Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

On 22/04/2021 at 18:07, DMCs said:

Should be available for Trophy Day and beyond if we make the Scottish Cup semis.

You’re obviously right, but on the flip side if you lose on Sunday he won’t play again this season.

Scott Burns is reporting in the Record that we're about to sign Fashion Sakala from Oostende on a Bosman.

Watched a couple of his games when we were linked in January. If we sign this guy, he's here to replace Kent, make no mistake about it. Explosive pace, can square a man up and beat him 1v1, loves to cut inside and shoot.

Everything about our business  in January and the summer tells me Kent is going. Wright, Sakala and Kennedy are there to replace him.

35 minutes ago, G51 said:

Scott Burns is reporting in the Record that we're about to sign Fashion Sakala from Oostende on a Bosman.

Watched a couple of his games when we were linked in January. If we sign this guy, he's here to replace Kent, make no mistake about it. Explosive pace, can square a man up and beat him 1v1, loves to cut inside and shoot.

Everything about our business  in January and the summer tells me Kent is going. Wright, Sakala and Kennedy are there to replace him.

I’ll be gutted to see Kent go, but if we’re expecting a new bid from Leeds abs a hefty fee then I’m glad we seem to be proactive in getting the position covered.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ll be gutted to see Kent go, but if we’re expecting a new bid from Leeds abs a hefty fee then I’m glad we seem to be proactive in getting the position covered.

I've heard rumours of a release clause in Kent's contract that would be well within the range that Leeds would pay. A parting gift from Mark Allen.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

I've heard rumours of a release clause in Kent's contract that would be well within the range that Leeds would pay. A parting gift from Mark Allen.

I’d heard the same to be honest but I just assumed they’d been mistaken when Leeds never got him last summer when they were heavily linked with him.

If he goes then fair enough, he’s had a cracking season and has been key in helping us win the title. He’ll go with my best wishes.

8 hours ago, G51 said:

Is this the clause of £7.5m that Leeds somehow didn't activate when they bid £10m for him, dear reader?

On 22/04/2021 at 18:13, bennett said:

I'll probably give Tam Sevco a miss Jinky,  I know that we died on 2012 blah blah blah ...

Aye, an absolute minter of a Twitter account. Up there with Paul The Fiend.

20 hours ago, bennett said:

So I'm assuming that we never banned the media then?

Rangers Football Club

I’d personally have no issue if every club in Scotland banned every representative of the tabloid press. Utter pish from front to back at all times. Only admirable quality is their consistency. 

17 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

The guy clearly has issues . 

something Celtic fans were all holier than thou on only last week when their ex manager was out his trunks in a video last week 

Tam Sellick or Abdul? Actually, doesn’t matter. They both have serious issues. One’s obsessed the other is mad.

11 hours ago, G51 said:

Not wanting to get into "whats right/whats wrong" thing, I've never seen him play etc., but shoved him in my daft system and he doesn't seem too similar to Kent?

Spoiler

Sakala.thumb.png.701b60fc277cc5bf4d29499016a0fab2.png

Although its maybe influenced by games as a striker. I had to combine strikers and wingers for Belgium to create a winger profile for him. Possibly flawed due to that.

Wonder if you'll target him with large cross balls, which you don't have with any wingers currently, would maybe be the "next step" to break sides down?

Scott Wright makes a lot of sense as a direct understudy/potential replacement to Kent though, maybe just needs to attempt more 1v1 dribbles rather than passing the ball on.

Wright.thumb.png.eb9f0bc6698e32e840bbafa4ab37d962.png

Same with Kennedy, who just doesn't get in the box enough yet.

Kennedy.thumb.png.5ca0dea340aaf370f8fb6505fb6ffda2.png

Obviously you probably don't necessarily want a direct copy of Kent.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not wanting to get into "whats right/whats wrong" thing, I've never seen him play etc., but shoved him in my daft system and he doesn't seem too similar to Kent?

