban whilst also handing us 7 days for a tackle and retaliating to racism..

As far as I am aware, 10 matches is the maximum ban UEFA could give Kudela according to their disciplinary rules.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

As far as I am aware, 10 matches is the maximum ban UEFA could give Kudela according to their disciplinary rules.

It’s the minimum, not the maximum.

Kamara’s penalty was a fixed one.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hmm think there's no doubt that Kudela deserves more than 10.

3 games for Kamara depends on what he's actually been found guilty of I suppose? Obviously it's for assaulting him but not sure what he actually did.

The standard ban for violent conduct is 3 matches - and that's for violent conduct on the pitch in the heat of the moment. If he's gone and sought him out in the tunnel a fair bit later and assaulted him in front of delegates and officials then he can hardly expect to get nothing. They've doled out the minimum they can in those circumstances, because I'm pretty sure attacking someone in the tunnel in different circumstances might have a much bigger ban associated with it.

I think the 10 games for Kudela is a bit less then I'd have liked to see, but the fact that he misses the only Euros, probably the only chance he'd ever get at a major tournament, makes it a fairly meaningful punishment nonetheless. It's much longer than the sort of punishments that have been dished out in the past.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Kamara is not banned for the Euros - his ban is for club competitions only.

I think it was a poor attempt at humour, given the circumstances, following Gerrard's comments regarding Nathan Patterson.