Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Well it plainly is possible in circumstances where you have no issue being part of, to reference the film above, part of the bigot club. Draw your own conclusions. 

Doesn't Kudela have black team mates? 

hahahaha

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

I live in Ireland, I have an Irish Catholic wife, Irish Catholic in-laws, the people I socalise with and work with are Irish Catholics. Pretty much all the important people in my life, save my parents and siblings, are Irish Catholics. Even my marriage was a Catholic ceremony.

Do you think that would be possible if you were right, and I was an anti-Catholic bigot?

Yeah I know what you mean. I’m married into a family of ****. It’s chronic innit? 

27 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Well it plainly is possible in circumstances where you have no issue being part of, to reference the film above, part of the bigot club. Draw your own conclusions. 

Doesn't Kudela have black team mates? You're close to making that tired argument. 

Maybe we have different interpretations of bigotry. For me, it includes being part of the problem. 

Part of the problem of racism and bigotry in the Scottish game is evidently people playing whataboutery with racism and bigotry...

You definitely seem a bigger part of the problem than anything posted by any Rangers fans in this thread. 

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You definitely seem a bigger part of the problem than anything posted by any Rangers fans in this thread. 

Says..... A rangers fan.

I think if the ill effects of the sectarian identity prevalent among rangers fans, and supported by the club, was limited to this thread then I wouldn't have quite the same problem with them. 

It's like arguing with children. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was wondering the same.

I'm guessing he means the whole down voting posts part as in because I've posted plenty in the politics forum and I'm unashamedly pro Union. It's likely he has other reasons for red dotting my posts other than the fact I'm merely a Rangers fan, which is fair enough, I can't say I've noticed the guy down voting my posts anyway. 

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

This is a total fiction. 

I haven't done anything to undermine support for anti racism. Just you had a wee strop that I downvoted a comment saying that Kamara should have been allowed by a major corporate entity to be allowed to get away scot free with what seems to have been a premeditated assault. 

All Rangers fans are supporters of bigotry. It's an inherent and inescapable part of the club and its identity. 

Equating that accusation to racism is repugnant and undermines support for anti racism by drawing false equivalences between yourself and those who actual victims of discrimination focused on factors inherent to them, as opposed to being victims of warranted criticism, but no discrimination, by virtue a choice they made and make afresh every day to associate themselves with an institution that is the primary cause of sectarianism in Scottish society. 

What happened to Kamara was disgusting. You're not Kamara. You're just a sad little bigot. 

I would have thought two opposing Christian denominations would be the primary cause of sectarianism in Scotland, actually.

39 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I would have thought two opposing Christian denominations would be the primary cause of sectarianism in Scotland, actually.

Two opposing denominations can't live together? Maybe they would, in the modern era, without major institutions fanning the flame

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Two opposing denominations can't live together? Maybe they would, in the modern era, without major institutions fanning the flame

Doesn't stop them being sectarian. 

9 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Like Stormzy you mean? 

9 hours ago, Stormzy said:

What do I have to do with this? 

9 hours ago, AJF said:

I was wondering the same.

8 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I'm guessing he means the whole down voting posts part as in because I've posted plenty in the politics forum and I'm unashamedly pro Union. It's likely he has other reasons for red dotting my posts other than the fact I'm merely a Rangers fan, which is fair enough, I can't say I've noticed the guy down voting my posts anyway. 

Nope, totally wrong. I don’t frequent the politics forum and I very rarely - if ever - red dot posts.

I merely meant that Stormzy can be guilty of down voting posts for ridiculous reasons, mainly for criticism of things he likes. Not just him tbh, but he was the first person to spring to mind when you said it to the other fella.

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Nope, totally wrong. I don’t frequent the politics forum and I very rarely - if ever - red dot posts.

I merely meant that Stormzy can be guilty of down voting posts for ridiculous reasons, mainly for criticism of things he likes. Not just him tbh, but he was the first person to spring to mind when you said it to the other fella.

Fair enough, not that you actually know my reasons for downvoting any post ever but I can't say I care enough to argue the point. 

Says..... A rangers fan.
I think if the ill effects of the sectarian identity prevalent among rangers fans, and supported by the club, was limited to this thread then I wouldn't have quite the same problem with them. 
It's like arguing with children. 
I have no skin in this game at all as I'm not a Rangers fan.

But I've read this thread through and found it particularly humourous that your argument seems to be that all Rangers fans either hate or enable hatred of specific people because of what they are, rather than who they are (i.e. they are prejudiced or support prejudice) while at the same time quite clearly demonstrating your own hatred for Rangers and Rangers fans because of what you perceive they are, not who they actually are (showing your own prejudice).

The juxtaposition is truly a work of art. Bravo, it made me smile.[emoji846]