Hide contents

Sakala.thumb.png.701b60fc277cc5bf4d29499016a0fab2.png

Although its maybe influenced by games as a striker. I had to combine strikers and wingers for Belgium to create a winger profile for him. Possibly flawed due to that.

Wonder if you'll target him with large cross balls, which you don't have with any wingers currently, would maybe be the "next step" to break sides down?

Scott Wright makes a lot of sense as a direct understudy/potential replacement to Kent though, maybe just needs to attempt more 1v1 dribbles rather than passing the ball on.

Wright.thumb.png.eb9f0bc6698e32e840bbafa4ab37d962.png

Same with Kennedy, who just doesn't get in the box enough yet.

Kennedy.thumb.png.5ca0dea340aaf370f8fb6505fb6ffda2.png

Obviously you probably don't necessarily want a direct copy of Kent.

He’s played a different role for Oostende this season - they’ve played him as a centre forward. They often sit in a mid or low block and make use of his pace on the counter, hence why he profiles so well as a goal threat (despite not actually being a great finisher IMO).

Previously they were playing him cutting in from the left, and I think that’s what Rangers would look to do as well. We don’t have a massive need to play him at CF because we’ll only face a high line 10 times a season. Though having the option is good I suppose.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

He’s played a different role for Oostende this season - they’ve played him as a centre forward. They often sit in a mid or low block and make use of his pace on the counter, hence why he profiles so well as a goal threat (despite not actually being a great finisher IMO).

Previously they were playing him cutting in from the left, and I think that’s what Rangers would look to do as well. We don’t have a massive need to play him at CF because we’ll only face a high line 10 times a season. Though having the option is good I suppose.

I don't know if you care etc.,  but I'm just pumping as many of these out about players I don't know to try and sort the inevitable flaws. But this is him in 19/20 when playing mostly as a left winger.

Spoiler

Kent.thumb.png.3e1844f1e21c9e2fb3feeda0e4080ab3.png

Again, I'm not meaning anything with these, its just me putting them out for criticism/flaws, and then to see how the look 12 months later if the player then signs and plays regularly.

Sort of looks, to me and solely on paper, he could realistically be signed as an alternative to Kent, rather than a replacement. If you had him, Wright, and Kent, as attacking options, you would still get plenty of time out of all three, IMO.

12 hours ago, G51 said:

Hope not unless he goes for serious money. He's been our best attacking player this season and he does it in the big games.

Oostende play a 3-5-2 and he plays as one of 2 alongside a more traditional striker. He could be quite useful as a versatile option for any of our front 3 positions.

Edited by DMCs

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't know if you care etc.,  but I'm just pumping as many of these out about players I don't know to try and sort the inevitable flaws. But this is him in 19/20 when playing mostly as a left winger.

Hide contents

Kent.thumb.png.3e1844f1e21c9e2fb3feeda0e4080ab3.png

Again, I'm not meaning anything with these, its just me putting them out for criticism/flaws, and then to see how the look 12 months later if the player then signs and plays regularly.

Sort of looks, to me and solely on paper, he could realistically be signed as an alternative to Kent, rather than a replacement. If you had him, Wright, and Kent, as attacking options, you would still get plenty of time out of all three, IMO.

I like the idea of composite metrics to identify stylistic fits. Will take a look into the numbers tonight and see what I come up with.

29 minutes ago, G51 said:

I like the idea of composite metrics to identify stylistic fits. Will take a look into the numbers tonight and see what I come up with.

I'm finding it quite good for saving time.

Used to look for certain metrics, find a player I liked, then spend hours watching them only to realise they weren't what I wanted to find at all.

Still a flawed system, tbh, but gets better each time I change it.

3 hours ago, DMCs said:

This is excellent

When Joe is at it, nobody can get near him. His close control is ridiculously good and I can’t remember seeing anyone in Scotland with a better first touch than him.

He just needs to become more consistent as often large parts of a game can seem to pass him by. Great player who will no doubt net us a hefty profit.